South Korea, the world’s most successful country

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
This is how it was, and this is the reality of the same country today.
Good or bad, I dont know.... though the reality is not for denying!

FAREED ZAKARIA
....."The country had no natural resources, no geographic advantages, a largely illiterate population and a physical infrastructure that had been battered during the war. It faced the menace of North Korea, then staunchly supported by the world’s other superpower, the Soviet Union and China, which had sent millions of soldiers to defeat it in the Korean War".....

The achievement is all the more impressive when you consider where it started. Half a century ago, South Korea was one of the poorest countries on the planet, and nobody would have predicted that it would conjure up an economic miracle. In 1960, its per capita GDP was $158, slightly less than Ghana’s. Today it is over $27,000, almost 20 times that of Ghana.
But poverty only begins to describe South Korea’s woes as it emerged from the Korean War.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If the revolution hadn't happened, we'd been there with them too, if not ahead of them.

Look at Iraq and Afghanistan in around half a century.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Arash T and Sly jan you guys are both right. Oh and Fareed Zakaria has his show on Sunday at 7:AM PST and it repeats later on. I usually get up to watch GPS because he has insightful tings to say about varions issues.

I am sure that if Iran would not have had the revolution, they would have surpassed R.O.K's G.D.P.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, I think both Iraq and Afghanistan would take over Iran soon. just a matter of time.
Well mate I am not sure about Afghanistan for two reasons. 1-They don't have oil like Iraq and they have the Taliban to worry about. Iraq has the second most untapped oil in the world, there is a reason why GWB zoomed in on Iraq, Saddam was an excuse.

Under the right leadership, Iraq can flourish, already Kurdistan region of Iraq is booming. It's only a matter of time before Iraq's GDP outshines Iran.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Well mate I am not sure about Afghanistan for two reasons. 1-They don't have oil like Iraq and they have the Taliban to worry about. Iraq has the second most untapped oil in the world, there is a reason why GWB zoomed in on Iraq, Saddam was an excuse.

Under the right leadership, Iraq can flourish, already Kurdistan region of Iraq is booming. It's only a matter of time before Iraq's GDP outshines Iran.
Oil is the MOTHER OF ALL PROBLEMS ... I really wish Iran never had oil.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Oil is the MOTHER OF ALL PROBLEMS ... I really wish Iran never had oil.
Yep, take a look at Turkey's GDP, they have surpassed us. They do not have any oil so their economy is doing well.

Turkey's GDP$2.25 trillion (PPP, 2018) $905.716 billion (Nominal, 2018)GDP rank 17th (nominal) / 13th (PPP)GDP growth 6.7% (2010-2016 avg.) 11.1% (Q3 2017)GDP per capita,$27,634 (PPP, 2018) $11,124 (Nominal, 2018). When you have something that the west or Russia want, oil, you are screwed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Turkey

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
where Iran is positioned is also the issue not just having so much oil; We could be as far as Afghanistan and very same problems follow us.
So background and the people seem to be the deciding factor.

May 9, 2004
این که بگیم اگر انقلاب نشده بود الان ما مثل کره جنوبی بودیم
مثل این است که مثلا بگوییم اگر کودتا ضد مصدق نشده بود ما الان مثل ژاپن بودیم
هیچ ربط منطقی نداره
با اگر و اما نمیشه تحلیل کرد که ما اگر این نشده بود چه میشدیم اگر ان نشده بود چه شده بودیم

حالا من مطمئا هستم اگر انقلاب شکست خورده بود
باز یک عده می امدند و میگفتند اخ اگر سال 79 انقلاب پروز شده بو ما الان ژاپن بودیم
مثل فوتبال ما
اگر داور پنالتی گرفته بو ما با ارژانتین رفته بودیم دور دوم
اگر دفاع مسی رو زده بود ان گل دقیقه 90 رو نمی خوردیم کره ای ها یکی از بیشترین افرادی هستند که مدام کار میکنند
پشتکارشان دست کمی از زاپنی ها ندارد
مثل المانی ها منظم هم هستند
ایرانی ها نه به ان شکل منظم هستند نه خیلی کار کن هستند یارو میخواد یه دیوار را بلنایی کنه تا چهارتا قوری چای نخوره
و شش تا پاکت سیگار نکشه کار نمیکنه
نه سر موقع کار میکنند نه تا اخر وقت کار میکنند نیم ساعت به پایان کار مشغول جمع کردن وسایلشون میشن
هر کسی هم برای خودش فکر میکنه مهندس کله و همه باید حرف اون رو قبول کنند
یکدست کار نمیکنند
و خیلی مشکلات دیگه
هر وقت انسان ایرانی رو از کودکی مثل کره ای با همت کار بار اوردند
هر وقت انسان ایرانی رو از کودکی منظم مثل المانها بار اوردند
اونوقت انقلاب بشه نشه جنگ بشه نشه مثل کره میشیم و بهتر
اگر امریکا با بمب اتم اصفهان و شیراز رو در سال 45 بجای ناکازاکی و هیروشیما زده بود
ما تا قرن 30 میلادی همین ححرف رو تکرار میکردیم گه اگر ان جنگ اتمی بر علیه ما نشده بود الان مثل فلان کشور بودیم
اگر بجای ویران کردن شهرهای المان و با خاک یکسان کردن تمام کارخانه های صنعتی المان
روسها و امریکایی ها تهران و شیراز و اصفهان و تبریز رو با خاک یکسان کرده بودن تا دو هزار سال بعد میگفتیم اگر دوهزار سال پیش
شهرهای ما رو با خاک یکسان نکرده بودند الان پیشرفته ترین کشور دنیا بودیم
بابا 1400 سال پیش به ایران حمله کردند هنوز که هنوزه میگن اگر اعراب به ایران حمله نکرده بودن الان ما اله بودیبم و بله بودیم
اگر مغول حمله نکرده بود چه و چه بودیم
تنبلی و بی نظمی خودمون رو همیشه به گردن این و ان می اندازیم

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Actually, was about to write exactly the same sentence and thanks that comrade charmahal!
What Gulag were you held up in ?
CacharMahel Arash T says Comrade to everyone like he like to use the word Haji I do not think he is a commie but funny response, lmao @ gulag aka Russian slang for "Permanent Ski Vactaion."

Pooya I was about to post that one problem is we had oil but the other problem is in Iranian society, some believe there are no problems. What can you do as a society if a good portion of the people think this way? Having too much oil is just one variable factor, there is more than one.