good old days

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Yadesh bekhair Cinema Astara. The number of times I skipped school to go watch band-tombooni movies there and have a chelo kabab in Sadeghi restaurant next door to Passage Farah. Good old days indeed.
Oh yes , I remember Sadeghi well ,for few years we used to get our Friday lunch take away chelokabab from there ....!
Friday mornings children movies at Astara ...sandwich at Villa and Parsiyan ...ice cream at Ladan ,Haleem at seyed Mehdi ......summer nights at open air cinema Bahar ....

such wonderful happy childhood memories ....why did all go so wrong ....

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Oh yes , I remember Sadeghi well ,for few years we used to get our Friday lunch take away chelokabab from there ....!
Friday mornings children movies at Astara ...sandwich at Villa and Parsiyan ...ice cream at Ladan ,Haleem at seyed Mehdi ......summer nights at open air cinema Bahar ....

such wonderful happy childhood memories ....why did all go so wrong ....
Sadeghi had legitimately some great kabobs however the place always smelled like a sewage treatment plant. I still remember the smell 40 years later.
Parsiyan had the best sausage sandwich in Tehran and Ladan had the best gelato ice cream ever made in the world. I have no idea how they managed to make ice creams better than Italians, but they really did.
Seyed Mehdi's halim, oh my god. I went the entire 3vom Nazari year to that upstairs halim shop at 6 am for the sake of having halim. It was unreal. Even on Fridays, I would take my Suzuki 80 with a "ghablame" to fill the halim and bring it home for the family to enjoy.
Maybe everything just tasted better when we were 15-16 years old.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Sadeghi had legitimately some great kabobs however the place always smelled like a sewage treatment plant. I still remember the smell 40 years later.
Parsiyan had the best sausage sandwich in Tehran and Ladan had the best gelato ice cream ever made in the world. I have no idea how they managed to make ice creams better than Italians, but they really did.
Seyed Mehdi's halim, oh my god. I went the entire 3vom Nazari year to that upstairs halim shop at 6 am for the sake of having halim. It was unreal. Even on Fridays, I would take my Suzuki 80 with a "ghablame" to fill the halim and bring it home for the family to enjoy.
Don't know where sadeghi is or if they are still in business but best kabob I ever had in my life was in a resturaunt called Shandeez(spelling) about 20 miles drive, form the city of Mashad. Alborz is a close second.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
LOL ! must have bumped into each other sometime in Parsiyan as I was a regular there ,Houshang khan ...bless him ,used to watch him cutting the tomatoes and gherkins with such precision and parsley mixed with onions ...thanks for taking me back to those happy sweet times ...

like Bryan Adams say : those were the best days of my life ....oh yeah !:)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Don't know where sadeghi is or if they are still in business but best kabob I ever had in my life was in a resturaunt called Shandeez(spelling) about 20 miles drive, form the city of Mashad. Alborz is a close second.
If you drove another 780 miles you would have reached Sadeghi in Tajrish ...north of Tehran ...tucked under the magnificent Alborz mountains !:15: