• NO to Hijab

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • UNDECIDED

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
Presumably most board members are against forced Hijab; that is too easy a discussion. However if you were (or are) a woman would you use it? Or as a parent would you have that conversation with your daughter at some point that it is time for you to use Hijab. Choices are YES, NO, UNDECIDED. Choices are private so no one can see your vote, and if you have comments, please post them.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Great question you know as a secular person I am against the hijab and that is why I voted no. However I am open minded, from a multi cultural family and a tolerant person I would never force my secular western values on anyone. I have Muslim family members in Iran and some wear a Hijab, like one of my aunts. On my dads Azeri and Russian side, the Russian culture had a big influence on them and me. Many young women back home in Iran, act more Russian than Iranian. On my mom's side I am Bavarian so now you see the a heavy Bavarian and Slava influence. Over 90% of us in Iran can speak Russian fluently. That is their choice. If I had a daughter she would not live in Iran or a Muslim country so it would be a non issue however, if someone wants to wear a hijab, I am not going to call them a terrorist or stop them.

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
... However I am open minded, from a multi cultural family and a tolerant person I would never force my secular western values on anyone. ... If I had a daughter she would not live in Iran or a Muslim country so it would be a non issue however, if someone wants to wear a hijab, I am not going to call them a terrorist or stop them.
The question is not on what people may or may not think of someone else wearing the hijab, obviously that is not good, rather the question is whether members themselves would use the veil or would they have a conversation with their daughters promoting the veil to them. Subtle, but major difference!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I didn't vote because I don't want to vote for either yes or no! Why not letting the women be free to decide for themselves?

If I had a daughter, I would just let her get mature enough to decide for herself what to wear. If she chose to wear a chador or a bikini, so be it!

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
So, NO you would not try to convince your daughter to wear a veil? How about this, if you were a woman yourself, what would you do?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
So, NO you would not try to convince your daughter to wear a veil? How about this, if you were a woman yourself, what would you do?
Yes but I would NOT convince her of not wearing a veil either! I would not convince her of anything. but maybe that's not what you meant by "no to hijab".

As for me, I'm not a woman so I can not imagine but probably I would not wear hijab.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
The question is not on what people may or may not think of someone else wearing the hijab, obviously that is not good, rather the question is whether members themselves would use the veil or would they have a conversation with their daughters promoting the veil to them. Subtle, but major difference!
Ah I apologize for not understanding the question but now that I do I will answer. My daughter is going to grow up in the west,, if I were a girl I would not use the veil and I am going to have a conversation with her. I am going to shield her from the propaganda because as a father it's my job. I am going to raise her in the west, secular and tell her that she can be anything she wants. With all of that said I agree with Ogahbealborz jan to each their own, it's a personal choice and you cannot force it on anyone.

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I get aroused a lot more often in presence of Hijab-wearing women (my imagination runs wild!), so definitely YES to Hejab for all women. As for my own daughter and family though, fuck that. I don't want people's imagination to run wild on them, so NO to hijab for them.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I get aroused a lot more often in presence of Hijab-wearing women (my imagination runs wild!), so definitely YES to Hejab for all women. As for my own daughter and family though, fuck that. I don't want people's imagination to run wild on them, so NO to hijab for them.
OMFG that is hilarious I nerve heard of a hijab fetish before, LMFAO, ok I am nominating this post for early post of the year consideration. :) Reminds me of the scene on You don't mess with the Zohan when he zooms in on the girl in the hejab, with his special optics glasses, and sees she is in a bikini, Zohan, "looking good sister,' lmao! Sorry I couldn't find the clip I tried.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
You don't mess with the Zohan when he zooms in on the girl in the hejab, with his special optics glasses, and sees she is in a bikini, Zohan, "looking good sister"!
bro yer fuckin kill me... :) that movie is weird and hilarious at the same time.... lol at hijab scene :).... I remember that!

Last edited:

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
It's interesting that so many people viewed this post, yet only a few voted! As though even in private we are reluctant to speak the truth, whatever our truth may be. Some say that this problem has existed for over 100 years and will continue for many more years! In my humble opinion this speculation is a self defeatist attitude and of no use. There is no way that we can possibly know that. This only retards the progress of the nation. People that are directly affected by this law, the women of Iran, seem to have no problem speaking their minds in whatever creative way they can which is very courageous so why not us. Hijab in my opinion may have served a purpose to protect women during a time when they were treated as chattel for men; but it is not worthy of our times and it only serves as a remnant of bygone times and as a symbol of their subjugation. As it is with most taboos, it is difficult to see the issue clearly because we think of the people that do it. Only if we were to look at the issue on its own without thinking of people, is when we see it clearly.

May 9, 2004
مشکل ما اینجاست
که از یک زاویه به امور نگاه میکنیم
مثلا کسی نباید دخرتش را مجبور کند که حجاب بپوشد
در مقابل اگر همان شخصی که دخترش را مجبور نکرده که حجاب بپوشد
یک دختر دیگری داشت و دختره خواست حجاب بپوشد
من مطمئا هستم گه او را مجبور میکند که حجاب نپوشد
البته این رو که میگم بین ما ایرانی ها خیلی اتفاق میفته
ریچارد داوکینز داشت با یک نفر بحث میکرد
و بحث به انجا کشید که داوکینز گفت تو حق نداری بچه هایت را مجبور کنی که به کلیسا بروند و سعیی کنی که انها را متقاعد به مسیحیت کنی
طرف گفت اگر برفرض بچه هایم خودشان خواستند چه
داوکینز گفت بچه هیچوقت بجز اینکه پدر و مادر او را متقاعدکنند کاری نمیکند !!ا
در صورتی که خود داوکینز دخترش که هیچ سعی میکند بقیه را متقاعد کند که به کلیسا نروند !!!آ
:--confuse
این مشکل ماست
حالا من نمیگم میهندوست ولی اشخاصی مثل میهندوست با همین طرز فکر اگر فردا بچه شان فرضا خواست برود و مسلمون شود یا کمونیست یا هرچیز دیگر
مینشینند سه روز برایشان روضه میخوانند که حضرت بهاالله چه گفت و چه نگفت

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
No dear, that is not the case. However, you do bring up a good point, namely education. Education is very important to teach children about human qualities and virtues and also pass other knowledge from one generation to the next, however after that the choice has to be theirs. That is their unalienable right to make choices for themselves, so in the context of hijab for instance, there can be no coercion, or God forbid force that we hear sometimes in the news in the form of honor-killing and so on. As a general point, there can be no defense for hijab in today's world, if you have one, do share.

Ardesheer

Bench Warmer
Jun 30, 2005
At first, I thought in this forum there would be no dispute and this would be a non-issue.

No hijab, because hijab is just stupid. Nobody should ever be forced to wear or not to wear hijab, because it's a personal decision. However, if someone does not follow logic and evidence, and wants to wear hijab, then so be it, there are a lot of stupid people around. That's just one more stupid person with a stamp on their forehead that I am stupid (and I am talking about the situation that there is no compulsory hijab and someone freely chooses hijab.)

Also, the comment that I am a man and don't have to decide makes no sense. Women have sexual urges too, so why don't you cover up? Just because there is no law requiring you, you are not stopped from covering up. So, you have chosen not to wear hijab.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Presumably most board members are against forced Hijab; that is too easy a discussion. However if you were (or are) a woman would you use it? Or as a parent would you have that conversation with your daughter at some point that it is time for you to use Hijab. Choices are YES, NO, UNDECIDED. Choices are private so no one can see your vote, and if you have comments, please post them.
The whole problem starts with the question, dude. Why would any father/mother have any conversation with their daughter to recommend/force Hijab on them? What is the difference between a boy's hair and girl's hair that girl's hair has to be covered as of 'certain age'?

Even in our grandparents' era, they didnt have such conversation with their daughters about Hijab, why should we in 21st century? Thanks to existence of library and books, our daughters can read books , do some research on their own and decide what they want to wear/do with their body.

May 9, 2004
No dear, that is not the case. However, you do bring up a good point, namely education. Education is very important to teach children about human qualities and virtues and also pass other knowledge from one generation to the next, however after that the choice has to be theirs. That is their unalienable right to make choices for themselves, so in the context of hijab for instance, there can be no coercion, or God forbid force that we hear sometimes in the news in the form of honor-killing and so on. As a general point, there can be no defense for hijab in today's world, if you have one, do share.
جناب
کدام موزش و معرفت و تحصیلات ؟
از نظر یک یهودی اموزش منظور اموزش دین یهودی از نظر یک مسلمان اموزش قران از نظر مسیحی اموزش انجیل
از نظر یک سکولار اموزش کاملا مادی و علمی از نظر جنابعالی اموزش دیانت بهایی است
مگر غیر از این است
اصلا کلام شما متناقض است
خوب شما میفرمایید بچه ها را باید اموزش داد بعدا خودشان تصمیم میگیرند
ایا به این جمله ای که نوشته اید دقت کرده اید؟
کی به انها موزش بدهد ؟ چی به انها اموزش بدهند
خوب اگر مثلا یکی بیاید و به بچه ها بگوید حجاب زن یک چیز عقب افتاده ای است و زن و مرد کاملا متساوی هستند در هر کاری که میکنند
و هر چیزی که می پوشند
این اموزش است ولی کاملا همانطور که گفتم اموزش ضد حجاب است
یکی دیگر بیاید و بچه ها را جمع کند که حجاب حفظ حریم زنان است و خیلی خوب است ده تا ایه و مثال هم بیاورد
این اموزش تشویق به حجاب است
فردا این دو گروه بچه که بزرگ شدند فکر میکنید از خودشان همینطوری تصمیم میگیرند که بپوشند یا نپوشند ؟
صد در صد روی انها تاثییر خواهد گذاشت
الان گروهایی هستند که برهنه گی کامل را تشویق میکنند و بچه های انها بعدها انرا راعایت میکنند تا حدی که
پوشیدن لباس برای انها یک چیز بیخود است
همینطور مثلا در عربستان و برخی نقاط افغانستان زنان بدون نقاب احساس میکنند لخت هستند !!!ا
خوب اینها از اموزش امده است یکی اموزش داده که برهنگی کامل خوب است و برای ان هم دلایل محکمه پسند خودش را دارد
و دیگری اموزش داده که زن بدون نقاب یعنی لخت ان هم دلایل خودش را دارد
حالا شما می فرمایید بچه ها را چطور اموزش بدهیم در مورد مثلا حجاب ؟
سکولاریستی
اموزش بهایی
اموزش اسلامی
اموزش یهودی بوداییی مسیحی طالبانی افغانی امریکایی ژاپنی ؟
خوب ببیند که گفته شما تا چه اندازه درز دارد
این که می فرمایید بچه ها را باید اموزش داد تا در اینده خودشان تصمیم بگیرند اول جمله با اخر جمله جور در نمیاید عمو جان

May 9, 2004
At first, I thought in this forum there would be no dispute and this would be a non-issue.

No hijab, because hijab is just stupid. Nobody should ever be forced to wear or not to wear hijab, because it's a personal decision. However, if someone does not follow logic and evidence, and wants to wear hijab, then so be it, there are a lot of stupid people around. That's just one more stupid person with a stamp on their forehead that I am stupid (and I am talking about the situation that there is no compulsory hijab and someone freely chooses hijab.)

Also, the comment that I am a man and don't have to decide makes no sense. Women have sexual urges too, so why don't you cover up? Just because there is no law requiring you, you are not stopped from covering up. So, you have chosen not to wear hijab.
موضوع حجاب یک موضوع شخصی است هرکس دوست داشت بپوشد هرکس دوست نداشت نپوشد
نه بزور حجاب سرکسی باید کرد نه بزور حجاب را در اورد
حالا احمقانه باشد یا نباشد
کسی که حجاب میپوشد به خودش مربوط است چنانکه خیلی از کارها از نظر من و شما احمقانه هست ایا می بایستی به خودمان این حق را بدهیم که در کارهای انها دخالت کنیم ؟
همچنین مثالی که زدید قیاس مع الفارق است
گفتید خوب مرد هم باید موهایش را بپوشاند
اینطوری بخواهیم روی موضوع قضاوت کنیم پس می بایستی سینه مردو زن هم یکی باشد یعنی اگر زن سینه های خودش را می پوشاند مرد هم می بایستی
سینه های خودش را بپوشاند
ولی من و شما اگر با شرت بدون تی شیرت بروم بیرون از صد تا دختر یکی هم شهوتی نمیشه
ولی اگر یک زن مخصوصا زنی که سینه های ابداری داشته باشد با شرت خالی بیاد بیرون هزار تارا هوسی میکنه
عمو چیچی میگی