Legionnaires thread 2017-18, News, Updates, Live Reports

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Lets have this thread for Legionnaires updates for this season, so far we have 17 players in Europe, plus Pouraliganji in Al-Saad and Soroush Rafiei in Al-Khor of Qatar and Khalde Shafiei in FC Seoul Korea.

Europe:
Goal Keepers:

1) Alireza Haghighi(Eskilstuna,Sweden)
2 )Sosha Makani(
Strømsgodset. Norway)
3)Amir Abedzadeh(Maritimo, Portugal)
4)Daniel Davari(MSV Duisburg, Germany)

Defenders:
5 )Milad Mohammadi(Grozny, Russia)
6) Ramin Rezaeian(
KV Oostende,Belgium)

Midfielders:

7) Alireza Jahanbakhsh(AZ Alkmaar, Netherlands)
8) Saeid Ezzatollahi(Akmar, Russia)
9) Reza Shekari(Rubin Kazan, Russia)
10) Masoud Shojaei(Panionios, Greece)
11) Ehsan Hajsafi(Panionios, Greece)
12)Payam Sadeghian(Osmalinspor, Turkey)

Forwards:

13)Karim Ansarifard(Olympiacos, Greece)
14)Sardar Azmoun(Rubin Kazan, Russia)
15) Reza Ghoochannejhad(
Heerenveen, Netherlands)
16)Kaveh Rezaei(Charleroi, Belgium)
17)Saman Ghoddos(Ostersunds FK, Sweden)

Qatar:

Defender: Morteza Pouralganji(Al-Saad)
Midfielder: Soroush Rafiei(Al-Khor)

South Korea:

Defender: Khaled Shafiei(FC Seoul)

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Both kaveh and Ramin played for their clubs in preseason matches, Ramin played in both matches vs Steaua Bucharest(2-0 win)and Vitesse(1-1) and Kaveh played the first half vs Shakhtar Donetsk(2-0 win)

Also in other preseason match Karim scored for Olympiacos in a 6-0 win

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
According to turkish media, Turkish Besiktas are winning the race to sign the iranian Turkman Azmoun.
The "iranian turkman" striker who has followed the Turkman coah Berdyev every where, may break this turkish connection, for another Turkish adventure.
With only 1 season to the World cup, Sardar has refused Kazan (No euro match) and Lazio (Euro League), in order to sign for Besiktas (Champions league).
Sardar price is 11 mill euros. Besiktas will offer Rostov (2 benched players + 3,5 mill Euro) for Azmoun.
Only thing remaining is the despute between Rostov and Kazan and the russian football federation over Azmouns contract. This matter should be solved within few days, so Sardar can speak turkish again... I mean play for Besiktas.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Here is my 2 cent.

Despite Lazio "only" playing Euro League, Italian league woud be a giant leap for Azmoun. If he did well, bigger italian clubs would get him right after world cup.
But Besiktas? Yes they will play Champions League, but I think Turkish liga is "The end station" of old footballers, and not a "jumping board" for young players, to better destinations.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
According to turkish media, Turkish Besiktas are winning the race to sign the iranian Turkman Azmoun.
The "iranian turkman" striker who has followed the Turkman coah Berdyev every where, may break this turkish connection, for another Turkish adventure.
With only 1 season to the World cup, Sardar has refused Kazan (No euro match) and Lazio (Euro League), in order to sign for Besiktas (Champions league).
Sardar price is 11 mill euros. Besiktas will offer Rostov (2 benched players + 3,5 mill Euro) for Azmoun.
Only thing remaining is the despute between Rostov and Kazan and the russian football federation over Azmouns contract. This matter should be solved within few days, so Sardar can speak turkish again... I mean play for Besiktas.
This indeed can be an upgrade compare to Kazan and Rostov, Beskitas won the league last year and did pretty well in CL, they usually play with one striker, they had Vincent Aboubakar(Cameroon main striker in Confed Cup) on loan from Porto last year who did pretty well for Besiktas and he is back to Porto, so they are most likely try to replace him.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Here is my 2 cent.

Despite Lazio "only" playing Euro League, Italian league woud be a giant leap for Azmoun. If he did well, bigger italian clubs would get him right after world cup.
But Besiktas? Yes they will play Champions League, but I think Turkish liga is "The end station" of old footballers, and not a "jumping board" for young players, to better destinations.
Plus Tukrs are worse than Arabs, couple of bad performance and he will probably never see the action again.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
This indeed can be an upgrade compare to Kazan and Rostov, Beskitas won the league last year and did pretty well in CL, they usually play with one striker, they had Vincent Aboubakar(Cameroon main striker in Confed Cup) on loan from Porto last year who did pretty well for Besiktas and he is back to Porto, so they are most likely try to replace him.
Plus Tukrs are worse than Arabs, couple of bad performance and he will probably never see the action again.
100 % agree Besiktas is an upgrade compare to Kazan and Rostov, but not in million years if Besiktas is better than Lazio. I guess the turkish language is decisive for Sardar.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
100 % agree Besiktas is an upgrade compare to Kazan and Rostov, but not in million years if Besiktas is better than Lazio. I guess the turkish language is decisive for Sardar.
Well their Turkish is not even very close to what our Turks and Turkmans talk, but yes it can be a factor.