Correct Iran's Name on Fifa.com (It's not IR IRAN)

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
The official name of France is France republic.
The official name of Russia is Russia federation
None of their teams are named after their official names...
Im not talking about the olympics, AFC and other tournaments.. Iran’s team has always been referred to by FIFA as Iran in 1998 2006 and 2014.. that’s not the choice of a tv station.. they get the feed from fifa and they present it.. the photo I posted on the lottery clearly states the name of Iran as IRAN in 2014.. that’s not a choice of a tv station... it’s not about me liking IR or not.. this is an inconsistency both in the way they have refered to Iran team and how they call other teams (not using their official political system in their names like France) but all of a sudden in 2018 only and only they change irans team to IR Iran.. it’s just inconsistent..

None of you have addressed the points above and keep saying “obviously” without looking at the nuances of the problem... get out of your herd mentality and look at the evidence I provided and answer why it was not IR Iran before and it is now.

Last edited:
The official name of France is France republic.
The official name of Russia is Russia federation
None of their teams are named after their official names...
Iran’s team was referred to as Iran in 1998 2006 and 2014.. but all of a sudden in 2018 it’s IR Iran.. it’s just inconsistent..

None of you have addressed the points above and keep saying “obviously” without looking at the nuances of the problem... get out of your herd mentality and look at the evidence I provided and answer why it was not IR Iran before and it is now.
What is the point of your post? To sign a petition to change the name or you want to know why all of a sudden IRAN became IR IRAN in 2018?

If former then it's not possible because I repeat again the official name of our Country is IR IRAN. You can do a petition for not using it correctly but can't ask them why they are using the correct name ( which is currently the case. )

If you are trying to find out why in 2014 was IRAN and now it's IR Iran then who knows? Maybe the IFF asked them to correct and use the IR Iran from now on.

After all What difference does it make? at the end of the day, for many, we are the same dishonoured country which no one even bothers to play a friendly match with, let alone other aspects

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Not that I care, I am actually a tad happy FIFA is using the correct name! We Iranians LOVE to "FOOL" outselves! We carry Shir o Khorishid flag, to "THINK" still Shah is in power! we want FIFA to use a wrong name so we think our country is still free ! lol having said that, I am going to guess FIFA changed to IR IRAN because IFF asked them to use the correct name of the country.

You want to sign petition, go ahead, but always know, the name of our country is "ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN" you dont like it? do something about it! and I tell you signing petition from 12,000km away, aint going to cut it !

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
Not that I care, I am actually a tad happy FIFA is using the correct name! We Iranians LOVE to "FOOL" outselves! We carry Shir o Khorishid flag, to "THINK" still Shah is in power! we want FIFA to use a wrong name so we think our country is still free ! lol having said that, I am going to guess FIFA changed to IR IRAN because IFF asked them to use the correct name of the country.

You want to sign petition, go ahead, but always know, the name of our country is "ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF IRAN" you dont like it? do something about it! and I tell you signing petition from 12,000km away, aint going to cut it !
the last time i saw anyone carry the lion and sun flag was about 10 years ago.

well anyone other than the rajavi (under aged sex clan), well at least in eastern canada that is.
I am sure there are some granpas that still have it on their 'taagh-che' though.

and by the way IRI is kind of free. they voted the last cunt (rohani) into office democratically. i guess that means they are free.

as far as the name goes, they voted for that name before most people here were born. so that name was chosen 'freely' too.

it is like saying we shouldn't call a FUCKING IDIOT a fucking idiot. we should call him less intelligent than a very average person. Ok.
I call IRI, Iran from now on.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003

None of you has answered the inconsistency I presented.. you all just presented a diaria of words explaining your oghdehs and personal grieviences.. this is not a political petition, it’s to highlight the inconsistency.. that’s all..

Official name of France is France republic.. official name of Russia is Russia federation, but their teams are called Russia and France.. why the inconsistency.. explain that if you can.

Read the problem I presented with the evidence I attached.. If you have an explanation pls enlighten us.. if you agree with the petition sign it. If you don’t have an explanation and also don’t wanna sign the petition, don’t waste your time and mine.

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
None of you has answered the inconsistency I presented.. you all just presented a diaria of words explaining your oghdehs and personal grieviences.. this is not a political petition, it’s to highlight the inconsistency.. that’s all..

Official name of France is France republic.. official name of Russia is Russia federation, but their teams are called Russia and France.. why the inconsistency.. explain that if you can.

Read the problem I presented with the evidence I attached.. If you have an explanation pls enlighten us.. if you agree with the petition sign it. If you don’t have an explanation and also don’t wanna sign the petition, don’t waste your time and mine.
First of all, learn to respect people if their view is different than yours! just because they think different, doesnt mean they are oghdeyi or etc.
second of all, I answered you, perhaps IFF asked FIFA to change the name to IR IRAN, while Russia and France federation did not.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I Think fifa has to follow UN and if you notice for iran they use (IR) in paranthesis so it takes a 2ndry role.. esp when using abbreviations.

france is france , russia is russian federation (pardon the no caps)

Syria is syrian arab republic. (so there seem to be yet another source which sportcasters use or is it loosely defined? ) find answer to that.

http://www.un.org/en/member-states/index.html

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
First of all, learn to respect people if their view is different than yours! just because they think different, doesnt mean they are oghdeyi or etc.
second of all, I answered you, perhaps IFF asked FIFA to change the name to IR IRAN, while Russia and France federation did not.
It’s not about respecting views.
It’s obvious you haven’t read the petition and assumed this is political. Read my comments at least where I tried to explain to you..

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I think they're leeway when using abbreviations, but I included example like Syria which under UN is syrian arab nation) I thinnk I have seen IRI here and there for 3 characters or Iran for four ch. type fields.

I would ask fifa some anally-attentive employee might have the answer for you.. lmfao

looks like IR Iran is it for WC http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/

also france is france in european union site, where do you get ur data from? seem skewed a bit...

Why didn’t they follow UN in 98 2006 and 2014

And don’t they follow UN in regards to other countries. Get it now?

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
It’s not about respecting views.
It’s obvious you haven’t read the petition and assumed this is political. Read my comments at least where I tried to explain to you..
1-) It is about respecting views, you just cant insult people who dont agree with you
2-) I did read the petition, I dont care if its political or not, What I am saying is :
- What difference does it make? If they call it IRAN or IR IRAN or whatever?
- You keep saying why they did it in 2014! and I keep telling you , maybe IFF asked them to use IR IRAN now! dont you think this might be a possibility ?

Anyway, I got way more important things to deal with than worrying about this, however, I do wish you good luck in correcting this.

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
It's not about respecting views, because from your numerous replies here, it's apparent you havent even read the petition. just dishing out your assumptions and oghdehs. I dont respect any views, only the informed ones.. yours is ignorant and lacking basic understanding of the question at hand.. sorry respect is earned..

the petition acknowledges that the offical name of iran is IR IRAN. but it asks a question why FIFA doesn't use the official name of all counties and only does that with iran. RUSSIA is not called RUSSIA FEDERATION.. now that you get what the problem is (im not holding my breath) if you have the answer tell us instead of filling white space with useless words.. if you dont have the answer then, maybe use your brain cells and come up with some valid explanation, even if you can't do that, maybe sign the petition and hope for the best.. if you dont wanna do any of that, then why the hell you are on this thread commenting?

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ bro the staff here is super open-minded.. you could deliver ur point without insulting or reaching out for unkind words for the staff. Your big flaw is you don't understand who is on ur side and where they're coming from too. ( as i pointed your own data here is kind of inaccurate so when you ask for others to be concise and observant at least you could look twice at ur own material and make sure it's flawless since it's a big deal and has turned into a petition)

Honestly myself was responding to your note late one night and did realize I am responding to my impression of ur idea (which was generally correct) without reading it in dept ( which is really a moot point in this really difficult times for our country ).. anyway I found the musical theme in harmony to your threads and petition's idea (which I still haven't read..LOL)

FYI ur link/petition doesn't load for me.

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
To be honest, Islamic Republic just sounds very KIRI no matter how you say it or hear it. I would base my petition solely on that widely accepted fact. Maybe then, they would listen and change it. This would be the title of my petition:

FIFA, please change the KIRI-sounding official name of this country

^ bro the staff here is super open-minded.. you could deliver ur point without insulting or reaching out for unkind words for the staff. Your big flaw is you don't understand who is on ur side and where they're coming from too. ( as i pointed your own data here is kind of inaccurate so when you ask for others to be concise and observant at least you could look twice at ur own material and make sure it's flawless since it's a big deal and has turned into a petition)
Number one rule for all Iranians, if one doesn't agree with you then force it with profanity and here is another example and this is why I dropped the argument. Problem is, that we think no one knows more than we do and start labelling them with names. We know nothing because our avatar is not set to the green wristband and the V sign, and the green wristband itself is a way of recognizing the IR Iran in a different way, shape or form, how clever !!!!

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ not just profanity but certain jabs and comments unrelated to topic but assaulting the other party while making an argument using Iranian expressions .

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
Number one rule for all Iranians, if one doesn't agree with you then force it with profanity and here is another example and this is why I dropped the argument. Problem is, that we think no one knows more than we do and start labelling them with names. We know nothing because our avatar is not set to the green wristband and the V sign, and the green wristband itself is a way of recognizing the IR Iran in a different way, shape or form, how clever !!!!
the problem with us iranians is that we feel compelled to give our opinion about EVERYTHING without having enough knowledge on the matter at hand.
you haven't read the petition, or at least your first replies proved that you didnt' know what the argument is. Pouya hadn't read it.. this ABK guy hasnt read.. but you have all commented here.. and complain why your views aren't respected. READ before you comment so we can have a meaningful discussion.
the wrist band is from 2009 and i haven't had the time to change it.. i haven't commented here in a long long while..

the problem with us iranians is that we feel compelled to give our opinion about EVERYTHING without having enough knowledge on the matter at hand.
you haven't read the petition, or at least your first replies proved that you didnt' know what the argument is. Pouya hadn't read it.. this ABK guy hasnt read.. but you have all commented here.. and complain why your views aren't respected. READ before you comment so we can have a meaningful discussion.
the wrist band is from 2009 and i haven't had the time to change it.. i haven't commented here in a long long while..

I don't know about others but I DID read it right off the bat. But you never answered my question , what difference would it make ? What's the motive behind your petition. How much respect will this buy us? What difference does it make If Jose Manuel sanchez guy sitting on his couch somewhere in Portugal see Iran or IR Iran on the top right corner of his screen? You ask me to sign any human rights petition and I will without reading it but this one just doesn't make sense.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
#1 your petition didn't load for me ( I am traveling and am on VPN)
#2 I also said your facts & evidence were not 100% accurate (you chose not to address it)
#3 I admitted one night I was responding to my impression of it since I couldn't read it (you took this as basis for your argument and bash "Iranians")
#4 free bandwidth is compelling enough for all to exchange, have a say , share an experience.. you sound bitter a bit, how hard is that to swallow?

all and all patience and respect and accuracy is lacking in your own offering here in my view.. make one not to respect and care for your energy and goal on this matter.
If you travel back home frequently you see how shitty lives are and see the need for a bigger resolve and solution not just discrepancy in the name of the nation which is probably accurate based in IR's liking otherwise they have enough resources to make it be.

Collective idea here based on my impression is, bigger solutions to improve conditions supercedes your idea at the moment. (and no, no one has ADD around here)