Thoughts on Beiranvand

Feb 4, 2005
Compared to his last 12 months he is a totally different keeper. Very good so far. Thanks to coaching staff and him for such improvement

Nov 24, 2002
Can we finally praise him?
Ostad, no one said he was a terrible keeper, when as no name keeper you shine in Naft Tehran, to take number one job over a more established keeper such as Sosha Makani then continue to progress to make it to PP, you need to have talent, but his issue is CONSISTENCY, like the rest of Iranian keepers, he had a fantastic season with Naft, then in 2nd season he was Ok, not as good as his first one because his head was with PP while playing for Naft, then with PP, he was Ok in first season but had a shaky one the last one. Now he had a solid WC( except few occasions). Hope he keeps it up, now he has the WC experience.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
What a great save to make at such a crucial moment and give your team a massive boost to fight on .

Why I am bringing it up is about his attitude and the way he psyched out Ronaldo before he took the kick as he moved left and right on the line and then dived to his left again to save the shot ,he was awesome in doing that . Take a look again and see what he did ,that confidence in him is magnificent.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Ostad, no one said he was a terrible keeper, when as no name keeper you shine in Naft Tehran, to take number one job over a more established keeper such as Sosha Makani then continue to progress to make it to PP, you need to have talent, but his issue is CONSISTENCY, like the rest of Iranian keepers, he had a fantastic season with Naft, then in 2nd season he was Ok, not as good as his first one because his head was with PP while playing for Naft, then with PP, he was Ok in first season but had a shaky one the last one. Now he had a solid WC( except few occasions). Hope he keeps it up, now he has the WC experience.

agha I'm talking about this and calling him damagh

You guys are a bit easy to convince with just one game. Morocco showed very little in attack and barely tested Beiranvand. At least wait to see him against Spain to judge him. So far I have seen nothing from him (1 save or 1 error does not define a keeper)
The guy slept 7 years ago on Meydoon Azadi, he worked hard to make it where he is and now he saves a penalty from fucking Ronaldo and people were in awe because fucking koskesh Icelanding filmmaker goalkeeper saved one from Messi

Agha, fuck that! Beiranvand is the King, the Shit, the Greatest Goalkeeper of all time and I will fight every moron who says something else.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2014
And I love the fact that he did not even have to punch it out. He grabbed it. You could see his eyes brimming with confidence.

Having said that, I do like Ronaldo. He is a great player and I hear a good person off the field as well, spending a lot of time and money on charitable causes. I hope Portugal goes far in the competition and I think they will. The fact that they tied Iran is a reflection on the quality of TM not lack of quality on Portugal's part.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Can we finally praise him?
Well I didn't see this thread in time and thought I need to make a thread about his penalty save .
I thought he was magnificent the way he psyched out Ronaldo with the way he moved left and right on the line and then dived to his left ,his confident attitude and his reflex were great ,he is only 24 bless him .

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Its time for him to move to Europe... I love to keep him at Perspolis but he can even be much better if he moves out of our crappy league.. As one of my friend just posted in FB, if he was Liverpool goal keeper they would have won the CL... that is very true...

این دروازه بان را لیورپول خریده بود جام اروپا را برده بود!

Last edited: