Next MMA/UFC heavy fighter in the pipeline.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
He has been banned for life and stripped of his world Greco-Roman heavyweight title for doping, he obviously switched over to MMA/UFC and he is doing good now! This morning he defeats Hyung Chul Lee via KO/TKO at 0:14 of Round 1 in Thailand.

One of his recently preparatory training fight in thailand vs a rusky dude.... lol... davai.... davai rusky n!gga cries the arena reporter in his louzy speaker. :)

man this fella Amir Aliakbari has a heavy right swing, damn!

[video=youtube;lUoNYr5Z3aI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUoNYr5Z3aI[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry but as a guy who likes to train clean, I have ZERO respect for anyone who cheats and uses PED's. Even in my gym that I used to go to in LA, I would say 1/3 of the people were doping. Where is the honor martial arts or anything like that is big on honor. Someone who cheats, in order to get a competitive edge, has no honor. I am surprised the UFC even allowed him to compete I am sure they are going to test him all the time but steroids give a huge advantage not with just strength but healing and other things as well. I am sorry to say this but I hope he is unsuccessful and does not become the next heavyweight champ. The UFC is also cracking down on the drug testing hard so he better not act a fool with Dana White or bye bye to his career. This is like his last chance, unless he wants to go to the WWE lol.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Sorry but as a guy who likes to train clean, I have ZERO respect for anyone who cheats and uses PED's. Even in my gym that I used to go to in LA, I would say 1/3 of the people were doping. Where is the honor martial arts or anything like that is big on honor. Someone who cheats, in order to get a competitive edge, has no honor. I am surprised the UFC even allowed him to compete I am sure they are going to test him all the time but steroids give a huge advantage not with just strength but healing and other things as well. I am sorry to say this but I hope he is unsuccessful and does not become the next heavyweight champ. The UFC is also cracking down on the drug testing hard so he better not act a fool with Dana White or bye bye to his career. This is like his last chance, unless he wants to go to the WWE lol.
my hombro.... you alright, I am all against meta enhancing substances. Let see if this fella can handle the pressure in his new career!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
my hombro.... you alright, I am all against meta enhancing substances. Let see if this fella can handle the pressure in his new career!
I guarantee you when John Bones Jones get's reinstated, if he goes up to the heavyweight division(and he should) dude will destroy anyone. If anything I will be watching him and every other fighter I like to take notes. I guess we see eye to eye PED's should have no place in martial arts or athletics there is no honor in cheating. If this guy stays clean though he can make a good living, without even ever lifting the heavyweight title. That is the one beauty of the UFC, it is all about getting sponsors. Well I guess only time will tell if he will be successful in the UFC but that is the big boy league. Perhaps he should have started in Bellator, think of Bellator like English or German 2nd division in soccer. Prove yourself there then go UFC and fight the big dogs.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I guarantee you when John Bones Jones get's reinstated, if he goes up to the heavyweight division(and he should) dude will destroy anyone. If anything I will be watching him and every other fighter I like to take notes. I guess we see eye to eye PED's should have no place in martial arts or athletics there is no honor in cheating. If this guy stays clean though he can make a good living, without even ever lifting the heavyweight title. That is the one beauty of the UFC, it is all about getting sponsors. Well I guess only time will tell if he will be successful in the UFC but that is the big boy league. Perhaps he should have started in Bellator, think of Bellator like English or German 2nd division in soccer. Prove yourself there then go UFC and fight the big dogs.
man, I'm not sure about that... we'r talkin about "fatten up" over 60lb for that fella..... 60lb, do you realize that?
I mean Jon Jones is not a phato-boy, he is great and tuned as light heavyweight, imho that could kill him, I would not allow him to ruin his career stepping up to heavyweight clashes, no chance.

Anyway I hope Aliakbari and his team "AKA Thailand" working on his technique and force him to be more speedy, he needs that... HE IS PURE RAW POWER, that n!gga!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
man, I'm not sure about that... we'r talkin about "fatten up" over 60lb for that fella..... 60lb, do you realize that?
I mean Jon Jones is not a phato-boy, he is great and tuned as light heavyweight, imho that could kill him, I would not allow him to ruin his career stepping up to heavyweight clashes, no chance.

Anyway I hope Aliakbari and his team "AKA Thailand" working on his technique and force him to be more speedy, he needs that... HE IS PURE RAW POWER, that n!gga!
I am not so sure about that my man. I just looked at the requirements. I don't know how much JBJ weighs but he is in the Light Heavyweight division right now 185-205. The Heavyweight division is 205-265. I think he only needs to tack on a few pounds of muscle but you are right the dude is chizzled I don't know if he can gain the weight. For sure 60 pounds is a killer to gain. I cut 50 pounds myself to 175 to 225 and it dam near killed me. I can't imagine how hard it would be to gain 60 pounds of muscle. If that is the case then he should stay in LHW but I think he is not too far off.

As for Aliakbari now the nigga needs to work on his technique as you mentioned because when you go "off the juice" you lose strength and power. You can't just out strength your opponent like in Greco Roman Wrestling it is a different world. MMA requires a combination of a good ground game(He should have that coming from a wrestling background) and it should be complimented with a good striking attack. If he can do that, the guy has a shot.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Nice, we have an Iranian heavyweight in the UFC! I haven't watched any of his fights but dude looks stacked. The American has almost a 20 pound weight advantage and he is an inch taller but the Iranian is nine years younger. IT should be a good and fair fight. BTW I do not know who Heath Herring is and I am an avid MMA/boxing anything martial arts fan so best of luck to you homie! I always encourage my Irani and Ruski comrades to take up MMA or martial arts. I like to call it Martial Science as well. It is a good hobby, you stay healthy and you can defend yourself, just in case, without using a weapon and killing someone. MMA or Martial Arts/Martial Science is a beautiful thing to me, like a physical chess game, when you think about it. It is not just all brawn, the biggest fighter does not always win. It is not about the size of the dog that counts, it is the size of the dog's heart that counts.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Amir's next fight is at 01:00 AM ET, that will be late at 12:00 PM (new years day) at my time versus som Ukrainsky fella name; Moldavsky. A younger fighter, shorter and much thinner. The outcome is uncertain, however Amiri should manage that bloke fairly and relatively easy.

RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2016: Final Round
In the final console there will Mirko Filipović (I am pretty sure he's the winner of his semi final vs some lithuanian fat-boy) waiting.

Fella comrade I am telling you, that croatian Mirko Filipović is some heavy fella, a bit old now of course he is 42 years old, still a heavy thicko.
I am not sure bout' the outcome there, but lets hope Amir goes all the way!

Anyway, here we have Sergey Badyuk "Ráússia" and his Gym-Bag, check out that sweet piece in the box at the end of this clip.

[video=youtube;HjUwUH2zUKk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjUwUH2zUKk[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Wait a minute I thought Amir was going to fight the American Hearing he is fighting some Ukranian guy? What happened to the American fighter? Is there anyway we can live stream the fight by any chance or do we have to pay for the fight? Here is hoping our guy goes all the way comrade. BTW I am worried a little bit Ukranians are good strikers, hell look at the Vitali & Wladimir Klitschko. Anyways, here is hoping our guy goes all the way my comrade Iran all the way go get em Amir!

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
There you see distinction between the experience and a rookie, and I warned for this outcome.
Amir was damn reckless, and his coaches suck big time. You may not plan such a fight in this way.
Mirko Filipović is the legend, roughness, strength and loads and loads of experience.

Amir got a real nice lesson there, well he's next best thats OK for a rookie, come back next year fella and keep up training!

"Do not train hot, train clever, be clever and remember...fights are not the meaning of your entire life, you have a long life after your last fight"

[video=youtube;oTQRqyQtM8s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQRqyQtM8s[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
There you see distinction between the experience and a rookie, and I warned for this outcome.
Amir was damn reckless, and his coaches suck big time. You may not plan such a fight in this way.
Mirko Filipović is the legend, roughness, strength and loads and loads of experience.

Amir got a real nice lesson there, well he's next best thats OK for a rookie, come back next year fella and keep up training!

"Do not train hot, train clever, be clever and remember...fights are not the meaning of your entire life, you have a long life after your last fight"
To be fair, Mirko Cro Cop is an experienced fighter and during his prime, he was one of the great ones. I think our guy needs to ditch his trainers in Iran and go oversease, to Europe or even the orient. Experienced veterans like Cro Cop are going to destroy Amir, like he did. I am not surprised and yes I notice Iranian fighters are wrekless and go full speed. I am not at their level but when I fight, I like to feel the opponent out in the first round. I might only throw a couple of punches and leg kicks here and there, just to pepper them. Once I discover their weakness, be it grappling or striking, I will expose them. However, I was trained in the USA so I had good people training me how to approach a fight, LIKE A CHESS MATCH. Iranian fighters do not have that yet, they need to develop it and that is why I say he needs to go to Europe, or Asia. USA might be a bit tough, I am sure you agree with my assessment. I wish him the best of luck but that is a tough business to crack into. You are right at one point your health and life are more important than a paycheck. You are always one key punch, kick or lock away from something very bad happening to you. Thx for the clip of the fight.

That fight reminded me of this fight.
Mirko = Tyson
Amir = Peter McNeeley
[video=youtube;Oww5zb0XvHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oww5zb0XvHg&t=48s[/video]

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
To be fair, Iranian fighters do not have that yet, they need to develop it!
aint dat right my nigga, dats wot o'm sayin!

Amir is a nice fella out of northern part of fatherland, the place most of wrestler coming from, ay?
He must adapt to the way of being a "I LOVE MYSELF" fighter.
Fuck dat fucking way of thinking of being the hero of the people... blabla.., thats all about the psyche, no bloody fucker can stop him, period!

My beloved homie believe me, he needs to grow up and thats what I would like to see many other Iranians do, just fucking grow up and learn to respect!

Peace..

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
aint dat right my nigga, dats wot o'm sayin!

Amir is a nice fella out of northern part of fatherland, the place most of wrestler coming from, ay?
He must adapt to the way of being a "I LOVE MYSELF" fighter.
Fuck dat fucking way of thinking of being the hero of the people... blabla.., thats all about the psyche, no bloody fucker can stop him, period!

My beloved homie believe me, he needs to grow up and thats what I would like to see many other Iranians do, just fucking grow up and learn to respect!

Peace..
I know the northern part of Iran very well, I think I still have family in Tabriz but most are in Tehran, Rus and elsewhere(ie USA and Eur). He has a Greco Roman background, that is good BUT that is only 1/2 of the game. You saw what a good striker, Mirko Cro Cop, can do to a good grappler, keep them at bay. Amir needs to develop his striking game more. I would like to see more boxing and MT or even Krav Maga(great well rounded art but Israeli art btw will take that next I doubt they will accept that). I agree with you Amir needs to fight for himself and also his family, forget about being the hero for the Fatherland. It is not about that it is about the fighter reaching his goals. If it comes, then by default, you win for the fatherland. I want to see Iran invest money in martial arts and build good facilities. I think it would be GREAT FOR OUR KIDS.

Martial Arts gives you discipline, honor and the ability to defend oneself. I would like to see him continue develop his skills, this is a good learning experience. I can't even count the number of times I tapped out in a competition but those tap outs made me a better fighter. We have a saying in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, "In order to get your black belt, you need to tap out AT LEAST 1,000 TIMES. Each tap out is a learning experience, you learn what NOT to do. Best of luck to the lad in the future! One day, when there is a new government and it is safe, I would love, in my latter years to be an MMA coach for Iran be it BJJ or whatever. I would love to work with the youth of Iran and bring my American experience to the table. Maybe one day homie, maybe one day!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Here is one thing I bet you did not know about Mirko Cro Cop Cro Cop's close friend Michael B(I know his last name starts with a B I believe) recently died so his thoughts were with him. Our dude had no shot, he was most likely fighting in memory of his fallen friend. Amir had no chance, game over.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Here is one thing I bet you did not know about Mirko Cro Cop Cro Cop's close friend Michael B
My sweet Bro, NO....NO.... that ain't no right!

He cried because he knew he could get injured really bad meeting that well trained Amir and he cried because he was fucking happy he got away so easily that old fella (by the way the 1:th place money was good too, $350K). I am telling you he did!
Amir going to wipe the dust pretty easy with all of these nuts next year, mark my words!

However I love these Croatian fellas, they are easy going comrades and fighters, they have a lot of fun having parties.
LOL @ min. 1:07 not answering when comrade Putin calling.... :12:
LOL @ min. 2:38 wife calling.......... :)

[video=youtube;QffmKwpDjxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QffmKwpDjxU[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think he was fighting with a heavy heart, his boy http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-kevin-randleman-passes-away-at-44-former-ufc-heavyweight-champion-021116 He was a two time all American at Ohio State and won two championships in 92-93 and he was a finalist in 91. He actually came to fame after beating Cro Cop in an upset but he had some personal problems, got popped for PED's and had a DUI. I think the Nevada Athletic Boxing Committee revoked his boxing license. He was a genuine nice guy that everyone loved. BTW ya those Croatian or Baltic comardes are usually very chill and easy going, cool guys to party with. The problem with Amir as you pointed out was his age, he is just too old, He should have done this when he was 22. Transitioning from grappling to striking or vice versa is the toughest thing to do, you need to do that at an early age.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
To be fair, Mirko Cro Cop is an experienced fighter and during his prime, he was one of the great ones. I think our guy needs to ditch his trainers in Iran and go oversease, to Europe or even the orient. Experienced veterans like Cro Cop are going to destroy Amir, like he did. I am not surprised and yes I notice Iranian fighters are wrekless and go full speed. I am not at their level but when I fight, I like to feel the opponent out in the first round. I might only throw a couple of punches and leg kicks here and there, just to pepper them. Once I discover their weakness, be it grappling or striking, I will expose them. However, I was trained in the USA so I had good people training me how to approach a fight, LIKE A CHESS MATCH. Iranian fighters do not have that yet, they need to develop it and that is why I say he needs to go to Europe, or Asia. USA might be a bit tough, I am sure you agree with my assessment. I wish him the best of luck but that is a tough business to crack into. You are right at one point your health and life are more important than a paycheck. You are always one key punch, kick or lock away from something very bad happening to you. Thx for the clip of the fight.

That fight reminded me of this fight.
Mirko = Tyson
Amir = Peter McNeeley
[video=youtube;Oww5zb0XvHg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oww5zb0XvHg&t=48s[/video]
I just seen his fight in the final and I partly agree with your comments , he missed having a good strategy and he lacks boxing experience ,although he looked dominating and was intimidating his opponent ,his opponent was more experienced and with great timing he find the gap in Amir's attack and decked him with a great punch .

What I don't agree is your assumption that all Iranian fighters are like that .

This boxing part of the game is new to him ,he was a world class wrestler and trained in that ,never been worried about being punched during his wrestling career and is not been conditioned for that as there was no need to , now in this new game he needs to learn the boxing game and tactics on how to move and avoid being punched .

But In my opinion he really is a handful and can go a long way once he learn how to defend better against punches and kicks , I saw him throw some really powerful right hands ,any of them landed could have been devastating, with a bit more experience on how to set his opponent up before throwing that big right hand and avoid getting hit on counters he can go a long way ,better coaches as you said and boxing smarter for sure.

Anybody get caught by him grappling will have a very hard time surviving.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I just seen his fight in the final and I partly agree with your comments , he missed having a good strategy and he lacks boxing experience ,although he looked dominating and was intimidating his opponent ,his opponent was more experienced and with great timing he find the gap in Amir's attack and decked him with a great punch .

What I don't agree is your assumption that all Iranian fighters are like that .

This boxing part of the game is new to him ,he was a world class wrestler and trained in that ,never been worried about being punched during his wrestling career and is not been conditioned for that as there was no need to , now in this new game he needs to learn the boxing game and tactics on how to move and avoid being punched .

But In my opinion he really is a handful and can go a long way once he learn how to defend better against punches and kicks , I saw him throw some really powerful right hands ,any of them landed could have been devastating, with a bit more experience on how to set his opponent up before throwing that big right hand and avoid getting hit on counters he can go a long way ,better coaches as you said and boxing smarter for sure. The other plan is take Iranians with a striking background,

Anybody get caught by him grappling will have a very hard time surviving.
Ok maybe the word all Iranian fighters was a bit harsh but what I was trying to say is this is a general characterization of Iranian MMA fighters. They usually have a great grappling game and he has a good greco roman wrestling game but they struggle in striking. It is not their fault, we need to have more Mauy Thai studios and bring good coaches from Thailand or kickboxing is also good.

I agree with your assessment that he was fighting someone with more experience. Also, here is something you guys do not know. Mirko Cro Cop had EXTRA MOTIVATION because his good friend died. I think he can be a handful but the only problem is his age. The guy is not a young lad and one of the TOUGHEST THINGS IN MMA is to learn striking, when you are a grappler or vice versa. If you want to make that switch, you need to do it when you are like 22. You know what mate if there ever is a regime change in Iran, I would LOVE to be a striking coach because I have striking experience. If you were born and raised in the west, you learn striking and you have great facilities. That is the ting that needs to change in Iran, the TALENT IS THERE but we NEED THE FACILITIES. Just my take mate. I do not know about him but what we should do is look at some young Iranian wrestlers. We should train them and send them to Thailand to learn how to strike or Europe because there are tons of MT studios there, like in Holland and elsewhere. Or the other plan is take young Iranians with a Karate or TKD background and teach them grappling. That would probably be more ideal for now.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
He's on the road again, he seems eased a bit into the lightweight, less more fluffy!
God bless, fighting a wrestler... :), thats tough!

[video=youtube;VT0x9zfJdgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT0x9zfJdgQ[/video]