Iranian TV series, Movies

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
thanks for the info.
i ll quit my job and return my mortgage go on welfare just to watch Seven times loving over and over again.
good news.
prosperity to baluchestan with smiles IR team will bring by losing to Zaire only with one goal in injury time.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I just found out about this movie. It is called Khoresht Aloo (Chicken with Plum) directed by Marjane Satrapi. It is in about a love story in Iran 1958 and no politics. It is in French with english subtitles. It was filmed in Berlin and they tried to make it look like old Iran etc...

[video=youtube;sx7q7EwdbB0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx7q7EwdbB0[/video]

Nov 24, 2002
I am watching on and off Divar be Divar series with Pejman Jamshidi and Amir Mehdi Jouleh..... Wife like it, i am not the biggest fan, there are episodes which are good, there are episodes which are really Terekmoun.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
LOOOL Gashte Ershad 2 is awesome , just watch from Min 16.20 ... the guy doing a monody using Shadmehr Aghili's song
Never found Iranian comedies funny. A few chuckles during Marmoolak and Max has been just about it. We don't have any good comedians or comedy producers. I hear people saying Modiri is funny but I find him boring. I watched a few minutes of gasht ershad and changed the channel.

Never found Iranian comedies funny. A few chuckles during Marmoolak and Max has been just about it. We don't have any good comedians or comedy producers. I hear people saying Modiri is funny but I find him boring. I watched a few minutes of gasht ershad and changed the channel.
Making comedy is not easy by knowing the fact it goes through intense monitoring and filtering before being aired. They cant say anything and everything. You have to be careful with religious stuff , national , torks , kurds , etc... I am not degending the likes of modiri or others but you have to accept what jimmy kimmel says is different than what modiri does

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

How mature!

It's a movie thread. Your proposed movie was pure kos-sher and a waste of time in my opinion Mr. Thread Gestapo!

loooool simmer down dude , that's not what I meant , I mean if you don't like any types of flicks or series made in Iran , so why torture yourself over it by watching them ... I know you're gonna rise :4: ...

Me ? Gestapo ?
:puffpuff:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Making comedy is not easy by knowing the fact it goes through intense monitoring and filtering before being aired. They cant say anything and everything. You have to be careful with religious stuff , national , torks , kurds , etc... I am not degending the likes of modiri or others but you have to accept what jimmy kimmel says is different than what modiri does

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
How come during the Shah we didn't have any good comedies? Back then there was no restrictions like today. Also in the West Iranians aren't killing it either. Maz Jobrani is the best we can come up with? All he has is repetitive BS that is not funny at all.