Legionnaires thread 2017-18, News, Updates, Live Reports

Nov 24, 2002
Panionios beat the Slovenian side 2-0 in Europa league Q, Hajsafi played 90 min, Masoud played 80 and assisted one of the goals.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
They should solve this issue soon, give him a call, if he rejects that is another story. I highly doubt if he miss the last two qualification matches he get anymore call.

The other issue is the depth in forward, i am pretty sure if we were back to 2011 he was probably a TM player already, now we have 4 who play in Europe plus Taremi and Ghoddos. CQ won't take 6 forwards to WC(even if Ghoddos can play as CAM but he is more fit into forward position).
Haji safi played as a left defender for a very long time even though his best position was LW/LAM. That is because we lacked a good player there. Now Ghoddos is here and can play CAM. A position we lack depth in nowadays. Dejagah is aging and without a club, Masoud is aging too and has always been very inconsistent in TM. I don't count either Taremi or Ansarifard as true CAMs. Besides, I really think Ghoddos could be one of the most effective players in TM at the moment. He's fast, strong and not the least has a good nose for goal. He doesn't need to miss 20 goal chances to score a goal, like Taremi and many times Ansarifard. It will remain to be seen but I wouldn't be surprised if he'd even turn out to be better and more effective than Azmoun.

The bottom line is, he could easily send one of TM regulars to the bench and one of the regular bench warmers home. and if we (CQ/IFF) don't act soon, he'll do that for the Swedish national team. I'd be so pissed!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Affarin pesare khoob! Kheyli pishraft kardi bad az 5 sal. going back from Rostov to Kazan, what an accomplishment!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Right! Either Italian media are just like our own, coming up with lots of BS, or Lazio are really desperate for a striker.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Affarin pesare khoob! Kheyli pishraft kardi bad az 5 sal. going back from Rostov to Kazan, what an accomplishment!
you are 100% spot on, unless.......

As far as we know, Azmoun is as unwanted among Kazan fans, as Figo was in Barca after Madrid deal.
He left Kazan involving lowyers etc. On his last league visit with Rostov against Kazan, fans had banners: "Lier, Judas".
Also the fact that Sardar only signed a 1 year deal with Kazan. Kazan payed 10 mill for him but want 18 mill from evt. buyers.
So it could be one of the 3 options here:

A- S.A HAD to sign for one club (Rostov/Kazan), in order to finish the ownership drama. Now he can easily sign for another team.

B- S.A felt he owed Kazan (his first european destination) to earn from his upcomming transfer. Now he can easily sign for another team.

C- S.A stays in Kazan, plays only borring russian league, and summer 18 after WC, he is a free agent and can sign with any team he wants.

S.A's move to Kazan made it a lot harder for Lazio to sign him.
Lazio deal with Rostov was (2 benched player + 3.5 mill) for Azmoun
Lazio deal with Kazan will be 18 mill for Azmoun.

despite this shift Lazio hasn't lost the hope in S.A
Once again media talk about Lazio and Azmoun family have reached an agreement.
It is easy to say Azmoun Saga is NOT yet over.

Nov 24, 2002

As far as we know, Azmoun is as unwanted among Kazan fans, as Figo was in Barca after Madrid deal.
He left Kazan involving lowyers etc. On his last league visit with Rostov against Kazan, fans had banners: "Lier, Judas".
Also the fact that Sardar only signed a 1 year deal with Kazan. Kazan payed 10 mill for him but want 18 mill from evt. buyers.

A- S.A HAD to sign for one club (Rostov/Kazan), in order to finish the ownership drama. Now he can easily sign for another team.

B- S.A felt he owed Kazan (his first european destination) to earn from his upcomming transfer. Now he can easily sign for another team.

C- S.A stays in Kazan, plays only borring russian league, and summer 18 after WC, he is a free agent and can sign with any team he wants.

Are you sure about 1 year deal with Kazan? I heard is 3 years!!

Nov 24, 2002
some say 3, but Italian Media say 1 year.
Kazan offical page say: We signed Azmoun (Nothing about for how many seasons)
I doubt Kazan went through the whole process of getting him to lose him for nothing. The kid is still very young at 22, i just hope the eventual transfer happens after WC.

He has nothing more to learn in Russian League which is tough and physical league to play.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

I do really hope what you say is true! But knowing Berdyev and Azmoun and what Berdyev said about his transfer the other day, plus the WC being ahead in Russia, I can not imagine him leaving Rubin.

I guess it all comes down to how many years the deal is in his contract. If it's 3 years, he sure will be staying with Kazan. If it's just 1 year, Kazan would be completely stupid not to let him go if Lazio really offers that much money and he'll become a free agent before the WC!

Let's see what will happen but frankly "my eyes don't drink water"! ;)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
dadash to sare maaal nazan. ;) Azmoun is a high quality striker.
LOL... Momahmmadreza jan, too sare mal nemizanam. Of course he's quality, hence such an interest from a big club like Lazio. But what I mean is, they must be wanting a striker really badly, not to wait a season for Azmoun. His situation has been far from simple.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Sardar is still the main quest for Lazio.
Kazan has a price tag 18-20 mill Euro on Azmoun.
Lazio's first offer is 15 mill (+ 3 mill bonus),
What Azmoun gains from this contract is a salary of 2 mill Euro pr year at Lazio.

I don't know if any Iranian footballer ever has earned 2 mill Euro pr season as salary?