Ali Karimi's IFF conflict is escalating

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Once again, even Trump gets accused of corruption; Quiroz is no higher than trump on the food chain. Anyone is any office could be asked questions or even get accused. Even more likely for a contractor, It's a norm.
Karimi didn't ask Quiroz what he gets paid, he asks IFF what do they pay him as contractor (including WC %)
from the getgo Karimi was after IFF until Quiroz mobarak landed his ass on Karimis' case. I must say Quiroz's assistants gave him the wrong vibe & advice; they possibly thought they could squash karimi right there by coming strong and insults and backfired; am sure coach is upset of this. Quiroz's response is unlike him and more like typical approach of IR to put out fire.

I may have a thick skull but if you grow some sense then we can level.

He accused Carlos Q of corruption and questioned his integrity and commitment live on TV and you are telling me to grow some thick skin ,rather have thick skin than a thick skull like legend Karimi .

Nov 29, 2002
Something I don't understand is many football experts in Iran, accusing CQ of not getting an Iranian coach so he could learn from him and use and transfer his knowledge after he's gone. Ferdosipour was asking him about this before the last WC, many others and now Karimi have accused him of that as well. But where do these people think poor Markar Aghajanian come from? He has been with CQ for years!!! Don't they count him as an Iranian since he's Armenian or simply because he's not included in their mafia gang? Doesn't a coach get to select someone he himself feels most comfortable with?
These people aren't exactly stalwarts of intelligence. the so-called genius amongst them, ferdosipour, spends so much time playing on his phone, looking furtively at daro divar like an ADHD kid on meth when he is talking to people that I'm not surprised he has missed the fact that there is an iranian coach well integrated into the set up already.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Once again, even Trump gets accused of corruption; Quiroz is no higher than trump on the food chain. Anyone is any office could be asked questions or even get accused. Even more likely for a contractor, It's a norm.
Karimi didn't ask Quiroz what he gets paid, he asks IFF what do they pay him as contractor (including WC %)
from the getgo Karimi was after IFF until Quiroz mobarak landed his ass on Karimis' case. I must say Quiroz's assistants gave him the wrong vibe & advice; they possibly thought they could squash karimi right there by coming strong and insults and backfired; am sure coach is upset of this. Quiroz's response is unlike him and more like typical approach of IR to put out fire.

I may have a thick skull but if you grow some sense then we can level.
I think you have a problem reading posts , I did not refer to you as the one with thick skull but your legend Karimi , you want to go back and read my post again .
Do not make it personal .

I go and try and grow some sense and hope to reach your level ? yeah right ...thanks for your advice.

Do you mind not addressing me or my posts that I write to other members ? it seems we don't see eye to eye and best we keep out of each other's way .

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
These people aren't exactly stalwarts of intelligence. the so-called genius amongst them, ferdosipour, spends so much time playing on his phone, looking furtively at daro divar like an ADHD kid on meth when he is talking to people that I'm not surprised he has missed the fact that there is an iranian coach well integrated into the set up already.
I think they are much more intelligent than you and I think they are. They see things into details. In fact maybe they see things too much into the details, not to miss a thing. The real problem I think is the usual my gang/your gang culture in Iran, specially in football. They just want someone who's in their own system to get there with CQ. Any other person doesn't count.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Last edited:

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
karimi could have been the iranian version of mo if he was smarter,less lazy and had any drive in him..

First of all his name is Mohammad, not Mo.

Second, Salah is still trying to reach the level of Ali Karimi, who played in one of the best clubs in the world in Bayern. Karimi, was unlucky to receive a ankle injury which limited his abilities, and cost him his spot. Had that not happened he would have had a good European career as well.

Salah plays in a second tier club, don't forget it.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
What is still interesting for me, is that all our star players are still part of the "establishment" i.e. any small rebellions hasn't impacted them too much..

We don't have anyone like the Hubails:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...star-arrested-in-crackdown-still-in-detention

Or Turkey's Daei Hakan Sukur who can't even step in Turkey:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/18/hakan-sukur-turkey-fallen-hero-exile

Imagine if that happened for Ali Daei!

I know this is controversial to say, but Iranians are more motivated by money than our neighbours. Just my observation.
It's easy to criticize. Remember that our star players are people too, with families that all live in Iran. Things are not as simple as you are making them seem.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

Second, Salah is still trying to reach the level of Ali Karimi, who played in one of the best clubs in the world in Bayern. Karimi, was unlucky to receive a ankle injury which limited his abilities, and cost him his spot. Had that not happened he would have had a good European career as well.

The only top club getting Iranians was Bayern. At first glance they were impressed by them, specially by Daei and Karimi. But all in all, none of them had a good career at Bayern and eventually soon they were let go. They were not impressive and the Bayern fans do not have a good experience with any of the Iranian players.

Salah on the other hand is one of a great club's best players. They can not even be compared.

Having said that, I agree with Playboy about Karimi. He had the talent to become one of the top 5 players in the world. If he had taken Atletico's offer when he was 21 years old, he could have reached places. He blew it and finally went to a league (Bundesliga) that didn't even suit his style. IMO his style got destroyed there whereas in Spain he could have unleashed it and become one of the top players in the world.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
The only top club getting Iranians was Bayern. At first glance they were impressed by them, specially by Daei and Karimi. But all in all, none of them had a good career at Bayern and eventually soon they were let go. They were not impressive and the Bayern fans do not have a good experience with any of the Iranian players.

Salah on the other hand is one of a great club's best players. They can not even be compared.

Having said that, I agree with Playboy about Karimi. He had the talent to become one of the top 5 players in the world. If he had taken Atletico's offer when he was 21 years old, he could have reached places. He blew it and finally went to a league (Bundesliga) that didn't even suit his style. IMO his style got destroyed there whereas in Spain he could have unleashed it and become one of the top players in the world.

Not a lot of people know or talk about this, but one of the main reasons you don't see Iranian players in European clubs is because of US sanctions which prohibit them from being insurable. Similar to Samsung not giving Iranian Olympic athletes mobile phones, Iranian athletes cannot be insured by US insurance and more importantly given the value of the deal (millions of dollars) reinsurance companies. There are few large reinsurance companies, many of which are US based. Even in a deal with multiple insurers, which is normal because the risk is large and most likely is divided, if there is even one US reinsurer they will prohibit the inclusion of Iranian players receiving insurance for that team. So the point is it is much more difficult for Iranians to join European clubs. I suspect this is one of the reasons we see don't see Iranian players in the top division of England, France, Spain, Italy, because the use of US based reinsurers is more common there.

To address your point, under the difficult circumstances that iranians have to deal with we have been very successful in the past and played for the top club in Germany and one of the best in the world. Liverpool is not a great club right now. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that liverpool has a better team than the one Karimi played on or even the current Bayern team.

If you put Salah in Karimis shoes, he probably wouldn't get that Liverpool deal (sanctions), and he would not be getting as much playing time in Bayern as he is in Liverpool. And don't forget Karimi played in the majority of Bayerns games and did well, prior to his injury.

So Salah has not shown that he is better than Karimi yet. Salah has done well for himself in a smaller club with less competition for his position. Their situations cannot be compared.

As for German fans. Nothing more than a bunch of racists who supported Ballack over Karimi because he was German. Had Karimi been German, Ballack would have lost his position.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
It's called mindless vs. mindfully presentl!!! LOL. great observation. I despise that about him. In front of millions he tries to portray that he's smart and tritatasks (vs. multi) etc etc..it's very annoying but am sure average Iranian viewer don't mind. They just not aware of quality of being present and its importance.

He's not negotiating a complex deal to be so distracted at all times.. fucking sit back and 'zol bezan 2 kamera' mothafucker

Great post.. shouldn't a team go around their insurance co. and get someone if they really want to and insure through 3rd party insurance? I would imagine so.

Not a lot of people know or talk about this, but one of the main reasons you don't see Iranian players in European clubs is because of US sanctions which prohibit them from being insurable. Similar to Samsung not giving Iranian Olympic athletes mobile phones, Iranian athletes cannot be insured by US insurance and more importantly given the value of the deal (millions of dollars) reinsurance companies. There are few large reinsurance companies, many of which are US based. Even in a deal with multiple insurers, which is normal because the risk is large and most likely is divided, if there is even one US reinsurer they will prohibit the inclusion of Iranian players receiving insurance for that team. So the point is it is much more difficult for Iranians to join European clubs. I suspect this is one of the reasons we see don't see Iranian players in the top division of England, France, Spain, Italy, because the use of US based reinsurers is more common there.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

To address your point, under the difficult circumstances that iranians have to deal with we have been very successful in the past and played for the top club in Germany and one of the best in the world. Liverpool is not a great club right now. Nobody in their right mind would suggest that liverpool has a better team than the one Karimi played on or even the current Bayern team.

If you put Salah in Karimis shoes, he probably wouldn't get that Liverpool deal (sanctions), and he would not be getting as much playing time in Bayern as he is in Liverpool. And don't forget Karimi played in the majority of Bayerns games and did well, prior to his injury.

So Salah has not shown that he is better than Karimi yet. Salah has done well for himself in a smaller club with less competition for his position. Their situations cannot be compared.

As for German fans. Nothing more than a bunch of racists who supported Ballack over Karimi because he was German. Had Karimi been German, Ballack would have lost his position.
Not only that, it's also for the money the clubs can gain from each player they sign. When they get a Japanese or a Korean player, they will sell shit loads of jerseys in their respective countries, in addition to gaining money for lots of ads, etc. In a country like Iran where only piracy and no copy rights exist, that is not beneficial to the clubs. These are all known facts, yet there are clubs signing Iranian players purely for their talents.

Karimi was the choice of Magath himself who was the coach in Bayern at the time. He liked Karimi a lot and in addition to that, Karimi's agent made a smart clause in his contract where a certain amount of playing time was included. If he didn't get at least that much playing time during the first season, he was free to leave Bayern. Of course Magath would play him often in different games and to be honest Karimi did play well in most of them. But all in all, he did not turn out to be the effective player Bayern were looking for. Let's face it, if Karimi had turned out to be "the" player Bayern were after, they would have prolonged his contract despite his injury. A small injury is not a reason a club let their "high" effective player leave like that. It was to the extent that even Magath who liked Karimi a lot, started talking shit about him in the end, saying: he hasn't even learned German after 2 years yet and it's difficult having him around. Of course a cheap excuse to the media, not admitting that he was wrong about Karimi.

Now don't get me wrong. Karimi was a huge talent but his style was more suitable for Spain than for Bundesliga and he should have gone to Europe much earlier in his career when he had the chance. Going to Bundesliga at that age, was never gonna bring him the international career he could and should have had.

Salah on the other hand has changed between clubs like Chelsea, Roma and now Liverpool. It's safe to say he's a proven quality player that such high profile clubs continue to sign him up! There is no comparison between him and Karimi really.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Yes Salah is different breed and proven, Karimi failed to make a huge statement like some elite NBA players who never made it to finals or won championship.

I love languages even dated a german but SOB a very difficult and no so interesting one; Karimi in the country should have given ita better effort.. but then again his personal priorities. Money and fame was his priorities I believe.

Nov 29, 2002

?????????

1) His name in the EPL is Mo Salah, in the same way that UK has Mo Farah the olympic champion marathon runner. Your comment is like saying that Mahdavikia should have always been called Mahdavikia not Kia which was like a shortened version. I've never seen anyone on British TV or in interviews speak to him as "mohammad" salah as you are saying.

2) And even if they did choose the longer version of his name, they would call him "Mohamed", not "Mohammad" which is the version that he uses on his papers. So you're kinda wrong there too agha.

3) Salah is in a second tier club. WTF???

bebakhshid agha, respect all your posts but i don't think i've ever disagreed with so many aspects of a post before.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
yes but you also said under EPL which wasn't the case.. I am just sayin, am all for mo and nothing mo'.

Granted a quick read I thought you meant under official EPL.. yeah he prolly dont mind to be called Mo informally.

I am watching Gilligan Island.

As i say in point 2, in the official documents but everyone refers to him as Mo in practice.

I'm watching MOTD now.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2002
yes but you also said under EPL which wasn't the case.. I am just sayin, am all for mo and nothing mo'.

Granted a quick read I thought you meant under official EPL.. yeah he prolly dont mind to be called Mo informally.

I am watching Gilligan Island.
Yes official EPL was my second point.

As I said in the first point, his colleagues, the media etc... call him Mo. On MOTD which i am watching now he is Mo. On his passport he is Mohamed.

Damet garm

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I love languages even dated a german but SOB a very difficult and no so interesting one; Karimi in the country should have given ita better effort.. but then again his personal priorities. Money and fame was his priorities I believe.
Karimi's problem was not even about language dude. As said, Magath used that as a bad excuse. If he really was the player they wanted, who would care about how much German he could speak? Come on...

Karimi was just not the right player for Bayern.