International Friendly: Uzbekistan vs Team-Melli

Nov 24, 2002
Basically he is giving the chance to some players who were in standby list(Vouria, Gholizadeh) and some like Dejagah and Amir who didn't play at all.

May 29, 2018
Sadly for Asia, and fortunately for us, Iran has pulled too far ahead of the Asian teams, at this point it's not only a deficit to us to continue to play in Asia but aimless for Asian teams to play us - there was a time we used to fear Uzbekistan, remember? Now it's like watching a bunch of kids mess around with young kids, but good for Iran, finally a team that can compete on the world stage.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Better 2nd half, but the concept of attacking and scoring is so foreign to this team, even when the opponent is literally begging to be spanked Iran don't know what to do with themselves. I don't think this team practices combos and build-ups much. CQ clearly has no interest in that stuff.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Better 2nd half, but the concept of attacking and scoring is so foreign to this team, even when the opponent is literally begging to be spanked Iran don't know what to do with themselves. I don't think this team practices combos and build-ups much. CQ clearly has no interest in that stuff.
lol
Under CQ

Iran1 South Korea 0 ..... (X 4)
Iran 1 Uzbekistan 0 . .... (X 3)

bazam khoda ro shokr

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I mean parking the bus similar to Mourinho's Man U. Playing extremely cautious football leaving much to be desired, creating very few chances, scoring fewer goals and boring the viewer to death. That's 100% guaranteed under CQ no matter what team he's managing. When it comes to Iran, it's even worse due to lack of quality players upfront.
Playing conservative is different than parking the bus, Iran just miss midfielders with ability to control the game and put several passes together, at least not since Nekounam which he was an average midfielder in La liga.

Last edited: