Geography Map Quiz (Including Iran's 31 provinces)

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Dorood be doostan
We are all proud iranians, but do we know at all Where Ostane Yazid is located? Where is Golestan? Where is Kohgiluye & Boyer Ahmad?
Take this Geo quiz test of Iran's all 31 provinces and expand your knowleg of Irans Geography.
Before you take the quiz study this map. It will give you a head start.
Don't give up if you end up with shitty score after first time.
After a couple of times, you will memories all Ostans
Here is the map to study:
iran all 31 province english poster uden dk.jpg

And here is Iran's provinces quiz:
https://online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3182

Good luck!

btw. I don't know if you guys are familiar with Seterra Geography page?
I use it alot in school with my students. So if you have kids this page is great for them too.
So many great geo quizes to take. many hours of education for kids is there.
https://online.seterra.com/en

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
We used to have noly one khorasan and WTF is Alborz?
Ostane Tehran was too big, by population for one administration, so it was divided in 2 parts.
Tehran as you know, and Alborz with Karaj as capital.

Ostane Khorasan was also too big, by area for one administration, so it was divided in 3 parts.
Khorasan shomali, with Bojnourd as capital, Khorasan Razavi (Which I asume means Khorasane Emam Reza) with old Mashhad as capital, and Khorasan jonoobi with Birjand as capital.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Ostane Tehran was too big, by population for one administration, so it was divided in 2 parts.
Tehran as you know, and Alborz with Karaj as capital.

Ostane Khorasan was also too big, by area for one administration, so it was divided in 3 parts.
Khorasan shomali, with Bojnourd as capital, Khorasan Razavi (Which I asume means Khorasane Emam Reza) with old Mashhad as capital, and Khorasan jonoobi with Birjand as capital.
and we also had only Azarbaijan gharbi and sharghi before. Now Ardebil has been separated. but I have a feeling that's because of political/strategic reasons.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Another funny/shocking fact that I encountered some years ago is that population-wise, Karaj is Iran's 4th biggest city ahead of Tabriz and Shiraz. lol

Feb 4, 2005
My concentration was on world geography:)
We had a teacher who would teach us capitals of the world like this:
Ethiopia: Paytakhtesh Addis Ababa mardomesh ham eine kaka.
یا مثلا کانادا پایتختشم اتاوا آ مردمیشم یه مشت که که یا!