The stupidity of Iran's inauguration ceremony

Jun 18, 2005
Today Rohani officially was inaugurated as the next president of IR. Though the ceremony itself highlighted the stupidity and the undemocratic nature of this theocratic regime. The presidential order is handed out by Sardar Vahid (Khamenei's advisor and chief of staff) to AN so he could hand it back to Khamenei again and then Khamenei would hand it to Rohani so he could hand it back to Sardar Vahid again in a few mins. looool

Vahid giving the presidential order to AN

13920512182817575_PhotoL.jpg

AN handing out the presidential order to Khamenei

13920512182816700_PhotoL.jpg

Khamenei handing out the presidential order to Rohani

13920512182814356_PhotoL.jpg

Pretty symbolic, is not it? looool

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Bunch of bear foot idiots with smelly feet on non-matching geleams - that's our last 8 years and hope for the future! God bless reforms and reformists - I don't know where we would be without them! :drunk:

Oct 18, 2010
first of all this was not the inauguration ceremony.that will take place tomorrow in a different setting.this was the formal 'endorsement' ceremony.according to iranian constitution the elected president has to be 'endorsed' by the leader before he is sworn into office.i am not familiar with the details of the protocol that was followed but one can argue all forms of pomp and circumstances are stupid.that is a different story and applies to all.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
I find it more ironic that the carpet looks like an Israeli flag at first glance with a blue curtain in the back. since when Blue is the color in islam, they usually use dark green!!!

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Bunch of bear foot idiots with smelly feet on non-matching geleams - that's our last 8 years and hope for the future! God bless reforms and reformists - I don't know where we would be without them! :drunk:
در ایران تا بود ملا و مفتی
به روز بدتر از این هم بیفتی

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
first of all this was not the inauguration ceremony.that will take place tomorrow in a different setting.this was the formal 'endorsement' ceremony.according to iranian constitution the elected president has to be 'endorsed' by the leader before he is sworn into office.i am not familiar with the details of the protocol that was followed but one can argue all forms of pomp and circumstances are stupid.that is a different story and applies to all.
Here's a little bit more on the protocol:

خامنه ای با حکم «تنفیذ» روحانی را «منصوب» کرد

Last edited:

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
according to iranian constitution the elected president has to be 'endorsed' by the leader before he is sworn into office
See, they are doing it just like America. Why all the ridicule? The president is not formally elected until the Electoral College votes. In our case, the whole college is one man but who is counting?