2017 Free-Style & Greco-Roman Wrestling World Championship, France(August 21-August 26)

Nov 24, 2002
Iran GR didn't win any medal today, but overall finished as runner up behind Russia, Elyasi lost the bronze medal match and finished 5th. Overall good result for Iran GR team as 6 out of 8 wrestlers were pretty young and participated for the first time in world championship competition.

Nov 24, 2002
The kid is amazing. He can become one of the greatest of all time in Free Style and we had many legends. He killed Makoev in final. Didn't get the chance to watch other of his matches.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Arash T you are right it is shameful when sports and politics collide. Even Palestine plays in sports competitions against Israel. Also
Goooo Yazdani is a special talent he is young and clearly a gifted athlete. If Yazdani can avoid injuries, which killed many good wrestlers, he can go down as one of Iran's greats. @YePaDoPa usually football itarin shows the clips, that is where I go. @Babr jan finishing behind Russia in GR is not a bad result at all for Iran. Our strength is in freestyle wrestling, where we can use our leg power, get the feet e la pich, the move where you flip the player. Greco Roman wrestling is pretty much all upper body and totally different than regular freestyle. It is almost like comparing Judo to BJJ. Anyways I am happy with the results and free style will always be our bread and butter. We screwed up in the Olympics in Brazil but hopefully we can redeem ourselves. Usually, Iran has a strong showing in FS wrestling and cleans house, we need to find more guys from Juibar(spelling) that village where several of our gold medalists came from. I mentioned this before about the culture of wrestling doesn't matter of it is USA Russia or Iran, the wrestling powers. They never come from LA, Tehran or Moscow it is always Iowa, Juibar or some obscure Russian village nobody ever heard of.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
@Arash T you are right it is shameful when sports and politics collide. Even Palestine plays in sports competitions against Israel. Also
Goooo Yazdani is a special talent he is young and clearly a gifted athlete. If Yazdani can avoid injuries, which killed many good wrestlers, he can go down as one of Iran's greats. @YePaDoPa usually football itarin shows the clips, that is where I go. @Babr jan finishing behind Russia in GR is not a bad result at all for Iran. Our strength is in freestyle wrestling, where we can use our leg power, get the feet e la pich, the move where you flip the player. Greco Roman wrestling is pretty much all upper body and totally different than regular freestyle. It is almost like comparing Judo to BJJ. Anyways I am happy with the results and free style will always be our bread and butter. We screwed up in the Olympics in Brazil but hopefully we can redeem ourselves. Usually, Iran has a strong showing in FS wrestling and cleans house, we need to find more guys from Juibar(spelling) that village where several of our gold medalists came from. I mentioned this before about the culture of wrestling doesn't matter of it is USA Russia or Iran, the wrestling powers. They never come from LA, Tehran or Moscow it is always Iowa, Juibar or some obscure Russian village nobody ever heard of.
Welcome back Comrade, you were awaited, where have you been man!!?
I thought you had been forgotten behind the bars and the guards had thrown away the key to your cell.

hOmie, I would love to see Yazdani V Burroughs, that would be a delight to the eye, though Yazdani needs to climb a weight class up before Jordan Burroughs gets too damn old.
IMO and in the long run Yazdani is a new Aleksandr Karielin, though 4 inches shorter.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
تیم ملی کشتی آزاد ایران با کسب فقط یک مدال طلا و ناکامی در ۷ وزن دیگر، در پله نهم مسابقات قهرمانی جهان ایستاد و بدین ترتیب از راه یابی به جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ ایالات متحده آمریکا بازماند.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome back Comrade, you were awaited, where have you been man!!?
I thought you had been forgotten behind the bars and the guards had thrown away the key to your cell.

hOmie, I would love to see Yazdani V Burroughs, that would be a delight to the eye, though Yazdani needs to climb a weight class up before Jordan Burroughs gets too damn old.
IMO and in the long run Yazdani is a new Aleksandr Karielin, though 4 inches shorter.
I'm good mate that would be a very interesting match up but the thing is Burroughs would have the natural advantage of being in the higher weight division. Yazdani would need to bulk up to get to Burrough's walking weight. Both wrestlers are extremely gifted and talented but once again, I would give the edge to Burroughs. If Burroughs had to cut to Yazdani's weight I would give the advantage to Yazdani, good comparison to Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Karelin (Russian: Александр Александрович Карелин) He won three gold medals in 88, 92 and 96 under different flags, (SU/CCCP, CIS and the Russian Federation). He was one of the best GR wrestlers and three inches taller than me. It is ok for Yazdani to be four inches shorter, he is 6'4. from Novosibirsk. Oh and I got out on parole, good behavior, just to let you know.

Oct 18, 2010
the beast talks about his dominating performance.

[video=youtube;ZFqtfqAFCsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFqtfqAFCsQ[/video]