FIFA day matches (March 2018)

Feb 4, 2005
Ezzatollahi, Milad, Seyed Jalal and PAG are badly needed for every single game. I think at the moment Vorya is a much better option than Rezayian whose form unfortunately declined in the last year or so. Based on current form and considering Ezzat will be out for first game I think we should go with this line up against Morocco:

Beiranvand, Vorya, Seyyed, PAG, Milad, Jahanbakhsh, Ebrahimi, Ghoddoos, Hajsafi, Amiri, Karim (or Sardar)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ezzatollahi, Milad, Seyed Jalal and PAG are badly needed for every single game. I think at the moment Vorya is a much better option than Rezayian whose form unfortunately declined in the last year or so. Based on current form and considering Ezzat will be out for first game I think we should go with this line up against Morocco:

Beiranvand, Vorya, Seyyed, PAG, Milad, Jahanbakhsh, Ebrahimi, Ghoddoos, Hajsafi, Amiri, Karim (or Sardar)
I agree with the defense. Everyone keeps saying we have at least 2-3 players in each position. I fail to see that in the defense line.

I have to say I think it was a mistake by CQ to exclude Abdollahzadeh. Maybe he would have been a better option to replace Ezzatollahi than both Ebrahimi and Karimi. How is Teymourian doing these days by the way?

Also I think Amiri is way overrated nowadays. He's too slow and not effective at all. I don't know what CQ sees in this dude since he keeps playing him. I do hope one of Taremi, Ansarifarda or Rezaei will take the left position instead of Amiri.

Last but not least, I think it was so good that Shojaei was finally invited to TM. but if he gets left out one more time, I would at least have a clear conscience but would not complain about it!

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
my take on the game

1- We lost the match in battle of midfield.
we use to put 6-7 passes together, before finishing. Yesterday we were errupted after 2-3 passes.

2- This match showed once again that: Both Seyed Jalal and Ezzatolahi har ireplacable.
We may be able to fill out Seyed Jalal, but classy defensive midfilder is THE MOST rare position among Iranian talents. Ali Karimi is better than Ebrahimi, but both are head and shoulder below Ezzatolahi.

3- Milad did a great job on the left back side, and could do little at the owen goal after Beiravand's poor clearance. On the right back side Ramin was 100% crap.

4- It is about time for CQ to realize, he must build his team around the playermaker JB. In order to do so Alireza must play every minut of every single friendlies, and it doesn't help the matter when he is subbed in 75th min.

5- I am sure if Sardar and Taremi were able to play, sure things had changed.

6- The Mesri ref, kept sucking north african brotherhood cock for the whole 93 min.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
my take on the game

1- We lost the match in battle of midfield.
we use to put 6-7 passes together, before finishing. Yesterday we were errupted after 2-3 passes.

2- This match showed once again that: Both Seyed Jalal and Ezzatolahi har ireplacable.
We may be able to fill out Seyed Jalal, but classy defensive midfilder is THE MOST rare position among Iranian talents. Ali Karimi is better than Ebrahimi, but both are head and shoulder below Ezzatolahi.

3- Milad did a great job on the left back side, and could do little at the owen goal after Beiravand's poor clearance. On the right back side Ramin was 100% crap.

4- It is about time for CQ to realize, he must build his team around the playermaker JB. In order to do so Alireza must play every minut of every single friendlies, and it doesn't help the matter when he is subbed in 75th min.

5- I am sure if Sardar and Taremi were able to play, sure things had changed.

6- The Mesri ref, kept sucking north african brotherhood cock for the whole 93 min.
Poor clearance?! That was a great save from point blank range dude, just bad luck, he did very well to get his hands to it.
Compare that to the opponent's keeper on our free kick but he was lucky Karim just couldn't get there to put it in his net.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I agree with the defense. Everyone keeps saying we have at least 2-3 players in each position. I fail to see that in the defense line.

I have to say I think it was a mistake by CQ to exclude Abdollahzadeh. Maybe he would have been a better option to replace Ezzatollahi than both Ebrahimi and Karimi. How is Teymourian doing these days by the way?

Also I think Amiri is way overrated nowadays. He's too slow and not effective at all. I don't know what CQ sees in this dude since he keeps playing him. I do hope one of Taremi, Ansarifarda or Rezaei will take the left position instead of Amiri.

Last but not least, I think it was so good that Shojaei was finally invited to TM. but if he gets left out one more time, I would at least have a clear conscience but would not complain about it!
I gave you a like for your Abdulahzadeh comment, I also think he is a tough nut and a wizard, I like his attitude.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Poor clearance?! That was a great save from point blank range dude, just bad luck, he did very well to get his hands to it.
Compare that to the opponent's keeper on our free kick but he was lucky Karim just couldn't get there to put it in his net.
Maybe "poor" was a bad choise of word, but i believe He should p0unch the ball away and not to a direct rebound.
Ter Stegen had the same problem comming from Germany to Barca. He saved, but his save became mostly assists for rebound.
Barca trained him almost for a year, and his clearance got improved.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Maybe "poor" was a bad choise of word, but i believe He should p0unch the ball away and not to a direct rebound.
Ter Stegen had the same problem comming from Germany to Barca. He saved, but his save became mostly assists for rebound.
Barca trained him almost for a year, and his clearance got improved.
I know what you are saying But some shot like that one are just too close and too hard and there is not a lot of time to deal with it, you do well if you can get any touch on it.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
All I say is Seyd Jalal!
He definitely is one of the best, if not the best along with PAG, that we got there. He is someone you can trust and depend on at all the times.
However, that being said, he was easily beaten by Al-sad's Baghdad(i) and EsEs' Mame Baba Tiam with a similar move both resulting in goals.
He is gonna face that Baghdad guy when playing Algeria, let see if he has improved on that weakness.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005

If everyone is in shape and healthy I think we will see a close line up to yours against Algeria, at least for a half with one or two replacements.
IMHO we played our C/b team against Sierra-Leon, B/a team against Tunisia, and will have our A/b against Algeria, I think.

Regarding your proposed lineup, CQ might have Shojaei in place of Ghoddos for the first half (or Ashkan if he is heralthy and in a good shape) and have Ghoddos play on the left wing in place of Amiri, hence resolving your dilemma in regards to Taremi:).