NHL Playoff 2016

Feb 4, 2005
hahaha, dude i watched some of Sharks games before even playoff starts, i knew this team is for real and half series against Kings i was convinced they will go all the way this time.
Yes I remember our messenger chat that you told me SJS are reL deals this year.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Pens wiiiiiiiin...i have never seen something like this before, the most intensive, fastest and exciting game that i have ever seen. 2-1 Pens and they will meet the Sharks in the finals. What a match up, go Pens.

Nov 24, 2002
Fcuk it, damn, i missed the game 7, i thought is tomorrow :( Good for Pens, will be one hell of final, sorry China jan but Sharks in 6 :)

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
I am watching hockey for 30 years but this years playoffs...man, whenever i thought i have seen the best game ever, they always came up with a better one....this last game between Bolts and Pens was unbelievable...i have no words for it, the atmosphere, the intensity and the speed of the game were off the charts. Until the last 5 seconds you never knew whats gonna happen next. I am so happy that i have recorded every single Pens game in the playoff. I have now about 75 GB of games in HD quality.

Pens in 6

Nov 24, 2002
My only concern is because Sharks played two physical series against LA and STL, they can be out of gas for final, hope not.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
My only concern is because Sharks played two physical series against LA and STL, they can be out of gas for final, hope not.
Well now this is no excuse. No Sharks series has been more physical than any of the Pens series. At this point both teams are banged up, both teams have lose substance against very good teams, Pens have lost their best defender Trevor Daley due to a broken leg...if anyone is out of gas, its both, if anyone has lost substance or players to injuries, it affects both. No excuses for anyone. Let that great series begin already :)

Nov 24, 2002
Well now this is no excuse. No Sharks series has been more physical than any of the Pens series. At this point both teams are banged up, both teams have lose substance against very good teams, Pens have lost their best defender Trevor Daley due to a broken leg...if anyone is out of gas, its both, if anyone has lost substance or players to injuries, it affects both. No excuses for anyone. Let that great series begin already :)
You can't even compare level of physical hockey in west compare to east, Pens played against 3 teams base on speedy style of hockey, sure playoff is physical but Caps, Rags and Bolts size and style of hockey is no where close to like Kings and STL.

Nov 24, 2002
You pretty much need elite goaltending to succeed. Its more like just because the goalies are Rookies, it doesnt mean they cant be elite or play on elite level :)
Jones is not an elite goalie, if Murray become one or not time will tell us. If you look at last 10 years Stanley Cup winners goalies only Quick can be tagged as real elite goalie and consistent. That is why in new NHL and salary cap and in some new discussions regarding this issue, there are talks there is no point to throw lots of money to goalie while you can have it for Franchise center or elite D. For sure you need a decent goaltending to go far, any decent goalie can get hot.
Goalie is a weird position, takes time to develop and when it does they usually don't have same consistency as other positions. That is why teams usually don't waste their first round pick over a goalie unless they see something special in someone

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Jones is not an elite goalie, if Murray become one or not time will tell us. If you look at last 10 years Stanley Cup winners goalies only Quick can be tagged as real elite goalie and consistent. That is why in new NHL and salary cap and in some new discussions regarding this issue, there are talks there is no point to throw lots of money to goalie while you can have it for Franchise center or elite D. For sure you need a decent goaltending to go far, any decent goalie can get hot.
Goalie is a weird position, takes time to develop and when it does they usually don't have same consistency as other positions. That is why teams usually don't waste their first round pick over a goalie unless they see something special in someone
As i said, even if you generally dont belong to the elite, you atleast have to play on elite level when it counts most and this is what Jones aswell as Murray did so far. They played on elite level, otherwise no hockey team can reach the final. Jones must have been exceptional during the playoffs for the Sharks to make the finals. If Sullivan didnt make that mistake to pull Murray in favor of Fleury, the Pens would have won the series even sooner. Goalie is probably the most important part of a hockey game, you can dominate as much as you want, but when your goalie lets in soft goal after soft goal, you are not going anywhere.

Nov 24, 2002
As i said, even if you generally dont belong to the elite, you atleast have to play on elite level when it counts most and this is what Jones aswell as Murray did so far. They played on elite level, otherwise no hockey team can reach the final. Jones must have been exceptional during the playoffs for the Sharks to make the finals. If Sullivan didnt make that mistake to pull Murray in favor of Fleury, the Pens would have won the series even sooner. Goalie is probably the most important part of a hockey game, you can dominate as much as you want, but when your goalie lets in soft goal after soft goal, you are not going anywhere.

Jones was doing ok, nothing extraordinary. As i said before Sharks is a complete structured team with decent coaching, everyone play well in team system. Jones allowed some softies as well but made some key saves in key moments also. Sharks would probably stand where they are with any above average goalie though. Even Reimer..

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
You can't even compare level of physical hockey in west compare to east, Pens played against 3 teams base on speedy style of hockey, sure playoff is physical but Caps, Rags and Bolts size and style of hockey is no where close to like Kings and STL.
This is all the kind of generalization that i dont want to be part of. Caps were a heck of a team, big, strong, fast, physical with outstanding players throughout all their lines. They could have won a best of seven against anyone else. So the Pens have faced all kind of teams up to this point and the good thing about best of seven is, no one can ever take away credit from anyone because whoever reaches this point facing so many good teams and beating them in a best of seven series, is an excellent team no matter if west or east. Everything will be set back to zero and both have to rip themselves up to win the finals. At this point, no one can underestimate the other based on anything as it will end up costing them the cup. The sharks as example were busy thinking about how to slow down the speed of the Pens while the Pens will have to worry about the overall great physical approach of the sharks. Lets see which style comes up victorious in this great battle.

Nov 24, 2002
I bet you no eastern team could/can match western big guns like SJS or STL. Just look at level of competition, Hawks, LA, Ducks, SJS, STL, Stars and and..

West hockey>> East hockey

Just look at last 10 winners of cups, 8 are from west(assuming Detroit was in west). Last 4 all western teams

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
baba maa kojaa shomaa haa kojaa ke bekhaad dastemoon be ham berese ;)

Lets bet on a signature change for 3 months. Who ever loses, has to accept whatever signature line the other guys desire. Pens in 6