International Friendly: Uzbekistan vs Team-Melli

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
It's about time for Torabi to get much more playing time than this! This kid is so missed in Iran's offensive line! All because of CQ's defensive style!

I expected Ghoddos to be adjusted with TM players a lot more than he shows. He's so invisible compared to when he plays in his club teams every time. I hope he doesn't prove to be another "only club team player"!

Masoud is not TM material anymore.

Dejagah is very inconsistent. He can be very good at times and a liability at others. Very unreliable! I don't want him in TM anymore either!

Nov 24, 2002
Very Good game by TM. Uzbek went out of gas after 60-65th. Very impressed by Gholinezhad and Torabi, both very skilled midfielders. I just hope he stops to play with 2 DM in friendlies at least I was also impressed by young Moharrami in his first TM match, his defensive game is not there yet but man this guy has speed and amazing stamina! Lots of talents upfront and in midfielders. Queiorz need to stop starting Karim. Not impressed by Abedzadeh despite couple of good saves, too risky! Beiranvand is much better keeper overall

Nov 24, 2002
It's about time for Torabi to get much more playing time than this! This kid is so missed in Iran's offensive line! All because of CQ's defensive style!

I expected Ghoddos to be adjusted with TM players a lot more than he shows. He's so invisible compared to when he plays in his club teams every time. I hope he doesn't prove to be another "only club team player"!

Masoud is not TM material anymore.

Dejagah is very inconsistent. He can be very good at times and a liability at others. Very unreliable! I don't want him in TM anymore either!
Agree.

Time to stop playing older players such as Montazeri, Dejagah, Masoud. There are lots of talents in this team.

Nov 24, 2002
You guys really think Khiabani can tell the difference between Arabic and Uzbek?
I don't mind the guy, i love his passion, specially during TM matches. He has lots of passion for Iran but man, sometime he is annoying. The ball is around the box but he keeps talking his typical kososher! Today Sadegh Moharrami was IN in second half and he noticed it after 7-8th min. It is the guy first cap in TM. not a single mention of this either!!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Babr jaan although I agree with you but I think the older players which there is only a few of them bring a sense of leadership and order as well as extra help with training and developing the younger players on the team. For that it goes with CQ philosophy and tactics and has been a continuous element in his teams.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The guy has passion yes. I see it too. Deep inside I believe he is a really good human and a good heart too for Iran. But his brain does not function in a multi-facet manner and only sees the surface and seems slow and dumb at times. His professionalism does give in and says things out of order and embarrassing at times.

Nov 24, 2002
He honestly need to stop starting Ansarifard. Not impressed by Karim's game lately! I think even in WC it was waste of spot to start him. Also as much as we all bash Azmoun and his chidlish behaviors. He is still the best finisher in this team.

Nov 24, 2002
Babr jaan although I agree with you but I think the older players which there is only a few of them bring a sense of leadership and order as well as extra help with training and developing the younger players on the team. For that it goes with CQ philosophy and tactics and has been a continuous element in his teams.
Honesty none of older guys helping the team inside the field.
Montazeri is done, same as Masoud. Only Dejagah but for last 10-15 minutes. As i said lots of depth in this version of TM...

Nov 29, 2002
Abedzadeh is very interesting and I respect the guy a lot.

Always destined to be under the shadow of his father, before he moved to Maritimo he just didn't look to be anywhere near the level of other iranian goalkeepers.

There can't be many international goalkeepers who have played for teams which are even outside the football hierarchy (eg Persian FC of London, Dinamo Dorigo (a team named after Tony Dorigo!) and the London Tigers)

But over the last year or two he has really stepped up, reduced some of his sootis and his attitude looks excellent. I'm excited to see what happens to him next.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Abedzadeh is very interesting and I respect the guy a lot.

Always destined to be under the shadow of his father, before he moved to Maritimo he just didn't look to be anywhere near the level of other iranian goalkeepers.

There can't be many international goalkeepers who have played for teams which are even outside the football hierarchy (eg Persian FC of London, Dinamo Dorigo (a team named after Tony Dorigo!) and the London Tigers)

But over the last year or two he has really stepped up, reduced some of his sootis and his attitude looks excellent. I'm excited to see what happens to him next.
Great point man. I was pretty impressed by him too. Him holding the ball, coming out to punch, and reflexes were great. I hope we can have 2 or 3 top formed goalies to increase competition too. Its honestly an honor to have his father and now him. I am sure CQ sees something great in him. I have not followed his games and have only seem some highlights but was refreshing to see him there. This was his 2nd cap and his first cap was also against Uzbekistan!

Nov 24, 2002
One thing he 100% got it from his dad is he is a brave keeper despite not being very tall for today's keepers standard(over 190 cm).

Nov 24, 2002
Soroush, just FYI, CQ played this in 2nd half, away in Uzbekistan!!!

Shojaei-Ebrahimi
Gholizadeh-Ghoddos-Torabi
Taremi

This is hell of offensive line-up!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Soroush, just FYI, CQ played this in 2nd half, away in Uzbekistan!!!

Shojaei-Ebrahimi
Gholizadeh-Ghoddos-Torabi
Taremi

This is hell of offensive line-up!
Which is why they had a 'remotely' more offensive look in the 2nd half, but completely useless since it's obvious they will not train and play together for a line-up like that in an official match. Uzbekistan was basically sitting deep asking Iran to come and attack them. They happily handed over the ball time after time, but our players had no idea what to do.

This will most likely prove fatal in 2 scenarios:
- When Iran face a compact defense that won't easily let us score
- When Iran fall behind by 2 goals in a match (we always seem to find the luck to over come 1 goal deficits)

There is no good football to be played under CQ. He's going to be remembered for great organized performances against World Cup giants, not winning an Asian Cup or destroying opponents at Iran's level. His team does best as an underdog, not as a championship contender.

There's also the fact that CQ is limited to a bunch of very average offensive players in midfield. We basically have not a single good passer or dribbler. A very surprising fact considering Iran's track record in producing many talented attacking midfielders in the past.

Last edited: