TM Iran Information Thread

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Whats wrong with likes of Venezuela and Panama Ali jan? Panama got more points than USA in their WCQ group, and they could qualify but USA couldnt! + Ive seen their game vs Canada. They're physically very strong. Ghoolian vase khodeshoon!lol

As for Venezuela, its not ideal but its a good preparation for a likely South American team. Considering some1 in IFF used the $10M FIFA money.. :(
Wow.... is that really you Niloufar, or someone hijacking your account?? Welcome back and very nice to see your post! :) Anyways, bashe, to biya post kon, I will agree with what ever you say! LOL

But on a serious note..... I was actually thinking in general terms. At the time Saudi Arabia and Japan have friendlies against the likes of Portugal and Brazil, playing against Panama and Venezuela is not really the most optimal friendlies. As CQ mentioned recently, we should be playing against the likes of Portugal and Bulgaria, not making last minute desperate decisions like this. Even the rumored Serbia-Venezuela combination would have been better than Panama-Venezuela. Having said that, knowing IFF and our past WC preparations, we should actually be happy we have friendlies at all.

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
what a lovely surprise ...!:)

What took you so long dear ? welcome back :cheer-2::gokia:
Aw thank you Shahriar jan, its so good to see you old-timers still here. :)

Welcome back Nilu ;)
Thanks Mahbod jan, thanks for your help along the way. :) Its great to be back. :)

Thank u Nader jan! :) WTH?! :O Dige az Mahbod entezar nadashtam.. :O :mad: Im back now, so as a Persian saying goes: "Hala daram barash"! :cigar:

Nilou had dream last night of Kia playing against Panama ,that is why she came back ....:):)
LOOOL! :D haha akhey, ghorboonesh beram! I have him on Instagram now. He has a youth Academy team now in Iran and posts quite often there. :*

Welcome back dictator Nilu
I have kept my avatar just for you after all these years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
loool, thank you Farsheed jan! mane bichare!

Wow.... is that really you Niloufar, or someone hijacking your account?? Welcome back and very nice to see your post! :) Anyways, bashe, to biya post kon, I will agree with what ever you say! LOL

But on a serious note..... I was actually thinking in general terms. At the time Saudi Arabia and Japan have friendlies against the likes of Portugal and Brazil, playing against Panama and Venezuela is not really the most optimal friendlies. As CQ mentioned recently, we should be playing against the likes of Portugal and Bulgaria, not making last minute desperate decisions like this. Even the rumored Serbia-Venezuela combination would have been better than Panama-Venezuela. Having said that, knowing IFF and our past WC preparations, we should actually be happy we have friendlies at all.
haha no no1 hijacking my account! Thanks Ali jan! :) Good to see you all here. :)

Oh on that context, compare to other Asian teams, definitely, so true. And that goes back to IFF's embazzlement of $10M FIFA money for TM's qualification and TM only being able to secure friendlies against teams whom have no problem with Iran!! The ironic thing is few weeks ago Sport Ministry claimed "TM can qualify to 2nd round of WC with preparations we have planned,etc". Roo ke nist.

Az bachegim khar k..deh boodam!
LOOOL! :D Dige motasefane/khoshbakhtane dobare khanoom beynetoone, moadab bashin aghayoon! :D ;) More polite way of it is "pachekhar" beghole Mehran Modiri! But thanks for reporting them! ;)

May 9, 2004
خوش امدید نیلو خانوم
باز برگشتیم به دوران رمز و رموزی مثل توتفرنگی و استروپوم
در مورد جوکی های ترید ریلاکسیشن چطور این جوک ها که توش از کلماتی مثل خیار جمبر و
توتفرنگی استفاده میشه رو الان بنویسیم ادمین عزیز ؟

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Nilou jan be gholleh Ferry Zandi e khosh tip : OOmadi kheyli ham khosh oomadi !:)

Been missing your comments on team melli ,what do you think of the past 4 years till of team melli ? do you think they have a chance of reaching second round ? do you have a favourite now that Kia is retired ?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Carlos Queiroz names the final squad for the two friendly matches against Panama and Venezuela.
Surprising invitation: Amir Abedzadeh
No Haghighi... And Shojaei isn't invited one more time.

http://iransportspress.com/carlos-querioz-names-26-men-squad-for-panama-and-venezuela-matches/
I'm very happy Mazaheri has been given the confidence. I think he's the best Iranian keeper inside Iran! Although I think Amir Abedzadeh will finally grab number 1 in the WC, just the same way Haghighi did the last time.

All in a all a good line up. It seems he's still trying to find the right man beside Ezatollahi, hence inviting so many DMs! I don't know why he doesn't try more LBs though?! That's where we have problems if god forbid Milad Mohammadi gets injured.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
خوش امدید نیلو خانوم
باز برگشتیم به دوران رمز و رموزی مثل توتفرنگی و استروپوم
در مورد جوکی های ترید ریلاکسیشن چطور این جوک ها که توش از کلماتی مثل خیار جمبر و
توتفرنگی استفاده میشه رو الان بنویسیم ادمین عزیز ؟
Let me take you down ...cause I'm going to strawberry fields ...nothing is real ...nothing to get hung about ..strawberry fields forever !:ess-expert::15:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
No sign of Masud. I am very disappointed with IFF and CQ.
Excluding Masoud for this $h*tty reason is unacceptable. I'd say he's one of the most respected TM players for me, for standing up for his beliefs. From raising the issue with women's ban in the stadiums to playing against the Israeli team. However, even though he's been doing really well for his club for a while now, in TM he's always been highly inconsistent. If the situation with the Israeli team had never happened, we would have wanted him on the bench anyways. I don't think he's missed when you look at it purely from football point of view.

I just wished he was invited one more time just to mark that standing for your beliefs should not be punished. Then I wouldn't have a problem if he was put a side for the WC.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Excluding Masoud for this $h*tty reason is unacceptable. I'd say he's one of the most respected TM players for me, for standing up for his beliefs. From raising the issue with women's ban in the stadiums to playing against the Israeli team. However, even though he's been doing really well for his club for a while now, in TM he's always been highly inconsistent. If the situation with the Israeli team had never happened, we would have wanted him on the bench anyways. I don't think he's missed when you look at it purely from football point of view.

I just wished he was invited one more time just to mark that standing for your beliefs should not be punished. Then I wouldn't have a problem if he was put a side for the WC.
I do not agree about his inconsistancy and being put aside for WC. He is more consistent than other TM midfielders and our best playmaker at this time. TM lacks a playmaker and will be punished in more competitive games. The noisy CQ has been silent at this time.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I do not agree about his inconsistancy and being put aside for WC. He is more consistent than other TM midfielders and our best playmaker at this time. TM lacks a playmaker and will be punished in more competitive games. The noisy CQ has been silent at this time.
Well, even before the Israeli team issue, at the time Dejagah was healthy and in a better shape, Masoud did not always start. That means he was not our best playmaker then either. In fact, many times, I remember I got too frustrated by Masoud for holding the ball too long which often resulted in losing the ball easily to the opponents. It happened only once in a while he would pull off a great game, like the one against Argentina (he was still the first one to be subbed out) and against Chile/Sweden. I believe once Ghoddos gets adjusted with the other players properly, him and Dejagah will make much better play makers than Masoud.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Guys...does Taremi's ban mean he can not play in the WC?!!! Since he played against Russia, I'm assuming it's the official games he's banned from?

It would suck to miss both Ezatollahi and Taremi in the WC's first game!!!