NHL Playoff 2016

Nov 24, 2002
Eastern conference semi-final:

Caps- Pens
NYI-Tampa

Western conference semi-final:

Sharks-Preds
Blues-Stars

With already 2 of main contenders and winners of cup in last 5 years out very early in first round(Kings and Hawks), NHL will have new champs. My feeling is Sharks will go all the way FINALLY, they have almost a complete team(except a young goalie) but they play so well and structured hockey in front of Jones that give any team hard time. I have a feeling we will see Sharks-Caps final and Sharks win the cup.

My prediction is :
Caps in 6
NYI in 7
Sharks in 6
and
Blues in 7

Nov 24, 2002
My money is on Dallas- Wahington in the final
Dallas issue is their defense and defense win championships, other than that they have probably best top 6 forward core in NHL. Since Jim Nill took over as GM what a turn over of situation Dallas had, usually they say you build your team through draft and complete it in free agency/trade market, but this guy in space of couple years made Dallas very competitive team, still not an elite team in my eye though.
Nill is one of the most underrated GM in league in my opinion, no wonder he was getting paid as GM when he was assistant GM in Detroit.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
The most exciting moment for leafs fan in last 20 years! We won the draft lottery and will pick the first!!! Abieteh!!! Lol

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
The most exciting moment for leafs fan in last 20 years! We won the draft lottery and will pick the first!!! Abieteh!!! Lol
Here is your franchise center(Austin Matthews), so pissed off that Leafs won it lol.

On serious note, Leafs heading finally into right direction with new management.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Great game between the Blues and the Stars and the Blues took away the home ice advantage by beating the Stars in Dallas. It was a great and intensive game (like the 4th game between the Penguins and Rangers). The Blues actually controlled it until they led 3-1 and then slept on it and that was a mistake because the Stars came back and dominated the last period and leveled the score shortly before the final whistle sending it to overtime. In overtime however the Blues could seal the deal for good and scored to win it 4-3.

One stop closer to my final Pens vs. Blues...

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Pavelski scored winner for Sharks with only couple minutes to play in 3rd.2-0 Sharks so far. Naming him as team captain was best one of best decision by organization, he is also one of the most underrated player in league(mainly because he play in a market like SJ), also he has one of the best contracts in league(4 M per year).

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Caps choked again lol
Mat Murray will obviously be future goalie of Pens. It will be interesting to see how they deal with Fleury situation. There are already some rumors sending him to Toronto.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
We are getting closer to Blues vs. Pens finals as the Blues beat the Stars too :)

I love these Penguins. The way they are playing in the last 2 and a half months, i knew they will be tough to beat. Right now i dont see anyone being able to beat them in a best of 7 series. Great team, great chemistry, great goalie, who needs the flower? Not the Pens!

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
With no Canadian teams, playoff is unwatchable.
Thats not the case at all. This years playoffs have been one of the most intense in the last decade. Great matchups and boy i have seen so many exciting and physically and technically great games on the highest level this year that i cant compare it to any other playoffs in the recent years. Blues, Sharks, Stars, Penguins, Caps, ..and even teams like Rangers and Hawks that are already eliminated played fantastic hockey before they got knocked out.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Have to say Caps and Pens series was very close so far. Already two games went to OT. It could go either way though.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
We are getting closer to Blues vs. Pens finals as the Blues beat the Stars too :)

I love these Penguins. The way they are playing in the last 2 and a half months, i knew they will be tough to beat. Right now i dont see anyone being able to beat them in a best of 7 series. Great team, great chemistry, great goalie, who needs the flower? Not the Pens!
Hmm not sure they can match against a team like Sharks. I guess if they beat Caps they will beat Bolts also and advance to final.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Have to say Caps and Pens series was very close so far. Already two games went to OT. It could go either way though.

We are talking about the Caps, one of the finest teams with the most wins during the regular season. Its not like the Pens are playing some baboons. I have watched all the Pens games in the playoffs and every single win by them was fully deserved, yes the Caps are putting up a good fight but the Pens deserved to win every single game against them, even in those close matches, the Pens always had a slight edge when it came to grit and poise. This years playoffs were really fantastic so far though and i dont count out anyone, not even the Bolts, they are a great team and i expect a great series regardless of who reaches the next round.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Yesterday (game 4) was all Capitals specially 2nd and third periods. It's all over now. Pens will go all the way to final.