TM Iran Information Thread

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Carlos Queiroz: The day the brains of football in Iran (the management) will be able to follow the soul and heart of football in this Nation, Iran will for sure be placed in the top ten football countries in the World.

https://www.facebook.com/IranSportsPress/posts/1799375940136536?ref=page_homepage_panel
That day won't come any time soon where management becomes great. !!!
From point of view of our government, football is something that makes people involved and they are no so serious about improving overall aspect of the football. Recipe for mediocre team which is accomplished.

Nov 24, 2002
That day won't come any time soon where management becomes great. !!!
From point of view of our government, football is something that makes people involved and they are no so serious about improving overall aspect of the football. Recipe for mediocre team which is accomplished.
Still it is some encouraging words, CQ bikhod hendoone zire baghal nemizare. He is not Blazevic lol

But i agree, the day won't come soon, at least not in our life maybe lol. Maybe our kids.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Honestly, Iran's games are totally unwatchable! Can't blame anyone deciding to do something more fun instead :)

Even people in Tehran have a hard time convincing themselves to make the short straight trip to Azadi stadium. Team Melli plays shit football in terms of entertainment and excitement.
Don't you think you're overreacting. TM games are much, much better than they use to be, and definitely watchable.

People in Tehran don't want to watch TM play in Azadi because the tickets are super cheap and that draws in the lowest people in society into the stadium. They generally act like animals by sitting in other peoples seats, chain smoking, using vulgar language, throwing their seeds onto other people. From personal experience it is not the place any civilized person would have fun.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Alipour is a good player, probably deserves a call-up and would be interesting to try him out. But with the current attacking depth and traffic in TM there is probably close to zero % chance he gets an invite. I cant see it happening.

Any way you look at it, be it striker, RW or LW there is already 2-3 well prepared players ready to go that are better then him right now.

Torabi who is arguably the best/most talented attacking player within Iran right now struggles to keep down a fixed spot in TM in the important fixtures. Queiroz really rates the kid too.

Oct 1, 2004
Nov 24, 2002
^^^
WC squad?

He is mainly invited because Lak has broken nose and couldn't make it. As Nader said, he suffers from cross balls syndromes like almost every keeper in Iran, plus not very convincing in other departments. I rate Akhbari, Mazaheri, Lak and even Beiranvand much higher than this guy.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
^^^
WC squad?

He is mainly invited because Lak has broken nose and couldn't make it. As Nader said, he suffers from cross balls syndromes like almost every keeper in Iran, plus not very convincing in other departments. I rate Akhbari, Mazaheri, Lak and even Beiranvand much higher than this guy.
I know what you saying, those keepers are ahead of him, but this call will give him a boost to improve and something to aim for, as he knows if he does he will be seen and considered, all good for a healthy competition.
Let's not be so critical on him too much for couple of misjudgement on crosses today, he's had a few good games and couple of mistakes here and there, you have not said a word in his last few games but quick to piss on him today.
Let's see how he does over a period of time and see how he does, so far 95% of fans are happy with his play so far. Much better than that Rahmati who is over the hill.

Nov 24, 2002
The same way you claim Rahmati has been the best keeper in the land since adam and Eve! ��

Just a figure of speech.... No!.. I googled it! ��
Where did i mention Rahmati in my text?

Any half decent football brain who follow Iran football knows at 34 if he is not better than the rest he is not worst, he suffer from cross balls, so does every other keepers in Iran(Specially Mr Nose). But hands down has been Iran's best keeper since Abedzadeh, that is about 20 years! and we all know what kept and keeping him out of line-up: Shitty attitude!

Lets not start this argument again.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Where did i mention Rahmati in my text?

Any half decent football brain who follow Iran football knows at 34 if he is not better than the rest he is not worst, he suffer from cross balls, so does every other keepers in Iran(Specially Mr Nose). But hands down has been Iran's best keeper since Abedzadeh, that is about 20 years! and we all know what kept and keeping him out of line-up: Shitty attitude!

Lets not start this argument again.
There you go dude ! ...this is where my 95% comes from :15: