PDA

View Full Version : Mammad naboodi bebini...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

deerouz
22-12-2005, 06:01 AM
Mohammad Jahan-Ara: The patriotic war commander who lost his life while fighting for Khorramshahr's freedom.
Yep. Great memory.

Mohammad Jahan-Ara was the commander of local Sepah unit in Khorramshahr who organized the local defence against the marching Iraqi army. Under siege by Iraq, his small group of men held their lines for 40 days before Iraq finally broke through and took over Khorramshahr. Jahan-Ara was said to be among the last ones who evacuated the city.

He later participated in the battle for liberation of Abadan from Iraqi siege, and reportedly told his friends that he could not wait to take Khorramshahr back from Iraqis. He never made it. If I am not mistaken, he was killed in the crash of an army plane in 1360.

After liberation of Khorramshahr, his friends and comrades created this song in his memory to remember how much he loved to see the glorious day that Khorramshahr would be freed, and never did.

AliMR
22-12-2005, 06:28 AM
BT MOO BE TANAM SIKH SHOD. yaade bachegiam oftadam...
kia dige in khaaterehaaro daare bejoz barobachehaaye hamsenne maa?

Fatso
22-12-2005, 06:41 AM
Reminded me of my own chidlhood, thanks for the post. Great yet sad to read.
I remember when the bombings got really bad, some of my family went to Mashhad, and others to Shahroud. The only person who stayed in Tehran was my grandfather who had spent his whole life in the military. We would phone him every day, and he would act as if nothing is wrong.

ardy
22-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Thanks for sharing your story man.

Who forgets those days???!!! Harchi bashe mA Bachehaye EnghelAbo jangim. LOL!

I think we went to Shomal or Mashhad during time.

btw, I still sing this song while taking shower.

Sly
22-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Great post BT jan! Also I remember the big fat tapes they usually put on all windows!

I have more or less the same story! Although when we went to this village, I was older so I was running around, hunting the village girls! lol ;)

Actually we and some other relatives lived in a same place and they had kids around my age so I was never alone. I also didn't wanna go home because it was much more fun to be there than going to school everyday! :D

deerouz jan, are you sure about this??? I thought Iraqis took over Khoramshahr in a matter of a day?

westwienmaskulin
22-12-2005, 12:28 PM
nice post BT..I was 4 years old during that period. All I knew was that pretty often lights went out and we had to go down to our basement. My granduncles house was hit by a missile. His story is that some "ghost" told him to go out of the house inside the "hayat" and a few seconds later a missile hit.

turbo
22-12-2005, 12:32 PM
we went to kerman..to my grandads house...with my grandad alive and all my cousins there due to bombs it was fun for me (obviously i didnt understood war at the time being 3-4)...but a very sad time in iranian history

abouzar
22-12-2005, 01:18 PM
no.. we stayed in tehran for most of it.. well i lost two of my uncles on frontline.. one of them the year i was born.. so didn't really know them.. and then my dad went .. ended up in hospital.. cuz his train on the way back got hit.. went to hospital to see him.. and because he'd gone when i was little.. i felt like i was meeting a stranger in hospital.. i twas really weird.. and then later i remember i used to actually go on the roof to watch the planes .. that was my idea of fun!!!! i don't ever remember being scared though?! isn't it just amazing being a kid!!

ME
22-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Mohammad Jahan-Ara: The patriotic war commander who lost his life while fighting for Khorramshahr's freedom.

Yes indeed. He was the commander of revolutionary gaurds in Khurramshahr when iraq invaded Iran.(R gaurds then were not the type of politically deviated force we know they are now)
Close to 100 of local youngsters and people who could join them from other parts of Iran, almost non of them with professional military experience, resisted in the surrounded city for almost 2 months against mechanized army of iraq. They only had some J3 rifles and two RPG7 s plus their bravery and love for Iran.
IRIB used to show real reportage of their fights in first few months of the war. They were amazing fighters.

arashinho
22-12-2005, 06:12 PM
i grew up in ahvaz so we went throught this shit way before 1987. for fun we used to collect bullet shells or canon shells. when they started bombing tehran we would notice the iraqi planes would come over ahvaz and not drop any bombs.