FIFA day matches (March 2018)

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Beiranvand has been very solid today except the one exit on the goal from Algeria. Besides that I see him as getting better on the exits and 1-1. I hope he can adjust a bit more and become more solid on those exits especially with his height

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Beiranvand has been very solid today except the one exit on the goal from Algeria. Besides that I see him as getting better on the exits and 1-1. I hope he can adjust a bit more and become more solid on those exits especially with his height
Between you and me I asked him to let one in by leaving it late to exit on the cross so we can have Babr back to post about it.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Between you and me I asked him to let one in by leaving it late to exit on the cross so we can have Babr back to post about it.

Honestly he was solid last game and this game. On the one exit which they scored he was at fault but hey this is a friendly. I hope he learns from it. It seems he is getting more confidence and punching more balls and coming out more too. With his height, kick, body size, and throw he can be very special for us. He just needs to get better and stronger. I already see that happening which is very well. On most 1-1 situations he has been solid and extending his body and protecting us. The training camp and the two friendlies gave me good hope for TM and I hope this continues.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Good result, but I've watched ice melt in a more entertaining fashion than what these 2 teams put on display today!

It's a friendly man. Plus Iran did play pretty well with all the subs and the team meshing together. What else do you expect from them? Why don't you give credit instead of just always saying negative things about the team. If its so boring to you and not to your style then why even bother to watch a friendly???? These games are to make us a LITTLE better each time. To inch us closer to perfection. It's not a beauty contest or to present beautiful football. It's about results and what counts at the end of the day. You should just look at the Iranian team in those terms and not in terms of a team that's there to show beautiful football. I think we all agree at the end of the day its the results that matter.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
If I am not mistaken we have not had any good goalie when it comes to exits and aerial play in the six yard box (crosses, headers, etc) for past decade or two if not more.
Given how we get scored on today, and how CR7 scored twice late in their friendly against Egypt:

Question for everyone:

1) Goalies
So I was wondering given the current candidate for TM goalie position (Beiravand, Hosseini, Mazaheri, Abedzadeh jr, and also Lak and Haghighi) how do you rate each goalie as far as exits and aerial ball control in the box are concerned (not considering the one-on-one or long range shots, penalties, dives and reactions on the goal line, etc).

2)Defenders
How do you rate central defenders (Jalal Hosseini, Pour Ali Ganji, Khanzadeh, Cheshmi, Montazeri, M. Hosseini) in that regard only (aerial battles in general: timing and jumping high, accuracy, marking opponents target headers, etc)

Please feel free to add players if I missed anyone.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
From what I saw and what I read here, Beiranvand had another good game (except for that obvious mistake on exit resulting in Algeria's goal), which is very good news and hopefully he will improve in that area somehow (havenot seen him improve at club level for past few years).

But what was all that with time wasting and kneeling to pray at the end of the game?!! LOL! this is just a friendly! What you gonna do at WC then?!!

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Iran vs Algeria line up:
Both Sardar and Taremi among the start 11:
Beiravand / Vuria, Pejman, Khanzadeh, Aghaei / Ezatolahi, Ansarifard, Hajsafi, Jahanbakhsh / Azmoun, Taremi.

Kick off: 18:00 CET

ترکیب ایران: علیرضا بیرانوند، وریا غفوری، پژمان منتظری، محمدرضا خان‌زاده، سعید آقایی، سعید عزت‌اللهی، کریم انصاری‌فرد، احسان حاج‌صفی، علیرضا جهانبخش، سردار آزمون و مهدی طارمی
ترکیب الجزایر: فوزی شاوشی ، زین‌ الدین فرحات، عیسی ماندی، فاروق شافعی ، رامی بن سبعینی ، کارل مجانی، سلیم بوخنشوش و سفیان هانی ، ریاض محرز، العربی هلال سودانی و بغداد بونجاح
Very different line up than what I expected and I guess many other including some media outlets.

Man, gone are the days that you would know not only Branko's 11 (more or less) men at TM games but also his 2-3 subs and the time they would get subbed in! Back then TM basically consisted of 14-15 players!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
If I am not mistaken we have not had any good goalie when it comes to exits and aerial play in the six yard box (crosses, headers, etc) for past decade or two if not more.
Given how we get scored on today, and how CR7 scored twice late in their friendly against Egypt:

Question for everyone:

1) Goalies
So I was wondering given the current candidate for TM goalie position (Beiravand, Hosseini, Mazaheri, Abedzadeh jr, and also Lak and Haghighi) how do you rate each goalie as far as exits and aerial ball control in the box are concerned (not considering the one-on-one or long range shots, penalties, dives and reactions on the goal line, etc).

2)Defenders
How do you rate central defenders (Jalal Hosseini, Pour Ali Ganji, Khanzadeh, Cheshmi, Montazeri, M. Hosseini) in that regard only (aerial battles in general: timing and jumping high, accuracy, marking opponents target headers, etc)

I can just

Question for everyone:

1) Goalies

2)Defenders

I can only comment on Beiranvand, Hosseini and Mazaheri, none of them are flawless on exits but they all have the ability to get better and reduce their misjudgement to minimum.
We saw shmickel did exactly the same for his team and cost them the FA cup exist.

Feb 4, 2005
It will definitely be Beiranvand since no other keeper given the chance in last two matches and he (along with others) will continue to be the major problem on exits. Khoda khodesh be hagh moslem ibn aghil rahm koneh.

Montazeri never recovered after injury and is done. Lets hope PAG and Seyyed will be in top form comes June. Vorya at the moment is much better than Rezayian and the left back is Milad's.