Free Style & Greco-Roman Wrestling World Cup 2017, Kermanshah & Abadan, Iran

Nov 24, 2002
Yes but Iran also dominated the previous world championsips, I believe back to back. We only screwed up in the last Olympics. We sill did all right but not by Iran standards. This is still a good tune up for the Olympics, along with the wrestling championships. I am sure there will be one before the next Olympics all the teams will be fighting for 2nd.
I don't know what you mean by domination, we had only 1 gold since 2014 in World Championships in both FS and GR categories, yes we won few medals here and there and in 2014 we finished high in standing but the fact that a country like Iran has only one gold medal in both categories in two years of wrestling is not that great if you ask me.

I care less about team standing, as even when you don't win medals you are still getting points, like 4th place has 7 points, 5th has 6 points, etc..

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know what you mean by domination, we had only 1 gold since 2014 in World Championships in both FS and GR categories, yes we won few medals here and there and in 2014 we finished high in standing but the fact that a country like Iran has only one gold medal in both categories in two years of wrestling is not that great if you ask me.

I care less about team standing, as even when you don't win medals you are still getting points, like 4th place has 7 points, 5th has 6 points, etc..
Well for the last few years we slipped up a bit BUT we have the potential. We finished 2nd in free style wreestling in the 2015 World Championships, next to Russia. I have a feeling that Iran is going to bounce back and redeem itself in the Olympics. I mentioned that Brazil was not good but Iran is still one of the best teams. Just btw why do you not care about team standings? I understand if you do not win medals you still get points but I've always been a team vs an individual guy, It is nice if the individual wins the gold medal for his country but it is even nicer when the team wins 1st place in the competition. Well, Iran has some work to do and I am not going to draw any conclusions based on this tournament because it is not even a major tourney.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Baba pedar jaan if you arent into koshti then just dont participate aziz jan. Jiu Jutsu chiye akhe?!! Baba the IR like khore always sends its daaro nadaar to this rather irrelevant tournement while the russians as example have sent their 3rd team. As Babr said, what counts are real world cups and olympics and there we have rather been mediocre. Hamin Rahimi ro too olympic ye japoni khoshk khoshk tartibesho daad.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
How come "world championship" was held in Iran?! Were women competing there too? Which country won for the women?

Nov 24, 2002
Baba pedar jaan if you arent into koshti then just dont participate aziz jan. Jiu Jutsu chiye akhe?!! Baba the IR like khore always sends its daaro nadaar to this rather irrelevant tournement while the russians as example have sent their 3rd team. As Babr said, what counts are real world cups and olympics and there we have rather been mediocre. Hamin Rahimi ro too olympic ye japoni khoshk khoshk tartibesho daad.
Well U.S also came full squad, but Azerbaijan and specially Russia usually don't and then they send a very competitive team for world champs and Olympics.

Nov 24, 2002
How come "world championship" was held in Iran?! Were women competing there too? Which country won for the women?
This wasn't World Championship, it is World Cup, and if you mean if Iran ever hosted World Championships, the answer is Yes, in 3 occasions if i am not wrong and of course women weren't competing :)

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Baba jan I was trying to say that both Jiu Jitsu and Koshti use the same concepts of leverage and similar concepts with their some of the locks. Also, I have some background in wrestling, just not going to tournaments and competitions, like in Jiu Jitsu. . In real world cups and Olympics, Iran does well, it was just Brazil we screwed up. @Babr you are right the USA and Iran sent their A team but Russ and Azer sent their B or C team.
@Sly jan yes Iran hosted one of the world championships and women did not wrestle lol
@Chinaski-check this article out Home » Miscellaneous » Submission Grappling vs. Classical Ju-jutsu; when cultures and concepts collide
Submission Grappling vs. Classical Ju-jutsu; when cultures and concepts collide. Here is where you will learn about the similarities and differences of the two. You can also intertwine Wrestling with Jiu Jitsu, many MMA fighters who are good grapples execute this perfectly.
http://www.grapplearts.com/submissi...-ju-jutsu-when-cultures-and-concepts-collide/
SIMILARITIES of Jiu Jitsu and Wrestling Both arts recognize the importance and efficiency of ground-fighting. Both arts employ chokes, armlocks, leglocks and other submission holds to defeat opponents.
DIFFERENCES
1-differences in strategy,
2-differences in techniques,
3-differences in training methods.

Chinaski jan I am willing to be that I have more fight experience than most people here and I know the sport of Koshti and other arts ie boxing, mma very well. You can combine jiu jitsu and wrestling, MMA fighters do it all the time. When I watch a Wrestling competition, boxing match or MMA fight, I am looking at the match differently. I am not looking for just an entertaining fight, I am looking their footwork and how improve on form and technique. Anyways, I will participate in any conversations regarding wrestling, boxing, mma or anything fighting related because I know something about it. This is a rather irrelevant tournament so I will hold my judgement on how well we do at the next Wrestling World Cup and the next Summer Olympics. Those are the two major tournaments, this is minor I know that. You are a funny guy mate and I like what you have to say on wrestling but I know a thing or two about this sport my friend. BTW I think the Ancient Iranians wrestled or did koshti way before the Greeks. I was in the Luvre and saw this pin on the Persia section. It was from the Susa dynasty some 4800 years ago. You see two guys one guy has his arm around his opponents neck, the other guy is holding his opponents leg, mimicking a wrestling move. Once again, the dam Greeks write everything down so they get the credit.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Baba jan I was trying to say that both Jiu Jitsu and Koshti use the same concepts of leverage and similar concepts with their some of the locks. Also, I have some background in wrestling, just not going to tournaments and competitions, like in Jiu Jitsu. . In real world cups and Olympics, Iran does well, it was just Brazil we screwed up. @Babr you are right the USA and Iran sent their A team but Russ and Azer sent their B or C team.
@Sly jan yes Iran hosted one of the world championships and women did not wrestle lol
@Chinaski-check this article out Home » Miscellaneous » Submission Grappling vs. Classical Ju-jutsu; when cultures and concepts collide
Submission Grappling vs. Classical Ju-jutsu; when cultures and concepts collide. Here is where you will learn about the similarities and differences of the two. You can also intertwine Wrestling with Jiu Jitsu, many MMA fighters who are good grapples execute this perfectly.
http://www.grapplearts.com/submissi...-ju-jutsu-when-cultures-and-concepts-collide/
SIMILARITIES of Jiu Jitsu and Wrestling Both arts recognize the importance and efficiency of ground-fighting. Both arts employ chokes, armlocks, leglocks and other submission holds to defeat opponents.
DIFFERENCES
1-differences in strategy,
2-differences in techniques,
3-differences in training methods.

Chinaski jan I am willing to be that I have more fight experience than most people here and I know the sport of Koshti and other arts ie boxing, mma very well. You can combine jiu jitsu and wrestling, MMA fighters do it all the time. When I watch a Wrestling competition, boxing match or MMA fight, I am looking at the match differently. I am not looking for just an entertaining fight, I am looking their footwork and how improve on form and technique. Anyways, I will participate in any conversations regarding wrestling, boxing, mma or anything fighting related because I know something about it. This is a rather irrelevant tournament so I will hold my judgement on how well we do at the next Wrestling World Cup and the next Summer Olympics. Those are the two major tournaments, this is minor I know that. You are a funny guy mate and I like what you have to say on wrestling but I know a thing or two about this sport my friend. BTW I think the Ancient Iranians wrestled or did koshti way before the Greeks. I was in the Luvre and saw this pin on the Persia section. It was from the Susa dynasty some 4800 years ago. You see two guys one guy has his arm around his opponents neck, the other guy is holding his opponents leg, mimicking a wrestling move. Once again, the dam Greeks write everything down so they get the credit.
All fighting arts reach a same summit , hence the footwork looks similar in wrestling ,boxing ,karate ,taekwondo ,jujustsu etc .

you only got two legs and almost always your opponent is directly facing you, there are only a few ways you can adopt your footwork in the most beneficial way to suit your needs how to distribute your weight on both legs.

CCCP was the dominant country in wrestling but there were a handful of Iranian champions who never lost to any Soviet wrestlers , all due to their own genius and ability as we always lack behind in terms of facilities ,management preparation which the Soviets and other leading nations enjoyed .

we are a nation of natural athletes and can be good in any sport potentially ,what we suffer from is lack of management ,preparations and facilities.

Wrestling is in our genes .

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
All fighting arts reach a same summit , hence the footwork looks similar in wrestling ,boxing ,karate ,taekwondo ,jujustsu etc .

you only got two legs and almost always your opponent is directly facing you, there are only a few ways you can adopt your footwork in the most beneficial way to suit your needs how to distribute your weight on both legs.

CCCP was the dominant country in wrestling but there were a handful of Iranian champions who never lost to any Soviet wrestlers , all due to their own genius and ability as we always lack behind in terms of facilities ,management preparation which the Soviets and other leading nations enjoyed .

we are a nation of natural athletes and can be good in any sport potentially ,what we suffer from is lack of management ,preparations and facilities.

Wrestling is in our genes .
I agree with every thing that you said, except for the footwork in boxing, jiu jitsu, karate, wrestling mauy thai taekwondo are the same.Now lets breakdown the arts, I have a little bit of experience in the arts you mentioned and added Mauy Thai so I can compare and contrast. To the untrained eye, the footwork is similar between say boxing and Mauy Thai or other arts right? WRONG. Each martial art has it's own unique footwork and the main difference is foot placement. In boxing you are more in like a v formation and you are on your toes of course. In Mauy Thai because we use knees and elbows your dominant foot goes back and your weak or check foot goes in first. You want to check the leg kick with your weak leg and throw your leg kicks with your strong leg.Even your hands are placed differently in boxing v MT. IN boxing they are more traditional, when you put up your dukes. In MT, you have one elbow bent and above your head because you need to protect your head from elbows or leg kicks being thrown. In my case it is weird because in punching my right is stronger than the left but with my left foot is stronger than my right. That means I fight a bit unorthadox in Mauy Thai and that throws people off I will have my lead foot or check foot as the right and my left foot will be back. Use anything to your advantage in tournaments/competition. Utilize your strengths and minimalism your weaknesses. As for your opponent it is the opposite, make him utilize his weaknesses and take away his strengths. Now these principals do not change be it BJJ, JUDO, boxing, Wrestling, Mauy Thai, TkD, Karate, Kung Fu whatever. The footwork however does change.

That is just one difference now lets look at TKD/Karate vs BJJ. Why in most UFC fights do you tihnk it is easy for the BJJ practitioner to take down the Karate/TKD guy? It is because their footwork is ore of a wide stance picture a ruler or a straight line going through it. If you are a karate or tkd guy, you are tailor made for me, all I have to do is football tackle you to the ground and it becomes a jiu jitsu match, advantage ME. I will tell you that the footwork with BJJ and Judo is probably the most similar. BJJ is just an extension of Judo.

I remember how the CCCP dominated back in the day. of course when I was a kid, I was born in 82. By the time I was the CCCP fell, I was just eight years old but I would watch all of the old wrestling clips. The CCCP had that excellent program, money and resources. Plus lets be honest I can bet you money that over 1/2 of the CCCP athletes were doped up. That was common in the Iron Curtain or the Eastern Block countries. Remember Heidi Kreiger, a shot putter from DDR? Well today she goes by the name of Andres Kreiger because the DDR doctors pumped her up with so many steroids. They told her that it was a multivitamin pill. Anyways when the DDR fell and Germany was unified, many East German doctors were held responsible and served prison time, rightfully so. Kreiger was not to only athlete they did that to.

Back to the breakdown lets compare Iran v Russia vs USA here is how I see it or countries like them
Russia-Good program, good facilities, good training good athletes, overall just good, even as Russia and not CCCP. Some say they cheat but hey Grozny right by any means necessary. I think that the cheating went down in the CCCP and recently with the Olympics but I bet you the Russian wrestler is scared to take a shit, without asking permission from the doctor first. They are probalby watching Russia like an effing Hawk so the chances of them doping now are SLIM to NONE. Here is the difference between the Americans and the Russians, when they decide to cheat. When the Russians cheat, they CHEAT, I mean go big or go home, the entire team is doped up. Hell I think they were like this close to being entirely banned form the summer Olympics. When the American cheats, it is usually individual, for example Marion Jones and Justin Gatlin. The Americans are just a bit smarter about it or the Russians just do not give a dam eff it Grozny comrades. Oh and do not tell me this is all western propaganda because it was well documented. Just google Heidi Kreiger Here is how I see Iran USA and Russia
Russia-Good athletes, resources, coaching, govt support and facilities
USA-Pretty much same as Russia except more money and better facilities and govt support.
Iran-Relies on gerayat and and athleticism. Well we sure as hell cannot rely on coaching, resources, facilities and government support. We know that is out the effing window.
Seems like back in the day, we did well in the lower weigh divisions and some individual Iranians dominated but not so much in the HW division. In fact, the first Iranian HW I remember was in 94 Olympics Atlanta, I was 12 and Jadidi got gobbed by Kurt Angle(what a shocker I know). BTW Jadidi was fighhting wile injured. O

We have come a long way since those days. I will make a prediction, I think Iran is going to bounce back and have a good summer Olympics. I HOPE that we place first in the team standings but I can bet the house that we will at least finish in the top 3. This will be a bounce back Olympics. I don't know what in the hell happened to them in Brazil, maybe they switched them with different athletes and put on Iran wrestling jerseys on them. Maybe it is because the level of competition at the Olympics is more important than some silly tourney so teams will bring in their A squad. Here are my early favorites to get 1st place.

Now doping or not, from the 1950s-180s, until the fall of the Berlin Wall in 89, nobody dominated for a longer stretch than the CCCP, three decades of domination, that will never be duplicated again The reason why it will never be duplicated again is for starters that kick ass program they had is gone. Back in the day, the Soviet Championships were more competitive than the Olympics. Now that we covered all of the aspects of footwork and different forms of martial arts, broke down the three best teams (Iran, Russia and USA in alphabetical order) I will make a prediction for the next Olympics. I do not know if Iran will get overall team first but they have as good of a shot as any other team. They will not finish lower than a top 3 team ranking. Now I do not know the final standings but it will look something like this. I just gave them all the same ranking because is is really tough to separate those three.
Future Olympic Standings,
1-Iran
1-Russia
1-USA

Those three are the cream of the crop. Everyone says Azer I say bah they are in the same category as say Turkey, HIT AND MISS. They could do well in one toruney and then they will follow it with a dud in the next so there is no consistency. Anyways this is how I see it breaking down and speaking of Azer I have them as my 4th or honorable mention. I do not care where in the hell you were born or from what region, if you are Iranian then wrestling is in your Iranian Y DNA, it is now called the K DNA aka Koshti DNA.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I agree with every thing that you said, except for the footwork in boxing, jiu jitsu, karate, wrestling mauy thai taekwondo are the same.Now lets breakdown the arts, I have a little bit of experience in the arts you mentioned and added Mauy Thai so I can compare and contrast. To the untrained eye, the footwork is similar between say boxing and Mauy Thai or other arts right? WRONG. Each martial art has it's own unique footwork and the main difference is foot placement. In boxing you are more in like a v formation and you are on your toes of course. In Mauy Thai because we use knees and elbows your dominant foot goes back and your weak or check foot goes in first. You want to check the leg kick with your weak leg and throw your leg kicks with your strong leg.Even your hands are placed differently in boxing v MT. IN boxing they are more traditional, when you put up your dukes. In MT, you have one elbow bent and above your head because you need to protect your head from elbows or leg kicks being thrown. In my case it is weird because in punching my right is stronger than the left but with my left foot is stronger than my right. That means I fight a bit unorthadox in Mauy Thai and that throws people off I will have my lead foot or check foot as the right and my left foot will be back. Use anything to your advantage in tournaments/competition. Utilize your strengths and minimalism your weaknesses. As for your opponent it is the opposite, make him utilize his weaknesses and take away his strengths. Now these principals do not change be it BJJ, JUDO, boxing, Wrestling, Mauy Thai, TkD, Karate, Kung Fu whatever. The footwork however does change.

That is just one difference now lets look at TKD/Karate vs BJJ. Why in most UFC fights do you tihnk it is easy for the BJJ practitioner to take down the Karate/TKD guy? It is because their footwork is ore of a wide stance picture a ruler or a straight line going through it. If you are a karate or tkd guy, you are tailor made for me, all I have to do is football tackle you to the ground and it becomes a jiu jitsu match, advantage ME. I will tell you that the footwork with BJJ and Judo is probably the most similar. BJJ is just an extension of Judo.

I remember how the CCCP dominated back in the day. of course when I was a kid, I was born in 82. By the time I was the CCCP fell, I was just eight years old but I would watch all of the old wrestling clips. The CCCP had that excellent program, money and resources. Plus lets be honest I can bet you money that over 1/2 of the CCCP athletes were doped up. That was common in the Iron Curtain or the Eastern Block countries. Remember Heidi Kreiger, a shot putter from DDR? Well today she goes by the name of Andres Kreiger because the DDR doctors pumped her up with so many steroids. They told her that it was a multivitamin pill. Anyways when the DDR fell and Germany was unified, many East German doctors were held responsible and served prison time, rightfully so. Kreiger was not to only athlete they did that to.

Back to the breakdown lets compare Iran v Russia vs USA here is how I see it or countries like them
Russia-Good program, good facilities, good training good athletes, overall just good, even as Russia and not CCCP. Some say they cheat but hey Grozny right by any means necessary. I think that the cheating went down in the CCCP and recently with the Olympics but I bet you the Russian wrestler is scared to take a shit, without asking permission from the doctor first. They are probalby watching Russia like an effing Hawk so the chances of them doping now are SLIM to NONE. Here is the difference between the Americans and the Russians, when they decide to cheat. When the Russians cheat, they CHEAT, I mean go big or go home, the entire team is doped up. Hell I think they were like this close to being entirely banned form the summer Olympics. When the American cheats, it is usually individual, for example Marion Jones and Justin Gatlin. The Americans are just a bit smarter about it or the Russians just do not give a dam eff it Grozny comrades. Oh and do not tell me this is all western propaganda because it was well documented. Just google Heidi Kreiger Here is how I see Iran USA and Russia
Russia-Good athletes, resources, coaching, govt support and facilities
USA-Pretty much same as Russia except more money and better facilities and govt support.
Iran-Relies on gerayat and and athleticism. Well we sure as hell cannot rely on coaching, resources, facilities and government support. We know that is out the effing window.
Seems like back in the day, we did well in the lower weigh divisions and some individual Iranians dominated but not so much in the HW division. In fact, the first Iranian HW I remember was in 94 Olympics Atlanta, I was 12 and Jadidi got gobbed by Kurt Angle(what a shocker I know). BTW Jadidi was fighhting wile injured. O

We have come a long way since those days. I will make a prediction, I think Iran is going to bounce back and have a good summer Olympics. I HOPE that we place first in the team standings but I can bet the house that we will at least finish in the top 3. This will be a bounce back Olympics. I don't know what in the hell happened to them in Brazil, maybe they switched them with different athletes and put on Iran wrestling jerseys on them. Maybe it is because the level of competition at the Olympics is more important than some silly tourney so teams will bring in their A squad. Here are my early favorites to get 1st place.

Now doping or not, from the 1950s-180s, until the fall of the Berlin Wall in 89, nobody dominated for a longer stretch than the CCCP, three decades of domination, that will never be duplicated again The reason why it will never be duplicated again is for starters that kick ass program they had is gone. Back in the day, the Soviet Championships were more competitive than the Olympics. Now that we covered all of the aspects of footwork and different forms of martial arts, broke down the three best teams (Iran, Russia and USA in alphabetical order) I will make a prediction for the next Olympics. I do not know if Iran will get overall team first but they have as good of a shot as any other team. They will not finish lower than a top 3 team ranking. Now I do not know the final standings but it will look something like this. I just gave them all the same ranking because is is really tough to separate those three.
Future Olympic Standings,
1-Iran
1-Russia
1-USA

Those three are the cream of the crop. Everyone says Azer I say bah they are in the same category as say Turkey, HIT AND MISS. They could do well in one toruney and then they will follow it with a dud in the next so there is no consistency. Anyways this is how I see it breaking down and speaking of Azer I have them as my 4th or honorable mention. I do not care where in the hell you were born or from what region, if you are Iranian then wrestling is in your Iranian Y DNA, it is now called the K DNA aka Koshti DNA.
I said they are similar not the same , of course as a wrestler you adopt the stance suited for what you are doing to a kicker , by reaching the same summit meaning the principal of movement to gain advantage and putting your opponent in a disadvantage is the same ,from the outside they look different depending on what type of fighting you are doing but from inside they are the same chore .

Regarding UFC and your comment on BJJ against karate or taekwondo ,it is really down to the individual merit and ability and not the style of fighting , an expert karateka will pick the less able BJJ fighter with a kick or a knee kick before he can reach him to take him down and vice versa applies if the BJJ guy is a better fighter .

It is not the style of fighting it is the fighter himself and his coaching and pedigree .

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I said they are similar not the same , of course as a wrestler you adopt the stance suited for what you are doing to a kicker , by reaching the same summit meaning the principal of movement to gain advantage and putting your opponent in a disadvantage is the same ,from the outside they look different depending on what type of fighting you are doing but from inside they are the same chore .

Regarding UFC and your comment on BJJ against karate or taekwondo ,it is really down to the individual merit and ability and not the style of fighting , an expert
karateka will pick the less able BJJ fighter with a kick or a knee kick before he can reach him to take him down and vice versa applies if the BJJ guy is a better fighter .

It is not the style of fighting it is the fighter himself and his coaching and pedigree .
I believe in the past, I made some similar remarks and I like to give this saying, "It is not the style of the art that matters rather, it is the skill of a fighter." Well I would like to add a few things that you mentioned, coaching adn pedigre but I was trying to keep it simple. That is absolutely true, talent helps but coaching and pedigree is the cherry on top. I have seen it, all it means when you are a black belt is you studied BJJ for eight years, big dam deal. A good BJJ practitioner SHOULD be able to tap someone out TWO belt classes higher. In my case as a begining purple, I should be able to tap out a 1st degree black belt, from time to time. We had a saying in the military, you can put a USMC uniform on a pu$$y but a pu$$y is still going to be a pu$$y. it is not only the size of the fighters heart, just like in mathematics, there is usually more than one variable at play.

I would sometimes watch style fights and one caught my eye because it was a MT pro fighter vs a highly skilled TKD 3rd deg black belt. It was pretty much a draw. Also, here is something I learned, just because you have a black belt in BJJ, does not mean necessarily you are going to beat me. tThat depends on several variable factors, your skill set, amount of practice time you put in, size, athleticism etc. I always say a GOOD BJJ artist SHOULD be able to, from time to time, beat someone two belts higher than them. For example, if I am a middle rank and a purple belt, I SHOULD be able to beat a black belt every now and then. Here are some tips I recommend for anyone starting ANY art. Now there is always a LIMIT am I going to beat a Gracie trained pro MMMA fighter? Hell no because anything I know, that dude knows ten times more. I think you get where I am going with this it could be another art, they could be a skilled karate grand master and kick my as$.
Here are some tings I had to learn the hard way. If anyone is interested in martial arts or perhaps you have a kid that wants to participate, please do me a favor and read this. MARTIAL ARTS ADVICE- Does not mater what art.

1-Always grapple or strike against someone who is bigger and better than you but not overwhelmingly better because that does you no good. You want to be good enough where you can hang but they win and every time you grapple, you learn something. What good does it do you if you beat up on an unathletic scrub who never put on a pair of gluvs or martial arts gii in their life? For example if you are a good FIFA player and smash a rookie 20-0 how good will you fell about that W? Lets say someone is better than you but you can hang and you lose 4-3, in the last seconds of the game. Despite the fact that you lost, one feels better about themselves.
3-Partner/Friend. It is always better if you can go with a partner/friend, that way the two of you can practice what you learned in class, so the movements will become fluid.
4-In BJJ they say you need to tap out 1,000 times before you get your black belt and a black belt is just a white belt who never gave up. No matter what the hell you want to take BJJ, Krav Maga, MT, Karate whatever do not beat yourself up in the beginning and quit. I will be honest, it will humble you because people who are smaller will put tips on you. I like to get a NOTEPAD and after class spend 5-10 min writing down the main moves. Usually you learn a few a class so it does not take that long I would not take down that long. I actually stole soemthing from the miltiary the US Army 3 up 3 down method, lessons learned, one goes over three things they did well, followed by three things they did poorly.If anyone is interested in studying a martial art OR perhaps your KIDS are interested, please pass this along. I wish someone would have given me a few pointers, it certainly helps.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This wasn't World Championship, it is World Cup, and if you mean if Iran ever hosted World Championships, the answer is Yes, in 3 occasions if i am not wrong and of course women weren't competing :)
So you're telling me in the world cup or world championship, men were competing in Iran while women in another country? How is that possible? Unless the time for men and women competitions are different, I don't see how UWW has accepted this.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
So you're telling me in the world cup or world championship, men were competing in Iran while women in another country? How is that possible? Unless the time for men and women competitions are different, I don't see how UWW has accepted this.
I think they have separate times for the women's tournaments and you are right UWW would never accept same time, conflict of schedule.

Nov 24, 2002
Yes Ali jan, i think so, i guess the women competition was somewhere else, it wasn't in Iran for sure lol

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Yes, March 16th & 17th.
Thank you and for that I will be in LA on the 16-17th but I can bring my computer and live stream the competition at my moms house. I look forward to this one and THIS will be a major tourney and the big boys will bring their A team. The World Cup is the biggest thing next to the Olympics so it will be a good test for Iran. Since the tourney is in Abadan, Iran SHOULD have home crowd advantage. Anything less than first place will be a disappointment.