Iranian TV series, Movies

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
I wasn't a fan of TV series , it has been couple years I haven't seen one or good one but Dozdo Police was a really funny TV serie and I really enjoyed it . I suggest you guys watch it and hope you like :)

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I recommend this flick to all. A very beautiful movie by Pouran Derakhshande about one of the most destructive facts about Our Women in Iran ....
Not that beautiful considering the content. It was a bit painful. The court scenes were anything but realistic. Try talking like that in Iranian courts and you'll be laughed at. In fact, the whole concept of defending the accused in a court of law was comical because the Iranian law is absolutely clear on this matter.

It was good to see some light shed on this issue, but they failed in so many artistic aspects it didn't feel like a good movie. The acting was quite below average even by Iranian standards.

Not that beautiful considering the content. It was a bit painful. The court scenes were anything but realistic. Try talking like that in Iranian courts and you'll be laughed at. In fact, the whole concept of defending the accused in a court of law was comical because the Iranian law is absolutely clear on this matter.

It was good to see some light shed on this issue, but they failed in so many artistic aspects it didn't feel like a good movie. The acting was quite below average even by Iranian standards.
It seemed unrealistic just because the Islamic laws overrule the civil laws in Iran but over all it was a spotlight over what we Call Aberoo ( Reputation) and we let many things slip away from and through it ...

Last edited:
I have a serious question, for you guys that live outside iran and have access to TOP NOTCH production english TV Shows, why do you guys watch Iranian ??? I never got this ...

Do you eat pancake and Hamburgers and fries every day ? What watching Iranian movie or series have to do with living outside Iran ?

So if a British decides to live in Iran he or she should not watch any English TV program ? I also watch some English TV shows but that's my root and my culture and nothing will stop me enjoying it .

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Do you eat pancake and Hamburgers and fries every day ? What watching Iranian movie or series have to do with living outside Iran ?

So if a British decides to live in Iran he or she should not watch any English TV program ? I also watch some English TV shows but that's my root and my culture and nothing will stop me enjoying it .
bro, you dont get something, then you waste no time jumping to conclusion, when you live outside Iran, English TV shows are on TV, you have a MUCH easier access to them than comparing to those living in Iran plus we can assume you understand them more since on Avg, your english is better.
anyway, i was NOT attacking anyone, i was just asking the question, you are right, it has i guess a lot to do with culture , I laugh 10x more when watching English TV shows and it might have to do with the fact i lived inside Iran for only few years.

Cheers,

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
bro, you dont get something, then you waste no time jumping to conclusion, when you live outside Iran, English TV shows are on TV, you have a MUCH easier access to them than comparing to those living in Iran plus we can assume you understand them more since on Avg, your english is better.
anyway, i was NOT attacking anyone, i was just asking the question, you are right, it has i guess a lot to do with culture , I laugh 10x more when watching English TV shows and it might have to do with the fact i lived inside Iran for only few years.

Cheers,
When it comes to comedy, except for specifically Iranian subjects, there's no reason to watch Iranian productions.

There is some value in watching a very select few of Iranian movies and series (with a very forgiving mind). It helps keep in touch with the culture and perhaps retrace some of our own psychological habits back to their roots. The artistic value of such movies and series is absolutely garbage though.

As George Carlin said "It's all bullshit folks and it's bad for you"!

Cheers,
No one said you are attacking anyone , It all depends on your ties with your homeland . TV series are something that keep me attached with my native land. beside since the Cinema is almost a reflection of the society I can learn a lot from it. Having said that due to some extreme censorship in Iran , most of the movies will leave you clueless at the end , that's why I prefer watching TV series as producers can modify the stories if they have to ... and of course not every single products is watchable .

I can give you a handful name of TV series that no one will ever make something close to it

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
Nothing cannot replace the touch of home in these series , intentionally i avoid the so called intellectual ones and just tap to the silly ones , i miss every moment of living there ,cherish every moment of these iranian series