1 dollar = 4800 goozman

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
1 U$ = 14000 Toman and rising

Iranians are now 80% poorer than just 9 months ago.
Let's put that in perspective
If an Iranian family on average used to make 10,000 dollars annually around a year ago, now a family makes 2000 dollars per year which makes it 167 dollars per month. This money is made with a minimum wage 2-3 days work in western world.
Now we are officially a super poor country.
Khak bar saretoon

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'm gonna quote myself here to remind everyone how simple this whole scenario really is:

man... where do you guys learn your economics?!

Nothing other than trade deficit is responsible for the devaluation of Rial. No one is sitting in an office manipulating the exchange rate. Not successfully anyway.

Iran cannot retain its US dollars because proceeds of exports (oil, petrochemicals, other crap) are not being routed back to the Iranian banking system. They're being deposited in foreign banks or invested abroad. There's also a huge exodus of US dollars out of Iran (it has exponentially accelerated in the past year). The US sanctions have also targeted Iran's banking bottle-necks in Dubai and Turkey.

All this has made US dollar very scarce resulting in higher prices. The effect is only multiplied when the general public perceives Rial an unsafe currency to hold and starts gobbling up foreign money. Circulation comes to a halt and exchange rates shoot up.

The banking system/government tries to curb the situation by limiting the use of foreign money and its outflow. It fails (always). Banks start losing deposits in Rial and demand for dollar naturally goes up. Exchange rates shoot up higher. Here come price increases in goods and services (always). This continues until goods and services lose demand. A period of perceived stability ensues. This is nothing but a recession. Next comes the investors' softening towards releasing some of their locked-up capital. This results in increased economical activity and some growth. Naturally, the investor has wised up to the predictable cycle of instability and immediately takes the profits out of circulation (sends them abroad in foreign money). This triggers the next wave of foreign currency shortage. And the story repeats itself.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Some friends of mine living in Iran think its pretty much over, they think soon people are going to storm supermarkets and steal and gharaat. sad to see.
That phase has already started in a limited fashion. There are already major fights at supermarkets over diapers (people literally beating each other up)

The storming of stores won't last long because there isn't a real shortage of goods. There's a shortage of goods at affordable prices. If people decide to horde retail items, they will quickly find out it's a futile effort.

The next major phase is people's attempt at liquidating illiquid assets like land, graves, jewellery, antiques, carpets and things like that. This has already started. I have lost count of the number of mines (yes! mines of rock, copper, sand), factories and lands that are going on sale. There's no point in trying to conduct business in Iran. For most people, everything needs to get converted to foreign currency or gold. Investor sentiment has gone beyond negative at this point. A massive divide between the 'haves' and 'have nots' is about to take place (worse than it already is)

Iranians are in really deep financial trouble. Please advise your families to be prepared. For a nation constantly on the edge, it's hard to believe how unprepared the average Iranian household is for rainy days.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ all good stuff, for my own advantage point, it was hard for me to accept dollar/g0ld rise so quick against rial but if you had seen the prior events in Iran must have been a no-brainer to call. I recall calling sister in Iran post fall of shah and she mentioned of no access to diapers at the stores. Odd that repeats again.

ppls only defense has been the 20% bank interest. All that allowed years of importing, and a few benefitting from it all, while some banks pulled off the rug from naive investor's feel. Hoardig defenitely takes palce with rice/oil/grocery. Even I hear the trend is at office ppl are looking to purchase whatever thru digikala and other 'net sources.

Being in rugs and TV business no longer means chilling but it refers to the buying and flipping small goods.

What a kose-sher economic and social environment. Can't wait to see people rise up. It's will be very grassroot event no leader could have dreamed.

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Can't wait to see people rise up
No one is going to rise up. Cries of injustice, poverty and entitlement don't equate to rising up. Any limited attempts at rising up will be quickly nullified by those willing to further participate in the charade. There's an endless supply of moronic, treasonous and opportunistic vermin in Iran.

Clear example (and a lot more coming): Saipa's Pride pre-sale circus of today

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
anyone knows the difference of figures between cash float during AN and recent times, I did hear a 60 vs like 1500 but not sure how many leading zeros, I would assume 12 zeros ..all meaning how much money without gold support they had managed to print.

also what was the float amount of dollar ? And what percentage has left the country?

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
are you saying one trillion amount is leaving Iran ? or being printed ???

that's like 70 million dollars leaving Iran daily at the rate of 14000.
I see no graph

7500 trillion seem to be all in print and circulation ;

عضو کمیسیون اقتصادی مجلس شورای اسلامی با بیان اینکه هیچ توجیه اقتصادی برای نوسانات ارزی اخیر وجود ندارد، گفت: دولت 6000 هزار میلیارد تومان دارایی دارد در حالی که مجموع نقدینگی موجود در جامعه هزارو500 هزار میلیارد تومان است.

that 1500 trillion matches ur 1600 trillion having left Iran already!!!!

it coverts to 4 billion dollars (floating cash coverted at old 3600 toman) which I assume was low for Iran

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
are you saying one trillion amount is leaving Iran ? or being printed ???
No that's the money being added to circulation daily either via printing or electronically issued by banks (as loans or payments).

1600 trillion toman is the total money in circulation in Iran (bills+coins+account balances)

As for dollar amounts leaving Iran, there are no annual stats, but in the first 3 months of this year over U$30 Billion exited Iran according to the central bank itself. I assume that amount has doubled by now and will only exponentially increase over the coming years.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ yes didn't see the electronic cheat system.. what's a few trillions among a few friendly mullah ? chumps change.

Is that 6000 trillion government stake accurate then? mentioned in farsi text above.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Arz kame vali pooshak e bacheh kamtare, rahbar mige takhsire doshmane va bayad ba estekbar e jahani mobareze konim. bar pedaresh la'nat
کمبود پوشک و نوار بهداشتی چیست ؟ از تولیدات موشکی تا مشکلات پوشکی

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I hope someday there be shortage of ropes to hang mullahs.. look forward to that.
Latest manook program suggested they may be propping zarif (as he met bagheri) for the next presidency; just an option among many.
and this ways his comment per man burning himself at city's office (he was looking for expansion permit for like 15+years and was denied and had to evacute) ;
چه ملت هنرمندی ؟؟؟؟ تونسی هم نشدیم ...!!! آن دستفروش تونسی. که سوخت تونس انقلاب شد اما درتهران همه ازپیکره سوخته سلفی گرفتند ...!
ملتی که درفضای مجازی است ملت فیک است ‌ و بس ...

چرا باید تخلیه می‌کرد؟
این ملک سه مالک داشت. تمام مالک‌ها رضایت داشتند به تغییر کاربری ملک مسکونی؛ برادرم از همه آنها رضایتنامه گرفته بود تا ٤٨ متر مسکونی را به تجاری تبدیل کند. همان زمان کارهایش را هم انجام داد و ٤٠ میلیون تومان پول هم هزینه کرد. اما چند وقت پیش مشخص شد که یکی از مالکان فوت کرده و وارث جدید وکالتنامه را باطل کرد. همین باعث شد که شهرداری نامه تخلیه ملک را برای برادرم بفرستد.

برادرتان فقط ٤٠ میلیون تومان هزینه کرده بود؟
نه. اتفاقا به خاطر همین موضوع بود که برادرم خودسوزی کرد. او در جریان این موضوع علاوه بر ٤٠ میلیون تومانی که آن سال‌ها پول زیادی بود، چند وقت پیش هم ٥٠٠ میلیون تومان پول به شهرداری واریز کرد. برادرم در این ١٧ سال برای تغییر کاربری ٤٨ متر از ملک مسکونی‌اش تلاش زیادی کرده بود. پول زیادی پرداخته بود. او برای جور کردن این ٥٠٠ میلیون تومان تمام سرمایه‌اش را داده بود. حتی طلاها و خودرو و هرچه داشت را هم فروخت و این پول را واریز کرد. اما نامه شهرداری باعث شد که تصور کند زندگی‌اش نابود شده است

ین در حالی است که خجسته، مدیر اورژانس شرکت شهر سالم در تشریح وضعیت جسمانی این مرد اعلام کرد که بهبودی وی قطعی است.

Last edited: