(OLD THRED FROM 2014) - CL Semi-Finals [R]

Well, I think today was indeed the death of one type of football. Not possession football, but lazy football.

When Pep's Barcelona was winning trophies with their style, it was not due to Barca players giving each other short passes and standing around like idiots. It was because Messi, Pedro, Iniesta and even Xavi himself were constantly making runs, 75% of which were never met with a pass. That's how this system works. It relies on multiple players constantly making runs but only one of them receiving the ball at the discretion of the playmaker (Xavi most of the time).

I don't know what Pep told Bayern players, but they sure as hell weren't making any useful runs and who the hell was supposed to be giving thru passes today? They all sucked ass.

Madrid played okay, but I don't think they were expecting this to be so easy. And it was very easy. Probably Madrid's easiest game of the season.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Happy for RM but got to be easy on Pep. When we are talking about top 10 clubs in Europe, none is really 4 goals better than the others, so no need to be cocky. It is just unaccounted circumstances rather than strength that produce such a one-sided result. If you have scored no goals away and fall behind 1-0 at home, the chances are you are doomed.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
I don't think anyone was expecting this result today... very similar to last year's Barcelona-Bayern semi-final match! I am an old Real Madrid fan but have to tell you that sometimes in soccer things can go so right for one and so wrong for the other, it's just the way it can turn out...

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
خوشم آمد که بالاخره انتقام سنگینی*** از اقای گواردیولا گرفتیم.فکر کنم امشب هر چی*** عقده ریال مادرید و طرفدارنش از جمله خود من از جناب پپ داشتیم،امشب روی سرش خراب کردیم.خوب بالاخره نمی***شود هر روز پیروز بود،گاهی هم باخت خوب مزه آای میدهد.وقتی*** چهرهٔ پپ را امروز دیدم،به یاد استفان کواکس،مربی*** بزرگ آژاکس بزرگ افتادم،وقتی***،جانی رپ،کرایف،نسکینس،هشف ،و دیگر بزرگان آژاکس را داشت،کبکش خروس می***خوند،عین همین اقای پپ،آنچنان غرور داشت که وقتی*** روی زمین راه میرفت،فخر می***فروخت،تا اینکه مثل همین اقای پپ،کبکش خروس خوند،هی*** جام را این***ور و اونور ببرد،و فاتح همهٔ جامها شود دلش را زد،تا اینکه تصمیم گرفت مربی*** رومانی شود،اونجا بود که قافیه را باخت،چپ و راست باخت،و حتا تیم رومانی نتوانست به جام جهانی*** ۱۹۷۸ راه پیدا کند.

دنیا دنیای عجیبیست،چهرهٔ امشب پپ فاتح،دیگر چهرهٔ فاتح سابقش را نداشت،شده بود عین جوجه تیغی،تازه خودش محکم هم بر سرش کوفت.بهر صورت،امشب ،شب انتقام شدید از پپ بود،انگار که هر چی*** باد داشت یک دفعه ترکید،یاد شعر بحرام گور افتادم،و بازی زمانه....

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Where's Arash Naeni ??? The clown who called me Clueless for claiming pep was over-rated
Your a muppet mate, seriously. I didn't call you clueless for claiming Pepe was over-rated, in-fact i never even discussed Pep with you. I called you clueless for other reasons, If you knew anything you would know that i was against Guardiola's appointment and i actually wanted to see Heyneckes stay. I feared this exact moment when Guardiola got appointed, that Pep was going to come in and play around with an already perfect team too much and ruin it. One of the main points i was trying to put across was the fact that Martinez (a crucial part in Bayern) was not going to get enough playing time under Guardiola and when he did it was going to be out of position.

But some members here were telling me that Guardiola was going to "evolve" Bayern, (one of which was Bi-Honar). And then i got into it with that other muppet Mahdi, guy thinks Guardiola is the best thing since sliced bread and his head shoved to far up his own ass to even know what is going on. This Bayern is like a harmless baby lamb compared to the ruthless machine we were last season. Guardiola played around too much with it, Bayern did not need major evolving. Bayern did not need to play the best RB in the world in midfield and bench one of the main reasons we won the treble (Martinez), every single time Martinez & Lahm have played in their natural positions we have been a better team for it. Every time, specially when Martinez plays as a DM covering the weak central defence that is Dante/Boateng. If we did not have Martinez last season covering in front of Dante/Boateng, we would not have won the Champions League, i guarantee you that.

Under Guardiola we have become too predictable, one dimensional crap over and over again expecting results. Teams have figured out how to play against Guardiola's system, and how to break it down. Heyneckes figured it out perfectly, and we destroyed Barcelona 7-0 on aggregate doing EXACTLY what Real Madrid just did to us over 2 legs. Good on Real Madrid and Ancelotti, they were perfect. But this result would not have occurred with last seasons Bayern...So if you think i am going to sit here and defend Guardiola your wrong, i was sceptical about his appointment from day one.

Guardiola was supposed to take Bayern Munich to the next level, Instead, he has taken them backwards. All season long, Guardiola has ignored the warning signs, it has been clear that Bayern are vulnerable in the centre of defence. And in the end, we were brutally exposed by Madrid over 2 legs. What really pisses me off is the fact that Pep's system clearly did not work in Santiago Bernebau, so what does he do? He repeats the same shit at home expecting a different result. And you know what absolutely drives me insane, its the fact that we did not just fail to defend our title, Guardiola absolutely riiidd...Last seasons Bayern would have beaten this Real Madrid team, and probably smashed a rubbish Man Utd 6-0 on aggregate.

Doesn't matter though, the exact thing i feared ended up happening. Much of it will come down to the fact that Bayern won the league way to early, we lost our intensity as soon as we won the league. But, Guardiola is our coach, i respect him. We are Bayern we will dust ourselves off, we will come back stronger next season you can be sure of that.

Congratulations to Real Madrid fans.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Possibly Pep G's final days in Germany the good news is you don't need to learn German bro.
There is no way Bayern will fire Guardiola, i can pretty much guarantee you that. Only way he could possibly be in danger of loosing his job is if we loose to Dortmund badly in the German Cup final. Something ridiculous like 3 or 4 nil, (which is possible the way we are playing) but even then i doubt they will fire him.

This Madrid is not the same as last year. They are very strong. The combination of Di Maria, Bale and Ronaldo is a killer. And Modric is top.
This Real Madrid going up against Jupp's Bayern would have been a fantastic match! This Bayern on the other hand, is as open and vulnerable as a prostitute on the side of the street with daddy issues.

Over these 2 legs, i saw in Real Madrid the "perfect" team that Bayern was last season, explosive, disciplined and extremely, extremely effective.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2005
Ultimately, Pep's brand of football was bound to be less effective as teams around them got used to it. Both Spain and Barca had a competitive advantage while it lasted and won everything but even then it was highlighting the strength of those players and hiding their limitations. It's clearly an effective way of playing on the whole but it can be made to look impotent against really strong teams that can counter.

As great as Pep is, it is a shame Heynkes left. For me his Bayern were even better than Pep's Barca for the simple fact that it could pass the ball as well as Barca while being able to absorb and counter like this Real.

As said, it's still an effective way to play but Pep has to go back to the drawing board and tweak it so it can succeed again.

unfortunately many of us are being confused between Parking a bus and counter attacking football. you may park the bus but if you do then you won't be able to score 4 goals against a team like Bayern in Munich .

Pep made a mistake and he confessed to it. this was the second time in a week he got trapped with Madrid Counter attacking game . I was really surprised he did even worse yesterday comparing to the first leg.

I thought he is going to give Madrid more possession so they can to take us out of our own half but he put more pressure instead .

I'd like to meet chelsea in lisbon

Feb 4, 2005
unfortunately many of us are being confused between Parking a bus and counter attacking football. you may park the bus but if you do then you won't be able to score 4 goals against a team like Bayern in Munich .

Pep made a mistake and he confessed to it. this was the second time in a week he got trapped with Madrid Counter attacking game . I was really surprised he did even worse yesterday comparing to the first leg.

I thought he is going to give Madrid more possession so they can to take us out of our own half but he put more pressure instead .

I'd like to meet chelsea in lisbon
Bah bah bah che ajab in tarafaa!

Ultimately, Pep's brand of football was bound to be less effective as teams around them got used to it. Both Spain and Barca had a competitive advantage while it lasted and won everything but even then it was highlighting the strength of those players and hiding their limitations..
and this is one of the reason Bayern brought Pep to Germany, they wanted to be able to get to the same par with Spain who were outclassing them in international level . just too bad Only beckenbauer disliked the guy from day 1 .

خوشم آمد که بالاخره انتقام سنگینی*** از اقای گواردیولا گرفتیم.فکر کنم امشب هر چی*** عقده ریال مادرید و طرفدارنش از جمله خود من از جناب پپ داشتیم،امشب روی سرش خراب کردیم.خوب بالاخره نمی***شود هر روز پیروز بود،گاهی هم باخت خوب مزه آای میدهد.وقتی*** چهرهٔ پپ را امروز دیدم،به یاد استفان کواکس،مربی*** بزرگ آژاکس بزرگ افتادم،وقتی***،جانی رپ،کرایف،نسکینس،هشف ،و دیگر بزرگان آژاکس را داشت،کبکش خروس می***خوند،عین همین اقای پپ،آنچنان غرور داشت که وقتی*** روی زمین راه میرفت،فخر می***فروخت،تا اینکه مثل همین اقای پپ،کبکش خروس خوند،هی*** جام را این***ور و اونور ببرد،و فاتح همهٔ جامها شود دلش را زد،تا اینکه تصمیم گرفت مربی*** رومانی شود،اونجا بود که قافیه را باخت،چپ و راست باخت،و حتا تیم رومانی نتوانست به جام جهانی*** ۱۹۷۸ راه پیدا کند.

دنیا دنیای عجیبیست،چهرهٔ امشب پپ فاتح،دیگر چهرهٔ فاتح سابقش را نداشت،شده بود عین جوجه تیغی،تازه خودش محکم هم بر سرش کوفت.بهر صورت،امشب ،شب انتقام شدید از پپ بود،انگار که هر چی*** باد داشت یک دفعه ترکید،یاد شعر بحرام گور افتادم،و بازی زمانه....
and this is for you

[video=youtube;JLBknu0vwLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLBknu0vwLA#t=96[/video]

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Lineups:

Chelsea : Schwarzer, Ivanović, Terry, Cahill, A.Cole,Azpilicueta, Luiz, Ramires, Willian, Hazard,Torres.

Atletico Madrid : Courtois, Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Filipe Luis, Mario Suarez, Tiago, Koke, Arda Turan, Adrian Lopez, Costa.

Feb 22, 2005
This says it all:

Yet claims that his entire approach is flawed are certainly misguided. There were serious errors in the performance, most notably a lack of an alternative tactic, but Guardiola has been at the club for only a year. Jupp Heynckes's side may have been all-conquering and imperious on their way to the Champions League title last season but no team has defended the trophy since Milan in 1990. Compound that with a drastic change in coaching direction and securing a second European title in two years was always going to be a daunting challenge.

Changing too much too quickly is one valid criticism that could be pointed at Guardiola. However, 14 trophies in four years in Catalonia, crafting arguably the most talented club side in history, is an achievement that currently risks being belittled by one, albeit alarming, defeat.

Feb 22, 2005
Glad to see Raul Garcia out of the line up. He F$$$ed up so many of the chances last time. Lets hope his replacement does better. Happy to see Turan back in the line up. Superb line up for Athletico. Lets go Koke, Tiago, Turan, Costa. I am sure we will see Villa at some point. Hard to start him when Costa is playing even though he is at his best and his performance against Barcelona was exceptional.

Lineups:

Chelsea : Schwarzer, Ivanović, Terry, Cahill, A.Cole,Azpilicueta, Luiz, Ramires, Willian, Hazard,Torres.

Atletico Madrid : Courtois, Juanfran, Godin, Miranda, Filipe Luis, Mario Suarez, Tiago, Koke, Arda Turan, Adrian Lopez, Costa.

Nov 29, 2002
Everyone who wants football played the right way should be this boy tonight

[video=youtube;8CWQEcs5R7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CWQEcs5R7g[/video]