Ivancovich officially back in Iran

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
I liked this guy as a coach. Although I'm an ESES fan, I think PESPES made a wise choice, bringing him at this time, he is not gonna make any differences for the reminder of this season, to little time, but atleast he can use this time to get familiar with the changes and new players; and for next season he can choose his team himself wisely.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
^^i agree, hopefully he will have time to put together a better team for next season, although i think he is mainly back in iran to be the next TM. remember IFF and IRI will only bring people that have "passed" their test! bronko is one of those people so he will be at the helm of TM by June.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
^^i agree, hopefully he will have time to put together a better team for next season, although i think he is mainly back in iran to be the next TM. remember IFF and IRI will only bring people that have "passed" their test! bronko is one of those people so he will be at the helm of TM by June.
God forbid if he ever gets near team melli again , I feel sorry for Perspolis ,although he maybe technically capable at club level but he is easily influenced by others ,probably end up with usual useless player purchases and in the process few people make some money and since most of those players are useless team suffers and fans will be unhappy .

Aug 21, 2005
next door
^^Branko was not a bad coach at the time and era of 2000's for TM. But now after CQ, the expectations from fans and players is more now!! if you want to get rid of CQ it is fine, but IF you do not bring a better coach or someone at the same level, you will not have the same buy in from players and the fans!!

Nov 29, 2002
I sincerely hope he never gets anyway near TM. His last 2 final years were the worst for any TM fan

- Bringing Khatibi back to TM.
- Sticking with the erratic Mirzapour when there were 2 consistently better keepers.
- Never substituting Daei who became the living statue and pushing Hashemian into a crap left-wing position (this actually took a lot of balls to put a natural striker in left wing)
- Never appreciating the concept of form in football. For him, however bad you played you would be fixed in TM if you had a name. Players just didn't get a chance to prove themselves.
- Not inviting IPL's player of the year to the world cup - a 22 year-old Mobali who was an absolute dynamo at the time. Just because they fell out over a transfer issue to Dynamo Zagreb
- Having the greatest wealth of young attacking talents that we had ever had and squandering them with shit football
- His utter denial and refusal to address any problems with the team and weird excuses such as "I picked Kameli Mofrad because of his speed"
- He was given a good stint (four years) but the team he developed had no philosophy and played worse than the team he started with. Spineless games, spineless tactics

After a dry period of talent post-98 when PH and Talebi had to pick from a midfield of Fekri, Halali, Emamifar, Navazi etc with a banned Karimi., Blazevic started discovering new players (Kaabi, Nekounam) but it was really Branko who inherited the real crop of talented players (Mobali, Navidkia, Jabbari, Borhani, Kazemian, Nosrati) so that is why it was such a disappointing period.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
I totally agree, but the main problem with bronko was that he had found his favorite 11 players +/- 1 or 2 other players, and no matter what happen, they would play every game and every min of the games. The team was very very predictable but at the end he would get the results. for him that was all that matter, getting the results with those 11 players. as i remember it was a very boring TM.

Nov 29, 2002
[video=youtube_share;n6QVLd79mkY]http://youtu.be/n6QVLd79mkY[/video]Yeah very spineless and coward strategy by Branco, he didn't have the balls to play like CQ did against Nigeria or Bosnia.

http://youtu.be/n6QVLd79mkY
Yes, keeping Daei on for another 90 minutes and playing hashemian in a flank position was brave. His work with Mahdavikia and Karimi at their peak and the most talented generation of attacking players we had was amazing. Whereas the way Iran played against Nigeria with a far less talented squad was not to your high standards....?

Pull the other one!

WC 2006 is still the most disappointing tournament because we genuinely looked like a force, with our best players at peak age and a very good young crop of 19-22 year olds which was the most exciting new batch we had ever seen before. Hopes were high after the last prep match against Bosnia where we saw a 5-2 victory (Bosnia A-team containing Misimovic, Barbarez, Halilovic etc...). WC 2014 our best players were in the english 2nd-tier and barely starting for their clubs and our talent pool was infinitely less,

The papers in 2014 had us as the second worst or equal worst team with Algeria. Whereas in 2006 we were rated much higher in comparison (between ~22nd-26th dependent on the newspaper and the country)

So anyone who can compare would say our performance with the talent we had available in WC 2014 was much better than our performance in 2006.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The funny thing is, Nekounam himself comes on TV and says we should not let CQ go the same way we did with Branko after the WC2006. He said the same way we should have kept Branko, we should keep CQ now! Hala Dr. Strangemoosh has become kaseye daghtar az aash! What are you other expert comments? :D

The fact is, Branko broke the record of getting good results for TM when it really mattered. and if Branko used Daei, CQ uses Shojaei, if Branko insisted on his own players, so did CQ up until the WC2014 with the inclusion of that lousy Davari! The fact is.... the very same arguments Branko bashers like Dr. Strangmoosh use for Branko, can be applied for CQ! The only difference is, CQ pays more attention to pespes/eses players while Branko didn't! I think the Branko basher's real issue is rather the lack of selection of "their" favorite players in TM during the Branko's time and nothing else! :D

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
The funny thing is, Nekounam himself comes on TV and says we should not let CQ go the same way we did with Branko after the WC2006. He said the same way we should have kept Branko, we should keep CQ now! Hala Dr. Strangemoosh has become kaseye daghtar az aash! What are you other expert comments? :D

The fact is, Branko broke the record of getting good results for TM when it really mattered. and if Branko used Daei, CQ uses Shojaei, if Branko insisted on his own players, so did CQ up until the WC2014 with the inclusion of that lousy Davari! The fact is.... the very same arguments Branko bashers like Dr. Strangmoosh use for Branko, can be applied for CQ! The only difference is, CQ pays more attention to pespes/eses players while Branko didn't! I think the Branko basher's real issue is rather the lack of selection of "their" favorite players in TM during the Branko's time and nothing else! :D
Baba biblical toro jaddet! Oon mashangeh tarsoo ro ba Carlos compare mikoni!

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011

سلای جان،با اون مقایست با کارلوس کیروش،حسابی*** ناامیدم کردی.آخه حیف نیست یک آدم ترسو،بزدل،که کاپیتان تیم*** فوتبالش بهش دستور میداد کی*** را بیار کی*** را نیار را با کیروش مقایسه میکنی***.تازه،چه سبک بازی برای ایران ساخت.هیچی***،یک مربی*** درجهٔ ۲ ***اروپایی

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Baba biblical toro jaddet! Oon mashangeh tarsoo ro ba Carlos compare mikoni!

سلای جان،با اون مقایست با کارلوس کیروش،حسابی*** ناامیدم کردی.آخه حیف نیست یک آدم ترسو،بزدل،که کاپیتان تیم*** فوتبالش بهش دستور میداد کی*** را بیار کی*** را نیار را با کیروش مقایسه میکنی***.تازه،چه سبک بازی برای ایران ساخت.هیچی***،یک مربی*** درجهٔ ۲ ***اروپایی
Na oghab and kasra jans! CQ is head and shoulder above Branko! But this Dr. stragemoosh has a history in this site! He and a few other Branko bashers who've always been criticizing him no matter what, bring up some arguments that are plain stupid. The issues they bring up about Branko can be applicable to any other coach in Iran, including CQ! Now if they said Branko lacked WC experience, he weakened a bit against IFF's pressure during the last few weeks before the WC2006, etc. I'd agree with them. The fact though remains! He broke the record in terms of results and I don't buy the usual argument that he had great players at his disposal. The players he had, were still playing before he took charge of TM! He might be a second rated European coach but in terms of important results, his record speak for itself.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, keeping Daei on for another 90 minutes and playing hashemian in a flank position was brave. His work with Mahdavikia and Karimi at their peak and the most talented generation of attacking players we had was amazing. Whereas the way Iran played against Nigeria with a far less talented squad was not to your high standards....?

Pull the other one!

WC 2006 is still the most disappointing tournament because we genuinely looked like a force, with our best players at peak age and a very good young crop of 19-22 year olds which was the most exciting new batch we had ever seen before. Hopes were high after the last prep match against Bosnia where we saw a 5-2 victory (Bosnia A-team containing Misimovic, Barbarez, Halilovic etc...). WC 2014 our best players were in the english 2nd-tier and barely starting for their clubs and our talent pool was infinitely less,

The papers in 2014 had us as the second worst or equal worst team with Algeria. Whereas in 2006 we were rated much higher in comparison (between ~22nd-26th dependent on the newspaper and the country)

So anyone who can compare would say our performance with the talent we had available in WC 2014 was much better than our performance in 2006.
QTF. I was at the Iran Mexico game, what a huge let down we had momentum going into half time tied 1-1 and we had the Mexicans shaking in their boots. The Mexican fans were down at half time. They come in with 3 forwards and we have 1 90 yo Ali Daei. However, do I think he has a future with Perspolis? Yes I do and I am an Esteghlal fan but I think he will do well at the IPL level. He might not be TM or NT coach level (for a decent team like Iran or Croatia) but he is club level worthy coach. He also has experience with plenty of clubs with Zagreb and other clubs so he will be a good fit. This season might be a goner for PP but this is a good move for next season.

Nov 29, 2002
But this Dr. stragemoosh has a history in this site!
I supported Branko up to the Asian cup when he was coming out of Ciro's shadow but after that tournament he was an unmitigated disaster.

You have no right to criticise anyone as over the years you have consistently proven yourself to be the most illogical, frustrating member of this site (rivalling MoneyJock in his early period before he had a La Liga complex), and more than anything you don't watch much football as Ali (ISP) identified before. You do watch Bollywood though so maybe that is more suited to you.

Anyway, please don't put Branko and CQ in the same sentence.

Nov 29, 2002
QTF. I was at the Iran Mexico game, what a huge let down we had momentum going into half time tied 1-1 and we had the Mexicans shaking in their boots. The Mexican fans were down at half time. They come in with 3 forwards and we have 1 90 yo Ali Daei. However, do I think he has a future with Perspolis? Yes I do and I am an Esteghlal fan but I think he will do well at the IPL level. He might not be TM or NT coach level (for a decent team like Iran or Croatia) but he is club level worthy coach. He also has experience with plenty of clubs with Zagreb and other clubs so he will be a good fit. This season might be a goner for PP but this is a good move for next season.
I was at that game too. In Germany all three games were so deflating. Amongst the world cups that one is the more sore.... At least us fans in Brazil got two good disciplined performances with our limited talent and they just exhausted themselves too much for the Bosnia game.

Sure I don't mind if he manages Eses or Pespes but please don't bring him anyway near TM or javanan.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I was at that game too. In Germany all three games were so deflating. Amongst the world cups that one is the more sore.... At least us fans in Brazil got two good disciplined performances with our limited talent and they just exhausted themselves too much for the Bosnia game.

Sure I don't mind if he manages Eses or Pespes but please don't bring him anyway near TM or javanan.
Good show mate good show. Now I wish I had the energy for Brazil but honestly I was so deflated and disappointed about Iran's performance in 2006, I said, "Screw it I"ll get myself that new Camry instaed" so I upgraded my 03 Camry for an 09. Like you said at least under CQ, we got two good games and one stinker(we are usually due for one). I spent so much money in Germany and I'm sure you did as well. My dad and I were so excited we got tickets by Fifa

Iran 2006 was like the prom for me, such a huge let down. Now I thought it was going to be a blast because the cheerleader actually said yes so I got all excited, dressed up and picked her up in my dad's nice benz. We even had a fun after party but then she got high, passed out and I didn't get any. WC2006 was kind of like THAT. You expected to get LAID, you expected Iran to POSSIBLY get out of the first round for the first time because we actually had a GOOD TEAM. Bronko effed it up with his GUTLESS and defensive coward play not to lose football.

Now again for SS or PP ok whatever coach and get your money that is cool but stay the hell away from Team Melli, unless you want Iran to just be an average Asian team. I promise you this much if Bronko is the coach for Iran, we will not qualify for the 2018 games no bloody way in hell. I mean look at the emerging teams eff Irak because with 10 men they had to cheat in order to win but UAE is now good and so is Uzbekistan so you got Korea, Japan, Australia, Uzbekistan and UAE plus Saudi, Iran so four teams are going to go in, that means some decent teams will be left out. Bronko will not do anything with Iran.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I supported Branko up to the Asian cup when he was coming out of Ciro's shadow but after that tournament he was an unmitigated disaster.

You have no right to criticise anyone as over the years you have consistently proven yourself to be the most illogical, frustrating member of this site (rivalling MoneyJock in his early period before he had a La Liga complex), and more than anything you don't watch much football as Ali (ISP) identified before. You do watch Bollywood though so maybe that is more suited to you.

Anyway, please don't put Branko and CQ in the same sentence.
LOL...what a bad come back. Going from pure football arguments to personal attacks of who said what ages ago, just shows your weak arguments in this discussion! Talking about who doesn't watch much football, Mr. "Ronaldinho sucked in PSG"! :D

Finally, i don't want to compare CQ with Branko but your arguments about Branko is also so valid for CQ that makes you become a hypocrite!

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
LOL some of u guys are so funny. We played an open game against Mexico, the secounds goal which killed the momentum like a cold shower, came from a fuck up from Mirzapour. I have been asking this question to all Branco bashers, what score would had made u happy? Why would Iran get any result better than loss against Mexico? Were we better in any of the following compare to Mexico?
1) Tallent :Which team had the better talent?
2)preparation: investment by the federation, infrastructure,
3) number of fans present and support

Why in the hell would we had got any result than what we got? Do I even need to bring up Pourtugal. Some people had such a high expectations, like they were in a dream world.

The best teams in the world are playing with one forward; nothing wrong with that. For Gods sake even CQ plays with one forward.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
LOL some of u guys are so funny. We played an open game against Mexico, the secounds goal which killed the momentum like a cold shower, came from a fuck up from Mirzapour. I have been asking this question to all Branco bashers, what score would had made u happy? Why would Iran get any result better than loss against Mexico? Were we better in any of the following compare to Mexico?
1) Tallent :Which team had the better talent?
2)preparation: investment by the federation, infrastructure,
3) number of fans present and support

Why in the hell would we had got any result than what we got? Do I even need to bring up Pourtugal. Some people had such a high expectations, like they were in a dream world.

The best teams in the world are playing with one forward; nothing wrong with that. For Gods sake even CQ plays with one forward.
Yes some of the best teams in the world play with one forward upfront but none play a 37 years old statue upfront!