Wrestling Free Style World Cup Los Angeles 2016 [R]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I am watching the match on FOOTY nice job in the first match, well technically the 2nd, since the Indian guy didn't show up for the first one. USA will be the real test tomorrow. So far we are up 1-0 in the 3rd match v India.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Iran won 8-0. USA next tomorrow.
That was the most one sided wrestling matches I have ever seen. It was almost as if the best College Wrestling team in the nation, Iowa, is going up against a high school team. Iran being Iowa and India being the high school team. Azerbaijan was a test we won that one 5-3 but USA will be the real test tomorrow. They are always our toughest competition. In the other group, Russia should have no problems going through. Our group is the Group of Death. USA, Azerbaijan and Iran, only India sucks.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
That was the most one sided wrestling matches I have ever seen. It was almost as if the best College Wrestling team in the nation, Iowa, is going up against a high school team. Iran being Iowa and India being the high school team.
Indeed homie, that was very good reflection and darn good observation over the wrestling habits and culture in US. Most of the wrestler coming from the midmost of US, from west (Wyoming/Colorado) further to the east (N.Y./WC).
It's almost the same way in Iran, most of the wrestler coming from the north part of Iran from west to east part of the great nation, I say most of them, but wrestling history and culture is more prevalent over the whole Iranian nation!

I did not like the Iranian wrestlers display vs Azerbaijani fellas, I dont understand what that was due to, Intensive fat/weight loss to prepare for the Olympic games or kind of effect of the jet lag phenomena over the long-distance transmeridian trip to US?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Indeed homie, that was very good reflection and darn good observation over the wrestling habits and culture in US. Most of the wrestler coming from the midmost of US, from west (Wyoming/Colorado) further to the east (N.Y./WC).
It's almost the same way in Iran, most of the wrestler coming from the north part of Iran from west to east part of the great nation, I say most of them, but wrestling history and culture is more prevalent over the whole Iranian nation!

I did not like the Iranian wrestlers display vs Azerbaijani fellas, I dont understand what that was due to, Intensive fat/weight loss to prepare for the Olympic games or kind of effect of the jet lag phenomena over the long-distance transmeridian trip to US?
That is right you see all the wrestlers coming from Juibar(spelling) this village, not Tehran and for Americans it is mainly Iowa and the mid west. it is not LA, New York, Chicago. It is in the farms and corn fields of Iowa where you will find the strong Americans and same with Iran. I am POSITIVE it is the same thing with the Ruskies, the good wrestler is probably not going to be from Moscova or Leningrad, he is going to be from some village in the middle of nowhere, where life is tougher and they get hardened. That is why those Iowa and Juibar boys are so dam good, they did not have it easy and that is where the best wrestlers come from. It is seldom the big city.

Oh and WHAT A HELL OF A GAME. First of all GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP by team USA and the black dude. When he won at the end of the match, and the Iranian wrestler was tired, homie picked him up! That is what I am talking about baby! There is a mutual respect between the two teams. Jordan Burroughs is well respected in Iran and he said, "Iran is the toughest team but they are clean, in my tenure we never beat them but they shake your hand win or lose." What a compliment from a tripple OG like Burroughs. We do not respect too many people from America but I am glad we respect Burroughs. Oh he did not compete because he had his kid, congrats on being a daddy Jordan! Team Iran is not the biggest winner today, Burroughs is and he did not even play haha!
Oh and the Azeri dude WHAT A WIN, what a steal, the dude he beat was an OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST IN LONDON and I thought it was O-V-E-R. This just goes to show never give up, when things look down, that is when you see which team wlll be resilient and rise up. Also, don't forget we were still jet lagged, that plays a factor, we were not that bad today but we felt it in the Iran Azerbaijan game. Azerbaijan should not get 3 wins against us, despite the fact that they are a top 10 team. Oh btw the Azeri dude is a ginger and the American looked more like Hispanic standing next to him haha, and he is white haha. We snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat. Once again Azeri homie comes in and saves the day :)

Now it is Iran vs Russia, they are good but Iran should win prepare to lose my Ruskie comrades SlAVADANYA.....NIET! haha

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
4-1 Iran leading vs Russia so far in final, Yazdani is quite amazing wrestling. He managed to beat World champion in 2014, 14-4(Zarbeh Fanni)

Nov 24, 2002
Iran won last weight and overall 5-3, we could still win it at 4-4 because of having more points and one Zarb-e-Fanni