English Premier League 2017-18 Fixtures , Rumours, News , Transfers , Match Updates [R]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2002
Mkhitaryan - 5 assists this year for Manchester United
3 assists on his Arsenal Debut

Mourinho - making great attacking players shit and playing them in entirely the wrong position... all his career.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Mkhitaryan - 5 assists this year
3 assists on his Arsenal Debut

Mourinho - making great attacking players shit and playing them in entirely the wrong position... all his career.
I am happy that Mkhitryan is at Arsenal but as long as Arsen Wenger is the manager, they will be in the same position. He will find a way to screw that up as well, just give him time and believe in Wenger's awesome ability to shit the bed. is beyond me how the Arsenal board have not sacked this guy yet. The last straw was the Swansea game, that defensive back line was atrocious. Arsenal is currently sitting at 6th place, bye bye CL, hello Europa. Before I would used to say that we play not to lose vs the good teams but play to win vs the bad and mediocre teams. We beat the 10th place team 5-1 Everton and that is cause for celebration these days. You see why I am focusing on Bayern Munchen these days? Honestly, I have been keeping up with the EPL but I have not bee watching, like I religiously would before.

Nov 29, 2002
I am happy that Mkhitryan is at Arsenal but as long as Arsen Wenger is the manager, they will be in the same position. He will find a way to screw that up as well, just give him time and believe in Wenger's awesome ability to shit the bed. is beyond me how the Arsenal board have not sacked this guy yet. The last straw was the Swansea game, that defensive back line was atrocious. Arsenal is currently sitting at 6th place, bye bye CL, hello Europa. Before I would used to say that we play not to lose vs the good teams but play to win vs the bad and mediocre teams. We beat the 10th place team 5-1 Everton and that is cause for celebration these days. You see why I am focusing on Bayern Munchen these days? Honestly, I have been keeping up with the EPL but I have not bee watching, like I religiously would before.
I disagree with you completely.

I think Wenger should have a statue and a lifetime coaching post at Arsenal. He has taken a club which was playing the most boring football and was mid-table in the mid-1990s to one which plays nice football and has been consistently in the top 4 apart from one season. A club which has had comparatively less money to spend than its rivals especially in the post-Abramovich/sheikh mansour era, who have also been paying off a huge stadium.

When he leaves I have no doubt they will sink to where their default position is, which will be around 10-12th position on average. I genuinely find it unbelievable that even now after 2 decades, people don't value what he has done and is doing, at the club year-on-year.

If I were an Arsenal fan I would worship the ground he walks on, he has made them relevant for 2 decades. Once he leaves, I really hope they get relegated (which I genuinely think is possible) so that those namak nashnas Arsenal fans who don't value consistency and investment into a club's grassroots get their due.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^Fourth place is not an EPL Trophy my friend. I have mentioned that before, from a business standpoint, Arsenal usually consistently qualifies for the CL and makes it to the second round. If you are content with 4th place and a 2nd round exit in the CL league then so be it, this year we might not even qualify for THAT. Arsene Wenger has been the manager now since 1996 and at first we were great but our last EPL trophy was back in 03-04, I was still a senior in college. 15 years and no EPL title come on man.
All I am saying is we are NOT the same team that we used to be, take a look at this year 6th place now we might possibly not be in the CL. It is more than just playing an attractive style of football which btw I kind of disagree because against the good teams, if we score a goal, Arsene Wenger will be content with the tie and get the points.
I have spoken to people in North London and this is what most Arsenal fans think. I'm not saying he is completely garbage but I think a change is necessary. Of course it is not ALL 100% on Wenger, our board, even before the previous owners would not spend as much money on transfers, as the other big EPL clubs. However, overall I think change is necessary if we end up in Europa this year, I think that might be the ticket. We need to do more than just sign players, we need to develop our farm system. Look at Bayern, Mats Hummels was a Bayern youth. Like most big clubs, they sign stars but Bayern also utilizes their farm system, probably better than any club in Europe. We need to use the Bayern Munchen business plan. I respectfully disagree with you on this.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
^^Fourth place is not an EPL Trophy my friend. .

Arsenal are a 10-12th place team as default, they have been massively overachieving under Wenger and as a result the expectations of some fans is hugely unrealistic. If you think they have the resources to win EPL trophy then I can't help you. When he leaves, Arsenal will go down very badly. Bookmark this post for 3-4 years from now,

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Arsenal are a 10-12th place team as default, they have been massively overachieving under Wenger and as a result the expectations of some fans is hugely unrealistic. If you think they have the resources to win EPL trophy then I can't help you. When he leaves, Arsenal will go down very badly. Bookmark this post for 3-4 years from now,
I mentioned in the previous post that it is not all 100% his fault and we do not spend as much as the big boys so I will give him that. I happen to agree with you that Arsenal fans have unrealistic expectations and should be a middle of the road 10-12th place team. He works with what he has so you can't fault Wenger for that. I just would like to see strategical him be more aggressive, when we get a lead. You can't deny that he does that at times, he becomes passive and Arsenal doesn't attack, when they are up, like they should be doing. If he changes just that one little thing, I think Arsenal can be more successful and at least compete with the big boys, be in the top 4 and competitive.

Nov 29, 2002
Arsenal have been in the top 4 pretty much for 20 years. They have consistently outperformed their local rivals Tottenham who are actually a bigger club than them historically in London. I would say they are still among the big boys, and they have Wenger to thank for that. As I said, when he is gone, they will sink.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well, I agree with most of what you said and have a different perspective but I still do not think we are in the upper echilon of the big boys. We are in that territory where we are not quite a second tier team but not elite by any stretch of the imagination. Elite teams are not playing in Europa or get bounced out in the 2nd round of the CL. When I think of Elite teams in Europe: I think of Chelsea, $hitty, Man U, Liverpool, Tottenham, in Germany Bayern, in Spain, Real(Not this year but overall), Barce, Athletico, in Italy Juve and in Germany Bayern Munchen. I do not put Arsenal in that same category as those teams. You bring some valid points though, what we need to do is have new ownership, what do Americans know about football, they call it "Soccer." Stan Kroenke—ran the Rams to the ground(NFL team) for the longest time, until they moved to LA and they started being competitive. He is a real dooshbag and I have tweaked my original thoughts. It's not Arsen Wenger who needs to go, it's Stan Kroenke. I am sure you will agree with me on that one.

Nov 29, 2002
It's not Arsen Wenger who needs to go, it's Stan Kroenke. I am sure you will agree with me on that one.
I agree with you on that!

And its always good to have different perspectives compared to other people :) Just because I am confident about my opinion, doesn't mean i'm right. I could be completely wrong in my thoughts about Wenger. He could be a cancer for the club so that when he leaves Arsenal wins the EPL trophy non-stop for consecutive years. I could be wrong

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Henrik Mkhitaryan might be just the boost that Arsenal needs very interesting and cool article. In just one game, he equals Alexis Sanchez assist tally. Personally I am happy Sanchez is gone, personally I think the guy is overrated and he is a head case, he has attitude problems. Jose good luck dealing with that basket case you can have him Man U, we will take our dud bro Mkhitaryan.
http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/03/henrikh-mkhitaryan-takes-just-one-game-equal-alexis-sanchez-assist-tally-7284977/

Status
Not open for further replies.