World Cup 2018 Knock-Out stage, updates, news & results !!!

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
couple of notes:
1) I have never ever ever in my life seen a team defend as bad as Argentina did. Never!
2) I have never ever ever in my life been more in love with a team at a World Cup as I am with Uruguay. It is by far the most beautiful team to watch. Caceres-Godin-Gimenez-Laxalt and this guy Toreira who is 1.68 but outjumped Ronaldo. Laxalt is a left attacker but plays leftback like his father was Maldini. Godin is hands down the greatest defender of the past 10 years. And they have 3.5 Million inhabitants.
3) So far the world cup is great. We just need Brazil and England to go home as soon as possible.
4) Spain is rubbish. Isco and Asensio are hype. Iniesta, Xavi and Villa were in another league.
5) Cristiano was pedestrian and choked in World Cup knockouts. LOL.
Uruguay is class, so organize with clear plans and strategies.Tabarez is being in charge for so long now that this team plays like a top club team in Europe, Cavani and Surez find eachother with their eyes closed, the backline is old fashion Azzuri style backline with three young midfielders who are awesome, Nandez, Bentancur, Vecino, and especially Torriero who also impressed everyone last season with Samldoria. And I still have love for Cacares, the guy is great and Godin, oh man Mbappe might run into the wall.
Oh and one more thing, you hardly find teams these days plays so well with two strikers like this team. Cavani's work ethic is admirable and because he runs back and defend allows Uruguay plays with two strikers, and Surez always very smart with his runs and touches. This is lovely, I wish they win it after so many decades.

Last edited:
i think it's safe to say the group stage is the most exciting part
of every wc for the fans.that's when every team has hopes and
they play with all their hearts.and the fans like it that way.
but after the group stage a lot of fans lose interest until the final.
this is happening here too as we see the drastic reduction on the
number of posts.
anyway i said all that to inform you that brazil won 2-0.

1/8 are mostly Tokhmi as some mediocre teams always scrape through it. watch QF and Semi, those are the best.