La Liga & All Spanish related Matches,Schedules , News, Transfers and Updates ( 2017-18 )

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
And Indiana Jones discovers 6 penalties not taken against Barcelona, all interstingly in 3 tied games, and 3 other games that Barca had only one goal winning margin in 2017-18 La Liga. All penalties were scored resulting in closing the gap for 9 points.

Sadly we are still going to be a mere 9 points behind!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Refereering overall is HORRIBLE in Spain, I strongly believe, it is in NO SHAPE OR FORM geared towards favoring Barca, remember Barca scored a legit goal vs Valencia and was not given? People say why Barca get a lot of PKs, its just because of the way they play, a team can get 1000000 PKs PER GAME, so what? if they are correct calls, they are correct.

VAR is going to put Spanish referees to shame next year.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Refereering overall is HORRIBLE in Spain, I strongly believe, it is in NO SHAPE OR FORM geared towards favoring Barca, remember Barca scored a legit goal vs Valencia and was not given? People say why Barca get a lot of PKs, its just because of the way they play, a team can get 1000000 PKs PER GAME, so what? if they are correct calls, they are correct.

VAR is going to put Spanish referees to shame next year.
I can say the same thing about the EPL and the Bundesliga, the leagues that I watch. Officiating is just horrible across the board but I too do not think that they are playing favorites and want Barce to win. I wonder what is taking them so long and why they do not have VAR already? In the Bundesliga, it really helped several teams because they went back and got the right call. Why is it so hard to implement this what are the Spaniards waiting for? I think you are spot on, VAR will put the refs in the La Liga to shame, I am sure they are not too happy about it because now they will be held accountable. Also, what is happening to Real Madrid? This is the same team that won back to back CL and beat my team, plus won the La Liga and now they are fighting for their lives, just to qualify for the CL. Is it because Zidane is being too suborn and not budging on his starting XI? They are losing to teams they should easily handle.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It all comes down to whether you accept referee errors as part of the game or not. I personally don't want to accept it. It doesn't need to exist. I would say take the referee completely out of football and use technology for everything. It's really not that hard. We do it in every other industry, why not in sports?

It's not even that expensive to implement. Chip the shit out of everything. IoT is cheap. Put chips on jerseys, shorts, socks, balls, boots, goal-posts and everything else. They cost pennies these days.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Good game by Barca. Valencia have never played such good compact defense. Even winning by one goal against them should be celebrated. The very perfect bus-parking was achieved.

Coutinho showed a lot of promise. He even replicated some of Messi's brilliance on the left. If we had a decent fullback/winger on the right we could almost duplicate the Messi-Alba diagonal with Coutinho and someone else. Sergi Roberto, Vidal or Semedo are not the answer.

You could see as the game progressed Messi and Suarez felt more willing to share the ball with Coutinho and he seriously didn't let anyone down. This guy will feel right at home soon. Hope he doesn't end up injured or affected by side issues.

Rakitic was average again. I sense a bit of laziness or self-doubt on his part. Doesn't look all that willing on the field.

Man of the match: Umtiti (what a day he had)

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Messi MOTM according to whoscored.com
I didn’t watch the game but Messi should be selected MOTM every single game even if he is on the bench!!
I don’t think any player in the history of any sport was able to maintain his excellent shape and be this effective for over 10 years. Barca is so lucky to have him. For us RM fans we have to wait for him to retire to be able to dominate again in Spain. For now we have to be content with a La Liga title every few years.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I didn’t watch the game but Messi should be selected MOTM every single game even if he is on the bench!!
I don’t think any player in the history of any sport was able to maintain his excellent shape and be this effective for over 10 years. Barca is so lucky to have him. For us RM fans we have to wait for him to retire to be able to dominate again in Spain. For now we have to be content with a La Liga title every few years.
100% agreed! I hope now the discussion is closed forever, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc, all great players, Messi is from Mars. simple as that. Having said that, He needs Barca to perform, and Barca needs him to perform. I look at it this way
Messi is the Dr.
Barca is the Medicine
TOGETHER they are the CURE.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well, he's by default the "man of the sport". There's no sense in calling him the man of the match. He's always 3 levels above the rest. Without him, football wouldn't be what it is. He's not human.

As for human players, Umtiti was absolutely phenomenon.
I agree with you 100% man. We are probably not going to see Messi for another decade or two. Now they played different positions but here is my analogy Messi = Diego Maradona, minus the steroids. What I mean by that is Messi can create something out of nothing. Ronaldo is a great individual finisher but he wishes he could create like Messi. Now I am not a Barce or Real Madrid fan so I am 100% neutral on this. I would take Messi any day of the week. Messi carried Argentina to the finals of the World Cup. To be fair Ronaldo did the same with Portugal and won the Euros but Portugal got LUCKY they went the easy route. Messi can put a team on his back and carry them. I just can't understand for the life of me how Argentina still haven't won a World Cup under him because they have talent more than just Messi plus 10. This is going to be his last crack at it but I think it will end badly and it's not messi's fault. To me he is in the Mt. Rushmore of play makers and he is on Diego Maradona's level. Ronlado is like Ali Daei in the sense that give me the ball and I will score. That is all I have to say about that topic.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
100% agreed! I hope now the discussion is closed forever, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho etc, all great players, Messi is from Mars. simple as that. Having said that, He needs Barca to perform, and Barca needs him to perform. I look at it this way
Messi is the Dr.
Barca is the Medicine
TOGETHER they are the CURE.
Without prayers of faithful people of Barcelona none of those would matter.

Anjoman Eslamieh Catalonia

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
another bad result for Real.
2-2
Bro maybe you can answer me I asked this question before but nobody did. What is going on with Real Madrid Houmanbahla, Fariborz jan? is it because Zidane is being stubborn and doesn't want to change the starting XI? Is it perhaps because Real Madrid players have become a bit arrogant, and since they had success they are not as hungry? I really have no idea, this is the same team that won back to back CL league and even beat my Bayern Munchen(all be it two questionable red cards) but they still won. It's like night and day they are 4th and Villareal might leap frog them to 4th. I have no idea why this is going on.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Bro maybe you can answer me I asked this question before but nobody did. What is going on with Real Madrid Houmanbahla, Fariborz jan? is it because Zidane is being stubborn and doesn't want to change the starting XI? Is it perhaps because Real Madrid players have become a bit arrogant, and since they had success they are not as hungry? I really have no idea, this is the same team that won back to back CL league and even beat my Bayern Munchen(all be it two questionable red cards) but they still won. It's like night and day they are 4th and Villareal might leap frog them to 4th. I have no idea why this is going on.
weak bench. bad decisions on subs. bad luck. they should still make top 4 for CL. also they know league ia over. they will play much better in CL.