Iran #17 in Power Rankings (Guardian)

Nov 29, 2002
Good think football pundits rate our all round performance

17) Iran

Mehdi Taremi may never forget the injury-time miss that, moments after Iran had been given a VAR-aided lifeline against Portugal, would have improbably won them both the match and Group G. He had also fluffed an opportunity to equalise against Spain; Iran looked extremely useful in most departments and would have been a fascinating prospect in the round of 16.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...wer-rankings-brazil-and-croatia-lead-the-way?

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Good think football pundits rate our all round performance

17) Iran

Mehdi Taremi may never forget the injury-time miss that, moments after Iran had been given a VAR-aided lifeline against Portugal, would have improbably won them both the match and Group G. He had also fluffed an opportunity to equalise against Spain; Iran looked extremely useful in most departments and would have been a fascinating prospect in the round of 16.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...wer-rankings-brazil-and-croatia-lead-the-way?
No way Japan is better than Iran.

Nov 29, 2002
I'm still in Russia guys (Sochi). It's been really good literally every single fan of other countries (Egypt, Uruguay , Argentina, Brazilians, Koreans, Moroccans, Tunisians, English, Russians, Peruvians etc...) I've spoken to here in fan fest and in other places have said that they were so impressed with Irans performance and that they should have gone to second round. It makes me proud to think of the respect we have got as a footballing country in this world cup. Not met a single person who hasn't said they thought Iran played really well.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I'm still in Russia guys (Sochi). It's been really good literally every single fan of other countries (Egypt, Uruguay , Argentina, Brazilians, Koreans, Moroccans, Tunisians, English, Russians, Peruvians etc...) I've spoken to here in fan fest and in other places have said that they were so impressed with Irans performance and that they should have gone to second round. It makes me proud to think of the respect we have got as a footballing country in this world cup. Not met a single person who hasn't said they thought Iran played really well.
If you get the time and feel like it please share your trip stories and pictures , I am glad that you and other fans who made the trip have had a great time with the way Iran played .