Omid Ebrahimi ...a Leopard from Mazandaran

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
What a fantastic display of spirit and technical and physical ability by Omid ,really pleased with him ,he is a real warrior who didn't put a foot wrong and won every battle in the field .

They all played well but he was something else and a real blessing for us in the middle of the field ,he was tremendous .

As much as I like Shojaei as a person but he made too many mistakes and gave the ball away and physically didn't seem to be holding up to the opponents .

Sardar missed a couple of good chances but he was also a handful upfront keeping their defence line busy and involved in keeping with him , world cup atmosphere perhaps hindered his composure in front of goal ,hopefully he now put that behind and get use to the atmosphere and be the cool finisher he really is against those two giants .

I am really hopeful he will score against them ,God willing ...

Dec 30, 2014
I was really impressed with Omid in this game. I never thought much of him and in the absence of Ezzat, I would picked Cheshmi as the DM. But I guess Omid is one of those guys who steps up on the big occasions. Brilliant, but most importantly gritty, resolute performance. Hope he is ok.

Oct 1, 2004
I really was not a big fan of him and wanted him out of the 23 man squad - but what do I know. He proved me very wrong. Damesh garm. He was amazing on Friday.

Nov 24, 2002
Fantastic performance, people forget that he had amazing season, probably his best with Esteghlal. Nice and down to earth guy on top of that, not like typical of new generation. Too bad he is 30 and has maybe only couple of good years left in him. I won't be surprised to see Queiroz start both him and Saeid against Spain, something like this:

Beiro
Rezaeian-PAG-Cheshmi-Hajsafi
Omid-Saeid
JB-Shojaei-Amiri
Azmoun

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Fantastic performance, people forget that he had amazing season, probably his best with Esteghlal. Nice and down to earth guy on top of that, not like typical of new generation. Too bad he is 30 and has maybe only couple of good years left in him. I won't be surprised to see Queiroz start both him and Saeid against Spain, something like this:

Beiro
Omid-Saeid
JB-Shojaei-Amiri
Azmoun
Is he really 30 ? what a shame ,where has he been in the last 5 years …….
It could be possible to play him and Ezatollahi and Hajsafi as 3 defensive midfielders and Milad as left back and taking Shojaei out ?

I really do want to see Ghodoos in the line up ,he is the one player who can do well against Spain and Portugal .
Masoud too old too slow and too many mistakes ...

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
He totally caught me by surprise. I thought in TM he was always the weak link, making stupid mistakes. Extremely inconsistent. But maybe the motivation of playing in the WC gets to everyone. Against Morocco he played his absolute best game ever! Never seen him so physically strong and so effective!

He lived up to the moment when we needed him the most! Damesh garm!

Nov 29, 2002
He totally caught me by surprise. I thought in TM he was always the weak link, making stupid mistakes. Extremely inconsistent. But maybe the motivation of playing in the WC gets to everyone. Against Morocco he played his absolute best game ever! Never seen him so physically strong and so effective!

He lived up to the moment when we needed him the most! Damesh garm!
He's had his best season at club level so CQ is just using that form for TM and it has translated perfectly. Just a good decision really.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Now the question is when Ezatollahi is back, who's gonna play beside him? Haji Safi can not play as LB all the time even though after that performance against Morocoo, he's a given in the starting 11. Milad Mohammadi's skills need to be used at some point.

What a fantastic headache for CQ!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Now the question is when Ezatollahi is back, who's gonna play beside him? Haji Safi can not play as LB all the time even though after that performance against Morocoo, he's a given in the starting 11. Milad Mohammadi's skills need to be used at some point.

What a fantastic headache for CQ!
I would play all three of them in midfield and Milad in left back, leaving Shojaie out.

Oct 1, 2004

Beiro
Omid-Saeid
JB-Shojaei-Amiri
Azmoun
Rumor is he already signed with a Qatari team before the World Cup.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
What a fantastic display of spirit and technical and physical ability by Omid ,really pleased with him ,he is a real warrior who didn't put a foot wrong and won every battle in the field .
They all played well but he was something else and a real blessing for us in the middle of the field ,he was tremendous .
As much as I like Shojaei as a person but he made too many mistakes and gave the ball away and physically didn't seem to be holding up to the opponents .
Sardar missed a couple of good chances but he was also a handful upfront keeping their defence line busy and involved in keeping with him , world cup atmosphere perhaps hindered his composure in front of goal ,hopefully he now put that behind and get use to the atmosphere and be the cool finisher he really is against those two giants .
I am really hopeful he will score against them ,God willing ...
Great post, as I wrote in the TeamMeli thread, I totally and simply have had missed this fella. I did not know he was a blue-fella.
What a rock with that surgical tackel, what a performance, god bless!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I would play all three of them in midfield and Milad in left back, leaving Shojaie out.
In that case, I'd prefer Ghoddos as CAM so we can have some kind of an attacking power. If Milad Mohammadi plays as LB, we can not have 3 DM playing at the same time.

Unless of course, CQ uses Haji Safi in his own position in LAM which I doubt after that performance by Amiri.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
In that case, I'd prefer Ghoddos as CAM so we can have some kind of an attacking power. If Milad Mohammadi plays as LB, we can not have 3 DM playing at the same time.

Unless of course, CQ uses Haji Safi in his own position in LAM which I doubt after that performance by Amiri.
As you earlier said it's a nice headache to have, just gives him more options for his plans.