Winter Olympics 2018 - Canada stunned by Germany....

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Now... this is what I LUV!!
Deutschland Über alles!

For the second consecutive game (first Sweden), Germany knocked off a heavily-favored opponent on Friday.
right ey.......Germany will play its first ever ice hockey final on Saturday against the OA from Russia.

What a sec. goal by germany, sweet!!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@arash T just for your refrence, Deutschland Deutschland uber, allies, uber allies in der welt, that line and the first two verse sare Nazi. Only this part is German anthem. I saw the game I was so happy after 12 tries the Germans won 4-3 well done gentlemen next game Germany v OAR-either way I win, prost.Also what an epic battle between 15 year old phenom Alana Zagitova barely beating out Evgina Medeveda by 1.31 pts. Good sportsmanship as well.
German Anthem. Das Deutschlandlied-verse 3

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach lasst uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
|: Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, deutsches Vaterland!

Nazi anthem. Verse 1 and 2

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt,
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt!

Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Uns zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang.
|: Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang

^^If you are ever in Germany, don't sing this part lmao. Well done my brothers, well done, prost!

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
NHL not releasing player was the most stupid decision ever ...

@TeamMeli can you please explain in 1 sentence, what was the purpose of your post above? what value did it add? how was it related to the original post?
Well I will talk about the game but in one sentence, to make sure people don't say Deutschland uber allies because that is offensive to Germans and they will think you are a Nazi I got nicely corrected by one of my country women I did not know that as well, very common mistake.

Other than that I watched the game and it was very competitive, I am extremely happy Germany pulled off the upset after 12 consecutive tries. Lang lebe Deutschland the finals vs OAR should be very competitive ,they beat Czech Republic who beat USA in a penalty shoot out, either way I am happy.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
@arash T just for your refrence, Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Nazi anthem. Verse 1 and 2 ..................
Nein, nein....falsch, why should everything be about nazis?
Nein, nein, das ist Deutschlands Hymn, "Kaisers Hymne", "Good quality Franz den Kaiser" composed by Joseph Haydn.
To me is like when you tell "I love you more than anything" to your loved ones!
The tune was stolen by the Nazi, but it has returned to the rightful owners once again!

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
NHL not releasing player was the most stupid decision ever ...

@TeamMeli can you please explain in 1 sentence, what was the purpose of your post above? what value did it add? how was it related to the original post?
I know, I know.... there are other nations that have made the same mistake before, but Winter Olympic Hockey is yet again interesting to watch, Hockey is not USA, Finland, Russia, Sweden or Canada anymore.
Wow, what a final between Germany vs OA from Russia ..... lol #OAR

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I know, I know.... there are other nations that have made the same mistake before, but Winter Olympic Hockey is yet again interesting to watch, Hockey is not USA, Finland, Russia, Sweden or Canada anymore.
Wow, what a final between Germany vs OA from Russia ..... lol #OAR

I agree homie and I think Olympics should remain for amateurs. You should not have NHL players for your hockey team.

Olympic Hockey is fun again because it is competitive, every team has a shot now. That is why the Germans were able to finally beat the Canadians, those Beers look very tasty prost man. Hopefully Germany prevails but I would be just as happy if "OA" Russia wins, what a load of Bolshevik everyone cheats, see Marion Jones and Justin Gatlin, why didn't Merica get punished? Double standard, Ruskies are easy targets.

The thing is the Russians have been here before the Germans haven't so i would like to see a new team win, lang liebe Deutschland go get em boys.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Nein, nein....falsch, why should everything be about nazis?
Nein, nein, das ist Deutschlands Hymn, "Kaisers Hymne", "Good quality Franz den Kaiser" composed by Joseph Haydn.
To me is like when you tell "I love you more than anything" to your loved ones!
The tune was stolen by the Nazi, but it has returned to the rightful owners once again!

Ja mein bruder Deutschland Uber allies ist NSDAP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutschlandlied

Since World War II and the fall of Nazi Germany, only the third stanza has been used as the national anthem. The stanza's beginning, "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit" ("Unity and Justice and Freedom") is considered the unofficial national motto of Germany,

I agree with you it was STOLEN by Nazis and the tune was replaced but we only sing the 3rd verse. I know Hayden wrote the anthem.

Not only those bastards stole our anthem but they stole our March, PruBens Gloria Goostepping or piercing step, not Nazi, btw.

Once again I'm just happy WE WON, that is the main thing I just care about everyone here and don't want anything bad to happen to anyone, prost.

I have a feeling though "OA" Russia is going to take the glory though they handled a very good Czech team, it's going to be a great finals. Either way I win.

Last edited: