Jamileh anyone?

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Anyone remembers Jamileh? The famous per-revolution dancer?

Of course I do not expect the younger generation or those raised abroad to have heard of her.

I personally was not a fan of her but it was interesting to see her after so long and happy to find her in a good health.

Just to help your memory here is an old clip of her in the movie Gol Pari Joon with Miri. Ahdiye is the singer of the song she is dancing to.

And here is a more colorful one:

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
don't know jamileh but like this one from the good old days.
she is such a natural entertainer.
would have made it on broadway too.

Good find!

Apparently her stage name is Shahrzad. Back in the day she performed on different movies.
In the above clip: she is dancing to Sosan's song on Qeysar,
below: she is dancing to Jamal Vafayi's song on Dash Akol.
Both movie were directed by Massoud Kimmiyayi. As you would notice on the clips Behrouz Vosoughi played on both movies as well.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Besides being a dancer, she was also actress and poet.
You can learn more about her and the hard life after revolution she has had in her own words recorded about ten years ago:

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
In addition to dancing in the cafes and the movies, she also had acting roles in the movies and live plays in the theaters.
However, her talents were not limited to dancing and acting: Shahrzad is one of Iran's first female directors. Pouri Banayi played in one of her movies where the main character of the story was a female.

It is interesting to know that she had also won some awards at Sepas festival (equivalent of Fajr festival).
Her poetry book titled با تشنگی پیر می‌شویم was praised by great poet Akhavan Sales.

As she mentioned in the clip posted previously, she lived as a homeless, even found refuge in the forest....

کبرا امین سعیدی با نام هنری شهرزاد ( زاده ۱۸ آذر ۱۳۲۹ در شهر گرمسار ) سراینده، بازیگر، نویسنده و یکی از نخستین فیلمسازان زن در ایران است. در سال ۱۳۵۶ او فیلم بلندش را به نام « مریم و مانی » ساخت که پوری بنایی نیز در آن بازی کرده‌است. این فیلم از معدود فیلم‌های ایران دوران پهلوی است که قهرمان داستان و کارگردان آن زن هستند. وی بازیگری در فیلم‌هایی چون : طوقی، سه قاپ، پنجره، داش آکل، بابا شمل، پل، تنگنا، عیالوار، قیصر، گرگ بیزار داشت ولی برای نقش‌های تاثیرگذاری در فیلم‌هایی مانند « تنگنا » و « صبح روز چهارم » بود کهدر جشنواره سپاس برنده « جایزه سپاس » شد. وی گاهگاهی شعر میگفت و داستانهای کوتاه مینوشت ( در روزنامۀ آیندگان چاپ می شد) و کتاب‌هایی مانند «با تشنگی پیر می‌شویم» به چاپ رسانید​

A more detailed look at her:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Damn it!!!

I saw the following video of her a while back and thought it was quite new. but apparently the video is very old judging by how old Jamileh looks in the above video. :eek:

F*** time indeed!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
And here she is after so many years:

She is apparently 73 years old now.
She must be much older than that ....... I was never a big fan of Arabic dance ...infact there isn't much in anything Arabic that I like but she was very attractive and a good dancer ....... I saw her dancing just after the revolution in a London night club ...think it was called Abunavas in Queensway in London , she looked well into her 40s then .

Talk about dancing I much prefere Persian folk dancing ,Qasemabadi dance is my favourite from Gilan .

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
She must be much older than that ....... I was never a big fan of Arabic dance ...infact there isn't much in anything Arabic that I like but she was very attractive and a good dancer ....... I saw her dancing just after the revolution in a London night club ...think it was called Abunavas in Queensway in London , she looked well into her 40s then .

Talk about dancing I much prefere Persian folk dancing ,Qasemabadi dance is my favourite from Gilan .
The clip was posted recently. Even Parviz Parastouei has made some comments about it:

Parastouei

By any chance do know of any Qasemabadi dance that you mentioned?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
She really aged. I doubt if she knew she was being filmed.
I don't think so either. It seems like the guy has somehow attached his camera on his shirt as it's difficult to see anything while he's walking towards her.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I don't think so either. It seems like the guy has somehow attached his camera on his shirt as it's difficult to see anything while he's walking towards her.
Kind of fucked up. Some people have no class. Just to get a few likes and views they become an asshole.