Googoosh at Hollywood Bowl

Nov 24, 2002
I was never her biggest fan, but attended her concert few years a go and have to admit, she is sill very sharp on stage, decent group of musicians, of course people lives with the memories of her old songs, as the ones in last 10-15 are just Tokhmi(like many songs of top singers of her generation).

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
This was first ever that hollywood bowl was used for a middle eastern venue.. (unverified) . I am also not a biggest fan and not sure where she is politically and can't justify prices ppl paid in the past to see her, but it's a landmark venue that brings hamvatans together in such beautiful place; so it's more of a statement with bunch of memorable songs (martik and hasan shamaeezadeh also performed there)

think they said farhang.org was the sponsor.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I was never her biggest fan, but attended her concert few years a go and have to admit, she is sill very sharp on stage, decent group of musicians, of course people lives with the memories of her old songs, as the ones in last 10-15 are just Tokhmi(like many songs of top singers of her generation).
I was a big fan of her and loved her music and act in the 70s but that was when she was in her 20s , she has failed to move with times .
Incidentally I am watching her Hollywood concert as I came across this thread as I got bored by her poor vocals and her stage acts .

Her vocals can't keep up and she keeps trying to involve the crowd when she gets out of range or breath .

very poor performance ,big decline .

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
nice series of talks but initial part of this exposes how googoosh dissed music industry of diaspora when she arrives to US.

AG addresses how googoosh became permanent in the US while kimiayee steals some cameras.. LOL

Nov 24, 2002
I was a big fan of her and loved her music and act in the 70s but that was when she was in her 20s , she has failed to move with times .
Incidentally I am watching her Hollywood concert as I came across this thread as I got bored by her poor vocals and her stage acts .

Her vocals can't keep up and she keeps trying to involve the crowd when she gets out of range or breath .

very poor performance ,big decline .
Of course dude, she is almost 70, do you expect her to sing like 20 years old girl, impossible :)
Ebi is probably the only one which you notice a little change in his voice, but even him after few songs in live concert he can't keep it up as at the beginning which is totally normal for his age. Dariush same thing, his voice can't keep it up as well.
Overall, our music situation both in Sonati and Pop is in very critical situation. The number of internationally recognized musician we have is how many? 1-2-? Kahor and who esle?( Unless you include the wonder Bineshpajoh in this category ;)).

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Of course dude, she is almost 70, do you expect her to sing like 20 years old girl, impossible :)
Ebi is probably the only one which you notice a little change in his voice, but even him after few songs in live concert he can't keep it up as at the beginning which is totally normal for his age. Dariush same thing, his voice can't keep it up as well.
Overall, our music situation both in Sonati and Pop is in very critical situation. The number of internationally recognized musician we have is how many? 1-2-? Kahor and who esle?( Unless you include the wonder Bineshpajoh in this category ;)).
I don't have a problem with her ageing, we all are.
I have a problem with her trying to act as if she is still in her 20s.
Move on with times, dress and makeup and perform accordingly, and she don't have to sing in the same key 🗝 she used to.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Googoosh's ridiculous Ice bucket challenge, bringing up Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt to make her self look good(as if the couple know her) and doesn't even
do the challenge correctly. Shows her true colours here.

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Right after the revolution she was singing songs for Khomeini ie ''agha mano bebakhsh'' then the gold digger married a rich Haji as soon as the bitch ran out out of money ...came to LA and was greeted like a hero. There are interviews where she backed jonnbeshe sabz in 1388 but didn't want a regime change.
All this person cares about is $$$$ . My least favourite Iranian singer & Celebrity.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Right after the revolution she was singing songs for Khomeini ie ''agha mano bebakhsh'' then the gold digger married a rich Haji as soon as the bitch ran out out of money ...came to LA and was greeted like a hero. There are interviews where she backed jonnbeshe sabz in 1388 but didn't want a regime change.
All this person cares about is $$$$ . My least favourite Iranian singer & Celebrity.
She had a terrible childhood ,growing up having to work and be a bread winner for her family which included a step mother that used to beat her up .

She was a tremendous talent that got exploited by her family and those around her ,but she did all that having gone through such hardship in her younger years .

She is not very clued up and not even educated to high school diploma and because of that ,usually taking wrong turns ...

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
See her for what she is and you'll probably enjoy some of her songs too. A highly troubled illiterate woman with a shitty childhood who happened to be extremely talented. A good voice, good looks and wonderful stage presence.

The woman likely suffers from at least one personality disorder if not more. She has never been able to keep friends, family or even jobs. A totally lost soul for most of her life.
At 70 years old, anyone paying hundreds of dollars to see her perform like she's still at her prime is a fool.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
See her for what she is and you'll probably enjoy some of her songs too. A highly troubled illiterate woman with a shitty childhood who happened to be extremely talented. A good voice, good looks and wonderful stage presence.

The woman likely suffers from at least one personality disorder if not more. She has never been able to keep friends, family or even jobs. A totally lost soul for most of her life.
At 70 years old, anyone paying hundreds of dollars to see her perform like she's still at her prime is a fool.
I think people paying all that money to see her are looking for their own younger years through her....

I was also worried for Shamaeezadeh who seemed to be having a heart attack on stage, he played his saxophone and then went on to sing some high notes, not a good idea at this day and age.
Paul macartney's dad who was a musician bought him a trumpet when he was he was about 10_12.
He said I went and trade it for a guitar as I found it hard to sing and play trumpet at the same time!

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
even mehrdad asemani took a crack at faeghe atashin , telling her that she can not protect googoosh.. (protecting her from herself) while helping managing her or at the end.

I found new respect for mehrdad watching all of those clips he interviewed with amir ghasemi, to get a feel for behind the scence persian entertainment mafia management and more. .found respect for mehrdad; talented and did huge help and favors googoosh, even negotiated/arranged for 500k nite in Dubai (excl sexual fave o/c) for googoosh, a first time feat.

One thing I didnt' get is Mehrdad split managing googoosh because googoosh didnt' take suggestion of a duo concert with Dariush and caused mehrdad to split; what I don't get is why mehrdad gave more weight to dariush vs Ebi ? I think they 're more or less same caliber ?? googoosh ended up doing a concert with ebi and the split by mehrdad seem to have cost him big and backfiring and losing most contacts/friendships in the industry ; but he arranged for like 18 songs for googoosh after she left Iran.

(mehrdad admitted having unpaid bills by ebi which o/c didnt' help his view but ebi is also caught lying in interviews). At the end I lost more of respect I had for ebi. money and fame does get into ones head.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Iranian singers syndicate and how the idea fell apart.. (ebi and dariush seem to be the two opposing forces creating disharmony and eventual dismissal)

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
even mehrdad asemani took a crack at faeghe atashin , telling her that you can not protect googoosh.. I found new respect for mehrdad watching like all of those clips he interviewed with amir ghasemi, to get a feel for behind the scence persian mafia management and more. .found respect for mehrdad; talented and did huge favor googoosh, even arranged for 500k nite in Dubai (excl sexual fave o/c) for googoosh.

One thing I didnt' get is Mehrdad split managing googoosh because googoosh didnt' take suggestion of a duo concert with Dariush and caused mehrdad to split; what I don't get is why mehrdad gave more weight to dariush vs Ebi ? I think they 're more or less same caliber ?? googoosh ended up doing a concert with ebi and the split by mehrdad seem to have cost him big; but he arranged for like 18 songs for googoosh.. a nice feat.

(he did have unpaid bills by ebi which o/c didnt' help)
Mehrdad Asemani is a very talented musician, he made her the best songs she did after rev 79.
Other stuff she did afterwards are not so good.