BBQ thread

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Isn't chavdar , fenel? Or is Fenel Razianeh?

Well, I use ground Zireh ( Cumin).

For steak meat, if the meat is fresh , Ocean Salt and pepper is all you need ( and a touch of Olive Oil).l
Fennel is Raziyaneh.

man salhast ke be in natijeh residam ke hameh chi ba aragh khoob misheh. :)

What kind of goosfand is it? The reason I'm asking is the goosfands out here stink because of the fat which is marbled in the meat as opposed to the goosfands in Iran which has 90% oif the fat in its tail.
ZA Jan, Agha,

I dont know if yall have any game hunting experience (it works the same) , however just like any other game, if you cut the head, clean up ( the gut ) and hang the "goosfand" and let is drain for a while, you most likely wont taste nor smell the stink. And grill it right then !

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
And this thread is full of typical iranina american politucal activist behind monitor when they done their hard work on pc goes to aragh o kabab ba'desham dood odam teryak. Well done this regyme must gooooo

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
What kind of goosfand is it? The reason I'm asking is the goosfands out here stink because of the fat which is marbled in the meat as opposed to the goosfands in Iran which has 90% oif the fat in its tail.
ZA Jan, Agha,

I dont know if yall have any game hunting experience (it works the same) , however just like any other game, if you cut the head, clean up ( the gut ) and hang the "goosfand" and let is drain for a while, you most likely wont taste nor smell the stink. And grill it right then !
I think some animals that do natural grazing (chera) in the nature tend to have much less marbled fat than the ones that don't. for example you see the vast difference between the meat from farm pigs and the lean meat of wild boar (goraz vahshi).

BT jan, depends on what you are going to make with the meat. If you are buying it from the store and going to make "khorost", just make sure to get rid of all the fat, then wash it real good and let is drain for a long time (over night is perfect) then boil it in a salty water for good 10 minutes and once again wash it (and if you have time let it drain again) and then its ready ! I would do the same if I'm roasting but one must spice to use for roasting "goosfand" meat is cinnamon. For kabob I would once again clean the meat wash it and let it drain then leave it in a bowl of white vinegar or plain yogurt over night then wash it and marinate in a mixture of onion, lime, oil, salt, pepper, paprika and saffron, and this is for Kabob "Barg", I have yet to find out the best way for "kobideh"

Question for you experts: what makes a good Goosfandi meat? All of them stink when you buy them raw but some turn fantastic when cooked and some turn into Pehene Boo Gandoo. I haven't figured it out.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
In the old house I had a Weber BBQ that worked with the gas line from the fire place & fire pit. I thought of saving the BBQ & converting it to a propane using one but found out its not easy. I have been using my Iranian manghal & charcoals & I prefer it but sometimes I am too lazy & just want to grill some steaks. Lately have been thinking of making a heavy duty outside kitchen with 2 BBQs (One charcoal & one gas) & a pizza oven that would be used for a tanoore noon also. However this is an expensive project that will probably be next year. Right now I want to buy an inexpensive BBQ (pro

pane) that has a ledge for skewers (My weber has it & most of the BBQ don't). Any recommendations?
Hala kay mikhay boogooy biyaym bara sarfi kabab ? ! barg bashed lotfan !

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
And this thread is full of typical iranina american politucal activist behind monitor when they done their hard work on pc goes to aragh o kabab ba'desham dood odam teryak. Well done this regyme must gooooo
A shoma razmandegan hatman baad mikhorid.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
biAzar jan, garlic makes it worse !, Rosemary is a good idea and just awesome for any roast, however Rosemary is not in most Iranian dishes ???
I have had good experience with the combo of Garlic and rosemary.

I poke holes in the lamb leg and insert Garlic pieces inside. Sometimes I give my roast a little bath in red wine before doing that! then I use Rosemary to top it during roast. You do not want to separate rosemary leafs from branch or spike.Doing so will give you a bitter outcome.

Closest "iranian herb" to rosemary is Marzeh. Haven't tried it on lamb, but I'm guessing may have similar affect.

BTW : If in Tehran, you can get your rosemary free of charge:) from Namayeshgah bein-al-melali or Park Shahrara :)