iran national ice hockey team

Nov 24, 2002
Good to hear that, they probably need to invite few Iranians who born and raised and play in countries like Canada, Sweden and have no chance to have pro career in these countries. That is the only way i see they might be able to build a half decent team, otherwise it will be really a long term project.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Good to hear that, they probably need to invite few Iranians who born and raised and play in countries like Canada, Sweden and have no chance to have pro career in these countries. That is the only way i see they might be able to build a half decent team, otherwise it will be really a long term project.
You are right about that but this is going to take some time and I just hope we become RESPECTABLE. I do not expect Iran to beat Canada or even Russia anytime soon but first it starts with developing overseas talent. This IS a long term project though, make no mistake about it, even IF we manage to get Iranians from Canada, Sweden etc. We are very new at this sport and I can only imagine there are not too many resources in Iran, for hockey players. It is interesting to see the progress we make over the years, it is like we are starting from ground zero. I DID NOT EVEN KNOW WE HAD A NATIONAL HOCKEY TEAM make AS WELL.

Oct 1, 2004

The coach and staff are actually very active and seem to be good guys who are doing this only out of love for the sport. They've had a few open invitation tryouts and tried contacting even half or 1/4 Iranians, but many either don't care or are scared to play for TM.

Nov 24, 2002
The coach and staff are actually very active and seem to be good guys who are doing this only out of love for the sport. They've had a few open invitation tryouts and tried contacting even half or 1/4 Iranians, but many either don't care or are scared to play for TM.
Well that probably ruin any chance for the guy to even play in some half decent competitive league :)