International Friendly: Uzbekistan vs Team-Melli

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Which is why they had a 'remotely' more offensive look in the 2nd half, but completely useless since it's obvious they will not train and play together for a line-up like that in an official match. Uzbekistan was basically sitting deep asking Iran to come and attack them. They happily handed over the ball time after time, but our players had no idea what to do.

This will most likely prove fatal in 2 scenarios:
- When Iran face a compact defense that won't easily let us score
- When Iran fall behind by 2 goals in a match (we always seem to find the luck to over come 1 goal deficits)

There is no good football to be played under CQ. He's going to be remembered for great organized performances against World Cup giants, not winning an Asian Cup or destroying opponents at Iran's level. His team does best as an underdog, not as a championship contender.

There's also the fact that CQ is limited to a bunch of very average offensive players in midfield. We basically have not a single good passer or dribbler. A very surprising fact considering Iran's track record in producing many talented attacking midfielders in the past.
It’s not like Uzbacks are sitting back and handing the ball over happily. They were forced to sit back and defend and when they got the ball, they were under too much pressure that’s why they gave the hall back. But, yes Iran needs more creativity and better finishing and hopefully that will happen with decent friendly games. Keep in mind, they need time to gel together.

Disclaimer, I only saw past 60 minutes and TM looked good controlling the game and passing

Nov 24, 2002
Which is why they had a 'remotely' more offensive look in the 2nd half, but completely useless since it's obvious they will not train and play together for a line-up like that in an official match. Uzbekistan was basically sitting deep asking Iran to come and attack them. They happily handed over the ball time after time, but our players had no idea what to do.

This will most likely prove fatal in 2 scenarios:
- When Iran face a compact defense that won't easily let us score
- When Iran fall behind by 2 goals in a match (we always seem to find the luck to over come 1 goal deficits)

There is no good football to be played under CQ. He's going to be remembered for great organized performances against World Cup giants, not winning an Asian Cup or destroying opponents at Iran's level. His team does best as an underdog, not as a championship contender.

There's also the fact that CQ is limited to a bunch of very average offensive players in midfield. We basically have not a single good passer or dribbler. A very surprising fact considering Iran's track record in producing many talented attacking midfielders in the past.
Come on man, haven't you see Torabi, Gholizadeh, JB, Ghoddos, even Sadegh Morahhami as RB. All these guys, can outplay their direct man. Gholizadeh dribbling ability is just amazing.

Nov 24, 2002
It’s not like Uzbacks are sitting back and handing the ball over happily. They were forced to sit back and defend and when they got the ball, they were under too much pressure that’s why they gave the hall back. But, yes Iran needs more creativity and better finishing and hopefully that will happen with decent friendly games. Keep in mind, they need time to gel together.

Disclaimer, I only saw past 60 minutes and TM looked good controlling the game and passing
True, inam az oun harfaye soroush bouda. Uzbek were out of gas around min 60. That is why their coach was very upset.

TM played a very good game overall.

Nov 24, 2002
It is joy to watch Gholizadeh.. This guy will become a star in TM if he keeps it up. Gifted talent:

در ۱۰ دقیقه آخر مچ پایم پیچید
قلی‌زاده: تعویض نداشتیم بالاجبار در زمین ماندم
هافبک تیم ملی درباره دیدار شب گذشته می‌گوید خوشبختانه همه بازیکنان تیم ملی خوب کار کردند.

به گزارش “ورزش سه” و به نقل از سایت رسمی فدراسیون فوتبال قلی زاده در ابتدا گفت: خوشبختانه همه بازیکنان تیم ملی خوب کار کردند و من هم خواسته‌های کادر فنی را در زمین پیاده کردم و امیدوارم شرایط تیم ملی هم همین‌گونه ادامه داشته باشد.

وی در خصوص اینکه ظاهراً بعد از پایان مسابقه مصدوم شده است، گفت: در ۱۰ دقیقه آخر بازی مچ پایم پیچید ولی چون تعویض نداشتیم مجبور شدم به همان شکل ادامه بدهم.

هافبک تیم ملی فوتبال ایران در خصوص شرایطش در باشگاه بلژیکی گفت: خیلی خوشحالم که در شارلروا شرایط خوبی دارم و در همه بازی‌ها به صورت ثابت به میدان رفتم. روز شنبه هم یک بازی بسیار مهم داریم.

قلی‌زاده در خصوص اینکه کی‌روش به وی آزادی عمل در زمین داده است، گفت: سرمربی تیم ملی از من خواسته که یک در مقابل یک‌ها را دریبل بزنم و فکر می‌کنم این مسئولیت را خوب انجام دادم.

وی در خصوص شرایط تیم ملی و روند آماده‌سازی ملی‌پوشان گفت: اردوها کافی نیست چون در جام ملت‌ها اگر بخواهیم شرایط خوبی داشته باشیم باید فدراسیون به ما کمک کند تا مقام خوبی به دست بیاوریم.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/1553131/قلی-زاده-تعویض-نداشتیم-بالاجبار-در-زمین-ماندم

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Over all it was a very good game by Iran, couldn't ask more honestly..
Na dige. That's where I disagree. What do you mean "couldn't ask more"? Of course you could and should. When is CQ going to forget about defense for once and bring out the best of our attacking abilities for the entire game? Is there a better venue than a stupid friendly against Uzbekistan for that? Keep in mind, CQ just renewed his contract after a very well-received World Cup performance and is under absolutely no pressure. Same goes for his players. They could've lost this game 9-6 and no one would've cared. If anything I personally would've been ecstatic about the goals we scored!

If CQ doesn't shift his focus away from defense and get his team's scoring routine sorted out in the next couple of games (should've done it earlier), we can pretty much forget about any stellar performance in the Asian Cup. Iran has been absolutely pathetic in the scoring department for quite a few years and this pretty much guarantees a disappointing Asian Cup. Hala keep calling me negative or whatever. Man midoonam akharesh hamamoon be ga mirim.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Babr jaan although I agree with you but I think the older players which there is only a few of them bring a sense of leadership and order as well as extra help with training and developing the younger players on the team. For that it goes with CQ philosophy and tactics and has been a continuous element in his teams.
We have experienced players like Haji Safi for that! He's our 3rd captain/leader. He can play and teach others. We can not have useless oldies in TM only for teaching purpose. Mind you even Jahanbakhsh can play that role nowadays. He's experienced enough despite his young age. His personality is made to be a leader.

Nov 24, 2002
Na dige. That's where I disagree. What do you mean "couldn't ask more"? Of course you could and should. When is CQ going to forget about defense for once and bring out the best of our attacking abilities for the entire game? Is there a better venue than a stupid friendly against Uzbekistan for that? Keep in mind, CQ just renewed his contract after a very well-received World Cup performance and is under absolutely no pressure. Same goes for his players. They could've lost this game 9-6 and no one would've cared. If anything I personally would've been ecstatic about the goals we scored!

If CQ doesn't shift his focus away from defense and get his team's scoring routine sorted out in the next couple of games (should've done it earlier), we can pretty much forget about any stellar performance in the Asian Cup. Iran has been absolutely pathetic in the scoring department for quite a few years and this pretty much guarantees a disappointing Asian Cup. Hala keep calling me negative or whatever. Man midoonam akharesh hamamoon be ga mirim.
I don't get what you are looking for. No team attack like headless chicken in today football. Football has been changed. Teams which doing this will get punished badly.(Japan). Talking about Uzbekistan. They are one of top 6-7 teams in Asia, which give most of Asian giants hard time anytime. I think Carlos strategy was perfect, he used a new line-up. The match despite being a friendly was AN AWAY, so first half he analyzed the opponent and second half we played a much better match, much more attacking minded game.which is the case of TM most of the time.

Now do i like to see more of the 20-25 minutes of the second half against any team? Yes of course, ki badesh miad az football hamash tahajomi, but honestly how many teams even in world level play all attacking game? Football became more and more the game of strategy, plus Portuguese are known to be defensive minded. So he won't change anyway!

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I don't get what you are looking for. No team attack like headless chicken in today football. Football has been changed. Teams which doing this will get punished badly.(Japan). Talking about Uzbekistan. They are one of top 6-7 teams in Asia, which give most of Asian giants hard time anytime. I think Carlos strategy was perfect, he used a new line-up. The match despite being a friendly was AN AWAY, so first half he analyzed the opponent and second half we played a much better match, much more attacking minded game.which is the case of TM most of the time.

Now do i like to see more of the 20-25 minutes of the second half against any team? Yes of course, ki badesh miad az football hamash tahajomi, but honestly how many teams even in world level play all attacking game? Football became more and more the game of strategy, plus Portuguese are known to be defensive minded. So he won't change anyway!
We have given him the ingredients for making Aabgoosht but some like our BT expect Chelokabab soltani for lunch! 😍

May 29, 2018
Bache Tehroon lol bro you are the worlds most negative person, all love though, you are entitled to your opinion, I can't say I disagree with you with respect to saying we SHOULD focus more on attacking, but realistically, how can anyone complain about our current team versus any team in the history of Iranian soccer? This is overall a pretty solid team, can they improve? Yes, will they? That's up to CQ, but damet garm bro, you own the negativity department lol