Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
A game to learn from. You can’t win any game when u don’t have decent forwards and playing without a goal keeper.
Ronaldo was active but not enough to win a game.
I hope this game shuts some mouths about RM having refs taking their side.
Anyhow Zidane has a great task ahead of him to say the least.
Till before this game I believed RM can come back this season but it was proven tonight that this year The team is done. See you next season.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
PSG should win it all with some ease. No other team has their quality and hunger.

Spurs is not going anywhere. They're already punching way above their weight.

Barca is one defensive mistake away from a thrashing (like last year against PSG)

Madrid may actually bounce back. They usually do well in these shitty situations. Once they're cornered, they always bounce.

City will probably starts to implode after the Christmas break.

Overall it's not looking like a year of giants in Champions League. The whole competition feels a bit weaker than last year.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
PSG should win it all with some ease. No other team has their quality and hunger.

Barca is one defensive mistake away from a thrashing (like last year against PSG)

Madrid may actually bounce back. They usually do well in these shitty situations. Once they're cornered, they always bounce.

Overall it's not looking like a year of giants in Champions League. The whole competition feels a bit weaker than last year.
We'll park the bus, ruin the football and win the cup

Only if you believe in miracle . this squad cannot win , end of the story. I said it 3 months ago and Thanks god CR confirmed it yesterday that we did it only due to the superb squad we had last season. Either that or an ass-kicking forwards to win games. We don't have any. ( Unless some amendment in January)

My expectation : finish in top 4 and make it to CL for next year

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com

I agree with you re:Madrid ... Real may bounce back, i mean keep something in mind, in 2015 season when ZZ took over from that moron Benitez, Real was in horrible shape 2, ended up winning the CL :) so not all hope is lost. Its hard, but NOT impossible. As mentioned previously, few things were expected , few surprised everyone ...
Losing Morata and not getting a striker, stupid and expected
however, Carvajal heart infection, Casemiro SHARP decline, Modric Decline, CR sharp decline, Navas injury and Karim hitting a new low were not ... yes, every year players age and that has an impact on their performance, but the surprise for me is CR, from HERO and scoring non-stop to completly a different person this year ...
CL is still very much alive, lots of time to recover, League is much harder, especially since I dont see Barca dropping cheap points and right now, if Real beats them home and Away,,, still nothing ...

On a different note, I had this discussion with a friend of mine, what is the norm now days, you spend money and buy talenet , they say you kill talent develppment, and not using your own home grown players, then ZZ comes and starts using homegrown players, then peolple go crazy when Real loses !!! i mean you cant have the 2 side by side "ALL the time" yes, you sometims hit a golden generation like Barca did, Xavi, Inista, Puyol, Messi, etc, Pique all at the same time, and won big with mainly home grown players, but that is not the norm ... so what is right?

Real Won 2 CL back to back (NOT EVEN BARCA COULD DO IT), won the league last year, folks relax ... its ok to not win anything this year, if it means we develop our youth. chill.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
I agree with you re:Madrid ... Real may bounce back, i mean keep something in mind, in 2015 season when ZZ took over from that moron Benitez, Real was in horrible shape 2, ended up winning the CL :) so not all hope is lost. Its hard, but NOT impossible. As mentioned previously, few things were expected , few surprised everyone ...
Losing Morata and not getting a striker, stupid and expected
however, Carvajal heart infection, Casemiro SHARP decline, Modric Decline, CR sharp decline, Navas injury and Karim hitting a new low were not ... yes, every year players age and that has an impact on their performance, but the surprise for me is CR, from HERO and scoring non-stop to completly a different person this year ...
CL is still very much alive, lots of time to recover, League is much harder, especially since I dont see Barca dropping cheap points and right now, if Real beats them home and Away,,, still nothing ...

On a different note, I had this discussion with a friend of mine, what is the norm now days, you spend money and buy talenet , they say you kill talent develppment, and not using your own home grown players, then ZZ comes and starts using homegrown players, then peolple go crazy when Real loses !!! i mean you cant have the 2 side by side "ALL the time" yes, you sometims hit a golden generation like Barca did, Xavi, Inista, Puyol, Messi, etc, Pique all at the same time, and won big with mainly home grown players, but that is not the norm ... so what is right?

Real Won 2 CL back to back (NOT EVEN BARCA COULD DO IT), won the league last year, folks relax ... its ok to not win anything this year, if it means we develop our youth. chill.
A combination would be ideal. A team with a good roster of home grown talents and few experienced and proven players bought to fit the gaps. The complains start when a team is nothing but mercenaries, from the coaching staff all the way down to the ball kids. How does a team like that is representative of the club, unless you are talking about franchises like the ones in the US, which can be moved based on the owner's liking. If you call yourself Madrid, Barca, Munich, Manchester, or whatever else, you better have some players representing that region, in my opinion.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
A combination would be ideal. A team with a good roster of home grown talents and few experienced and proven players bought to fit the gaps. The complains start when a team is nothing but mercenaries, from the coaching staff all the way down to the ball kids. How does a team like that is representative of the club, unless you are talking about franchises like the ones in the US, which can be moved based on the owner's liking. If you call yourself Madrid, Barca, Munich, Manchester, or whatever else, you better have some players representing that region, in my opinion.
Fully agreed :)
and this shit about u have to WIN everyyear, has to stop ... it takes time to rebuild, relax. Give team some space. No team ever is going to win forever ... what is happening to Real is no exception.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Real bench is not as deep as last year and they didn't shop as good as previous years during off season, that is the main concern!