Is Pogba highly overrated?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This is not to say he is not an excellent player.

and he is quite young, I am sure he can get better.

HE really did not look good in this Euro. He can make things happen when the ball is flowing.

But he ain't a guy that can force things to happen.

I certainly can't justify +100 Euro Move for him.

he didn't have a good tournament but you can only judge if he plays the same role as in juve. He was way away from the goal . I have not seen Many Juve games but in a few i did he was behind strikers and very close to the Box ... Not sure why DD took him one notch behind. He is not as fast as Coman if he had the Coman's speed then he would be perfect.

Coman is my favorite french player at this moment.. he is welcome to the bernabeu at any time

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I kind of Felt like in this French team he was supposed to act like a taller version of Marsel Desailey.
all be it he was playing a bit higher up the field. but I just never saw him succeed once in a one on one play to dribble the guy blocking him.

He one good header and of course on defense he is a presence in the air.

Nov 29, 2002
France has a lot of talent. Deschamps used Pogba so poorly in this game.

completely different pogba to what we see in juventus and I think deschamps' tactics will be reviewed very closely. Whereas portugal's coach was a masterclass.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
he didn't have a good tournament but you can only judge if he plays the same role as in juve. He was way away from the goal . I have not seen Many Juve games but in a few i did he was behind strikers and very close to the Box ... Not sure why DD took him one notch behind. He is not as fast as Coman if he had the Coman's speed then he would be perfect.

Coman is my favorite french player at this moment.. he is welcome to the bernabeu at any time
True and look at what Bayern Munchen did instead. They got Hummels for 10 million a year and paid a 30,000,000 for Sanches. I have nothing against the kid but Pogba is not worth that but hell you can't blame him for taking the cash. At this point it does not even matter if he did not do anything special in the UEFA Cup, he is going to get paid.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Eight goals and 12 assists for a 23 years old, you guys need to watch more football!
If Bale cost 100 million, Pogba should cost 200 million, Pogba is a player with many abilities. He was playing out of position in France and he could not express what he can do, he was a waste of talent in the French squad, he should have played behind the box, not behind the half way line, horrible. In the last four years, he has grown to be a magnificent player at Juve and his last season performance is what people should judge him on, not a seven games tournament where he played out of position. If he was in Conte's team, he would have conquered the cup.

3..2...1....is Pogba a douche too? :)
What did I tel you ? He is worth 300 million [emoji1] only bc he played in a one horse race league ... if he was playing in other league he was worth horse shit .... [emoji1]

Find one negative thing about italian football from this guy then i give a prize .

So funny that not even one single palyer were picked by the fan or the techical panel .

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
What did I tel you ? He is worth 300 million [emoji1] only bc he played in a one horse race league ... if he was playing in other league he was worth horse shit .... [emoji1]

Not like he hasn't proved himself against other European teams, and had the whole English media drooling over him after his game agianst man City! I don't even know why you are speaking on this regard because you just said you havn't watch juve playing that much. As the matter of fact it was in this single horse race league that Juve came back in one of the greatest comeback in Italian history mostly due to Pogba to win their fifth consequetive titles, it wasn't anything easy, but what do you know? You are too busy listening to Iker love phone calls to Xavi :)

Not like he hasn't proved himself against other European teams, and had the whole English media drooling over him after his game agianst man City! I don't even know why you are speaking on this regard because you just said you havn't watch juve playing that much. As the matter of fact it was in this single horse race league that Juve came back in one of the greatest comeback in Italian history mostly due to Pogba to win their fifth consequetive titles, it wasn't anything easy, but what do you know? You are too busy listening to Iker love phone calls to Xavi :)
Your view and opinion toward italian team , players and coaches are so biased and shallow that are not worth to reply. Once you said bevause of buffon , now you say because of pogba , who's next ? Zaza ?? Bale made an arse out of inter and the whole world started drooling , so what ? Was he worth 100 million ? Fuck no. Actually no players worth 100 million . Not even CR and Messi

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Your view and opinion toward italian team , players and coaches are so biased and shallow that are not worth to reply. Once you said bevause of buffon , now you say because of pogba , who's next ? Zaza ?? Bale made an arse out of inter and the whole world started drooling , so what ? Was he worth 100 million ? Fuck no. Actually no players worth 100 million . Not even CR and Messi

And again you are not biased? you are the one who was swearing Casillas is better than Buffon and called me bias because I was arguing with you, you called me biased because I said Ranieri is not such a bad coach, you called me biased because I was saying Ancelotti is much better than Benitez, maybe you need to stop and look at yourself first!
I said because of Buffon what? be clear with you claims and don't throw puke out, Pogba was by far the most important Juve player last season, what does this have to do with Buffon? I don't know? You are probably one the members with more bias than most people, someone who is biased toward Madrid and Spain so please, boro kenar bezar baad biad!
And if you get what I said, I said the same thing, I said if bale worth 100million which he is not! Pogba should worth 200 million, Pogba is what every team have a dream of having, Bale is just another superstar.
You want to argue, then argue with your opinions and facts, not by garbage argument that I'm biased while you are also biased.

Last edited:
And again you are not biased? you are the one who was swearing Casillas is better than Buffon and called me bias because I was arguing with you, you called me biased because I said Ranieri is not such a bad coach, you called me biased because I was saying Ancelotti is much better than Benitez, maybe you need to stop and look at yourself first!
I said because of Buffon what? be clear with you claims and don't throw puke out, Pogba was by far the most important Juve player last season, what does this have to do with Buffon? I don't know? You are probably one the members with more bias than most people, someone who is biased toward Madrid and Spain so please, boro kenar bezar baad biad!
And if you get what I said, I said the same thing, I said if bale worth 100million which he is not! Pogba should worth 200 million, Pogba is what every team have a dream of having, Bale is just another superstar.
You want to argue, then argue with your opinions and facts, not by garbage argument that I'm biased while you are also biased.
There is a different between Being a die hard fan and being biased. Neither you nor I are spanish or Italian. Comparing players is not a problem eventhou I think players are not comperable but labling them as saint and untouchable are stupid . Few days ago I told you iker was the mole and he desrved what he got and you called me a name .yeah I am biased lool... but do you confess to juve dosgusting match fixing scandle ( aka calciopoli ) ???

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
There is a different between Being a die hard fan and being biased. Neither you nor I are spanish or Italian. Comparing players is not a problem eventhou I think players are not comperable but labling them as saint and untouchable are stupid . Few days ago I told you iker was the mole and he desrved what he got and you called me a name .yeah I am biased lool... but do you confess to juve dosgusting match fixing scandle ( aka calciopoli ) ???

First of all, I don't think Iker did anything wrong and don't believe he should have been treated like that. and what exactly did I call you!You call yourself a die hard fan but you are biased and it is hard to hide it, because Casillas did criticize Madrid about the way Madrid players acted against Barca, so many fans didn't like it, including you. From the neutral point of view, Casillas doesn't deserve that treatment and Madrid fans are Namak Nashnas.
About the scandals, I suggest you study the case before embarrassing yourself, I have talked about it many times, Juve was in fault of some wrong doings but there were not any hard evidence for match fixing. Juve was in fault of wrongdoing as much as the rest of the league especially Inter Milan, however, Juve only got punished for it based on no hard evidence, in fact in Moggi trial, more wrongdoings were exposed by Moratti and Inter but never were relegated to Serie B and never got stripped from the fake scudetto which they have snatched from Juve. What I say is based on documents and evidence, so how can I be Biased, these are well-known controversies in Italy. I have also criticized Ibra many times during his spell at Juve, so what!? does this make you unbiased?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I am not going to comment about Pogba, because honestly i dont watch a lot of Serie A , so i can not really judge him.
Is he better than Bale? CR? Messi? no idea

BUT , one thing you both need to understand, a player VALUE is NOT DIRECTLY linked to his ability to play. ALOT of this comes from his marketability and how much the club can make from him. Do you guys remember when Real got Beckham? everyone said stupid price tag, yet Real made that money in the FIRST year from Jersey sale. I personally think CR Value should be higher than Messi, (even though for me at least Messi is clearly a better player), why ? because CR marketability is AMAZING. Everyone know him, but if not as much know Messi. Most Messi fans are people who actually like and watch football, but you see teenage girls in China having CR poster etc.

Now to Pogba, personally I dont think he is as marketable as CR , so his value should NOT be what it is , having said that, i am not sure about his skills, judging by EURO ONLY, It didnt impress me, but then again you cant judge a player by 7 games.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I am not going to comment about Pogba, because honestly i dont watch a lot of Serie A , so i can not really judge him.
Is he better than Bale? CR? Messi? no idea

BUT , one thing you both need to understand, a player VALUE is NOT DIRECTLY linked to his ability to play. ALOT of this comes from his marketability and how much the club can make from him. Do you guys remember when Real got Beckham? everyone said stupid price tag, yet Real made that money in the FIRST year from Jersey sale. I personally think CR Value should be higher than Messi, (even though for me at least Messi is clearly a better player), why ? because CR marketability is AMAZING. Everyone know him, but if not as much know Messi. Most Messi fans are people who actually like and watch football, but you see teenage girls in China having CR poster etc.

Now to Pogba, personally I dont think he is as marketable as CR , so his value should NOT be what it is , having said that, i am not sure about his skills, judging by EURO ONLY, It didnt impress me, but then again you cant judge a player by 7 games.
That is very true! And also depends on his agent which he is one big snake!
In the more serious note, it is very early to judge Pogba, he is only 23 years old and has a majority of his career ahead of him. He already took part of two major European finals, even though losing them and being unimpressive in another one, they still were important experiences for a player of his age. He still has a lot of room to grow and I believe if he stays in Juve he will become the best midfielder in the world, he has the athleticism, he is strong, has impressive shots, can pull some amazing crosses and through balls, knows how to kick FKs, has a lot of individual skills, strong in the air, can pass the ball, can keep the ball, in simple word, he has everything that you need from a midfielder. He didn't play his natural position in France and he was too deep to be able to show what he is made of, he is not Pirlo nor Schweinsteiger and can not play that deep since he is also not very good when the ball is dispossessed. Overall, it is not fair to judge such a great talent based on one tournament, there were many other French players who didn't perform, Pogba and Grrizzmann are getting the worse ones!