Champions league 2017-18 | Road to Kiev (R)

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I have question to those who think Barca is *ALL* about Messi, so today you are quiet? No goals, No assist ! ????

I said this before, I say this again, Messi has off days, like today, however, the reason why Barca is a great team is, when he is OFF , others pickup !
This is why I believe Real is more dependent on CR than Barca is on Messi.

Football is "NEVER" about "1" Player, NEVER.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I have question to those who think Barca is *ALL* about Messi, so today you are quiet? No goals, No assist ! ????

I said this before, I say this again, Messi has off days, like today, however, the reason why Barca is a great team is, when he is OFF , others pickup !

Vala RM is all about Ronaldo ... without him they would have never won 2 CL in a row .... Football might not be about 1 person but you need clutch players like Messi and Ronaldo to win important games. These guys deliver man

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
Roma should have subbed a couple of midfielder with defenders to defend against their own back line. They were more effective than Messi. Reminds me of that old joke:
Ardebil vs. Argentina: Maradona kept dribbling around the Ardebil central defender, Hasani. He got so confused that every time he got the ball, he attacked his own goal. Finally, the coach had enough. He called all other defenders shouting: Goore babaye Maradona, yeki Hasani ro begire.

Last edited:

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Roma should have subbed a couple of midfielder with defenders to defend against their own back line. They were more effective than Messi. Reminds me of that old joke:
Ardebil vs. Argentina: Maradona kept dribbling around the Ardebil central defender, Hasani. He got so confused that every time he got the ball, he attacked his own goal. Finally, the coach had enough. He called all other defenders shouting: Goore babaye Maradona, yeki Hasani ro begire.
Hassani must have been a nick name for Ostad Asadi :)

گل بخودی استاد اسدی

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik

No, he has 6 teammates alongside him that understand football as well and understand to work for him. But those 6 teammates would not challenge for a title or play in CL semifinals without him. Give him other 10 teammates playing for him and feeding him properly, and he would achieve the same. He didn't assist a goal or score a goal, but the 1-0 came off a 1-2 he played with Iniesta, the 3-0 was a chance he created for Suarez and the 4-1 had also him involved. So..yes, he is not scoring as much anymore, but that's because nowadays he is more an 8 than a 9 or 10.

Vala RM is all about Ronaldo ... without him they would have never won 2 CL in a row .... Football might not be about 1 person but you need clutch players like Messi and Ronaldo to win important games. These guys deliver man
It helps to have decent midfielders.