FIFA World Cup Group B: | IRAN vs SPAIN |Information, Updates & Live Reports| june 20th

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
I want to hold that picture in my mind for a long time. I may never see Iran's name on top ever again :-(
As for spain, let's hope that silva scores an own-goal ;-)
No I mean I like the team's confidence and individual abilities and I think our goal keeper is excellent but we should have worked on our passes and free kicks. we lack on those :-( Come on ...if I can bend the ball into the goal from a corner kick (from both corners) then these "professional" ones ought to tear up the net from same spot or outside 18!! we've never had a good shooter really, Bagheri came close but no one ever been consistent!
As the lady at fox rightly said, "shoot within the box and hope on a rebound"! Our players always go for the clock?! :-(

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
There are so many good headers on our national team but no cross came across their head. Maybe it is Nike affect. But really I hope we get better next game.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I want to hold that picture in my mind for a long time. I may never see Iran's name on top ever again :-(
As for spain, let's hope that silva scores an own-goal ;-)
No I mean I like the team's confidence and individual abilities and I think our goal keeper is excellent but we should have worked on our passes and free kicks. we lack on those :-( Come on ...if I can bend the ball into the goal from a corner kick (from both corners) then these "professional" ones ought to tear up the net from same spot or outside 18!! we've never had a good shooter really, Bagheri came close but no one ever been consistent!
As the lady at fox rightly said, "shoot within the box and hope on a rebound"! Our players always go for the clock?! :-(
It's one thing doing it in your local park and under no pressure and doing it in the world cup against opponents who are doing their best not to let you do it.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Although I have lots of respect for CQ I am not so content with the way we played against Morocco. I liked our team when we played Russia. The combination of Amiri and Taremi made us strong in the left side.

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
I think CQ did not want to show all his cards in Morocco game. Expect a different Iran against Spain! not saying they are not going to sit back and defend but they have few surprises in the lineup and style of the play. Same with the last game with Portugal. He has a game plan for each match.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I think CQ did not want to show all his cards in Morocco game. Expect a different Iran against Spain! not saying they are not going to sit back and defend but they have few surprises in the lineup and style of the play. Same with the last game with Portugal. He has a game plan for each match.
That is what I expect too. Because with that lineup they will score many goals.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
If Iran manage to keep it scoreless at half-time I'll be officially impressed. I was not too impressed by the same milestone against Argentina, because Argentina are a crappy team who play direct football and can't really overcome compact defenses. Spain on the other hand is something else. They "live" for this type of game. It's what they do.

We could be in for a rude awakening never having faced such an opposition. This is the game Beiranvand will most likely shine no matter the result. He'll have the opportunity to save many balls, and he probably will. I don't have high hopes for our full-backs. Both Nacho and Alba will run circles around them the entire time. Alba will probably have a field-day against Rezaeian.

Iran will be a tired team against Portugal. Much more tired than they were against Bosnia in the last World Cup.

This is the game I'll be cheering for Iran despite the inevitable ugly bus parking. The class difference is so ridiculous I want Iran to actually prove the bookies wrong. It's like a lottery where thanks to CQ's discipline, we know we actually have the first few numbers right. Chances of having those last numbers right are very slim, but fuck it! Let's go for it!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
We are facing the biggest game of our history since Holland game in 1978 ,Spain are probably where Holland was in those days in terms of football .

We are going to have a tough day ,but lets face it Spain style of football is the same goal koochik or 5 a side football we have been playing for years since childhood ,only they do it much better than us with top players !

I have no plan in my head available as how to face them but we have a coach that would definitely know what to do with them and has a battle plan .

Chances are slim but we have proven we are men of tough days and a bit of miracle and a helping hand from De Gea like he did with Ronaldo and help from outer space will be handy !

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
If Iran manage to keep it scoreless at half-time I'll be officially impressed. I was not too impressed by the same milestone against Argentina, because Argentina are a crappy team who play direct football and can't really overcome compact defenses. Spain on the other hand is something else. They "live" for this type of game. It's what they do.

We could be in for a rude awakening never having faced such an opposition. This is the game Beiranvand will most likely shine no matter the result. He'll have the opportunity to save many balls, and he probably will. I don't have high hopes for our full-backs. Both Nacho and Alba will run circles around them the entire time. Alba will probably have a field-day against Rezaeian.

Iran will be a tired team against Portugal. Much more tired than they were against Bosnia in the last World Cup.

This is the game I'll be cheering for Iran despite the inevitable ugly bus parking. The class difference is so ridiculous I want Iran to actually prove the bookies wrong. It's like a lottery where thanks to CQ's discipline, we know we actually have the first few numbers right. Chances of having those last numbers right are very slim, but fuck it! Let's go for it!
About Rezaeian I thought he had a good day against Morocco. It is though possible that CQ starts montazeri or Torabi in RD. If you look at the list looks like Torabi is ment to play defense. Iran can easily start a complete new team against portogal. Lets see. But Spanish keeper was disappointing and didn't live up to my expectation when Spain played Portogal. I expect Morocco to get a point from Portogal. They are not finished yet.