fiba qualifying tournament 2016

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Thanks for reminding us..

Iran will lose by at least 30 points against Greece.

we are just not good enough to qualify.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Thanks for reminding us..

Iran will lose by at least 30 points against Greece.

We are years behind European and American teams ... we are just not good enough to qualify.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Love to see Arslan back and obviously he is fit for fight!
He can match the best of them, he had a very nice slam dunk @min. 0:17

[video=youtube;VzIhQDt5NoA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzIhQDt5NoA[/video]

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Meh, they are so so, they used to have a few NBA guys but right now Mexico is a few ranks under us. They #19 and we are #17 in the FIBA rankings.
thanx for your reply, so if we beat them we would play Croatia or Italy in the semi..

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
thanx for your reply, so if we beat them we would play Croatia or Italy in the semi..
I hope we get Italy personally if we get Mex because Croatia is #12 in the world and right now that is kind of low for them. Croatia had some killer teams back in teh day but there is always talent in that country and athleticism/height. Italy is #35 and not so great right now, I would MUCH rather play Italy than Croatia. Hell, I would rather play Italy than Mexico as well. We should have our hands ful wth Mex though it won't be an easy game but can we win, absolutely but the line should be MAYBE Iran by like a point or two.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
@my sweet homie TM
You know homie you shouldn't allow yourself being fooled by those rank-digits, the rank belongs to the time the TeamMelli had that short 5, 11" powerful point guard sunny (dono his name, he could harvest Coast To Coast as a monster) and do not forget that those hombres de la manos could go very harsh on you at the match court!

@Hoshmand
Overall, I can't see any possibility for this team to advance from the group, they should have won the asian games. That was the only chance they had to qualify for Olympic!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@my sweet homie TM
You know homie you shouldn't allow yourself being fooled by those rank-digits, the rank belongs to the time the TeamMelli had that short 5, 11" powerful point guard sunny (dono his name, he could harvest Coast To Coast as a monster) and do not forget that those hombres de la manos could go very harsh on you at the match court!

@Hoshmand
Overall, I can't see any possibility for this team to advance from the group, they should have won the asian games. That was the only chance they had to qualify for Olympic!
True but I can say the same thing for Mexico, their ranking was obtained when they had a couple of NBA guys on their roster. BTW is Hamid Hadadi still on the squad? He had a short stint with Memphis as well and was a solid big man, maybe not NBA material but definitely pro basketball in Europe material. I will be honest with you, I haven't kept up with Team Meli Basketball in a few years so I do not know who we have or who is good. I will say this much, we seem to do better in basketball than futbol, maybe we are more natural at basketball than futbol, just saying. We have been at futbol for quite some time and we are barely in the top 40, at least in basketball we are top 20.

Oct 18, 2010
the kids had a terrible start and were behind 4-17 until the last 3 minutes
of the 1st but had a good run and it's now 14-17 at the end of 1st.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Without that fast point guard Team Melli will not get anywhere!
sec. quarter over 26-36
Arsalan is injured, he is out!

Hombres de la manos doing some retarded drop upfront, they could have lead huge and kill the game by now!

Oct 18, 2010
iran is behind 26-36 at the end of the 2nd qaurter.
they can beat mexico but they have got to cut down
on their turnovers.the team is just too young now.

Oct 18, 2010
the kids are hanging in there.it's now 47-48 with 2 minutes to go
in the 3rd.they can win this if they not turn the ball over too much.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
hombres de la manos going very harsh forward, spot on foul out at the last quarter!

#8 Team Melli, that cooler-boy with an amazing 3-pointers cast and got the foul too!
The home-boyz back now, and hombres soon committed too many jacks, that will punish em at the 4:th quarter!

47 - 53 now, the game hangs in a balance!
Come on boyz!

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Ohhh baby, that kid-cooler boy #8, wot a 3-pointer after 3-pointers!
Arslan is just great, happy the injury was not so serious!
Dam, Boyz just never gave it up, but they could not hold it together vs. hombres de la manos!

Over 70-75, tough loss for Team Melli

Oct 18, 2010
iran lost 70-75 but they game was a lot closer and the point spread
is due to garbage points at the end.iran was leading by 4 points with
3 minutes to go but got conservative and paid the price.they also missed
a lot of free throws.the players are just too young and novice at this level
and need a couple of more years to grow.the german coach had set his
goals for the next world cup in china.that sounds like a good plan.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
iran lost 70-75 but they game was a lot closer and the point spread
is due to garbage points at the end.iran was leading by 4 points with
3 minutes to go but got conservative and paid the price.they also missed
a lot of free throws.the players are just too young and novice at this level
and need a couple of more years to grow.the german coach had set his
goals for the next world cup in china.that sounds like a good plan.
Where can you watch the games online? What a shame and I HATE, when coaches do this, it is the equivilient to anti football but it is anti basketball. They got the lead and I knew Iran were behind in the bame but they they decided to play milk the clock. This reminds me of Portland vs Lakers, I was there in Game 7, Great Wester Forum(last time a big game was played there). The Lakers were down by 16 pts and Robert Horry drains a 3 to cut it to 13. Portland was really aggressive then their coach molks it, Portland loses and Lakers go on to become a dynasty. I don't see something that extreme happening in this case but Iran let one slip. They have the stuff to beat Mexico BUT when you play not to win, you usually lose.