Technology Thread

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Google hardware day. I was planning to buy a Pixel 3 Xl but the notch is a deal breaker for me so I decided to go with Pixel 3. It takes 3-4 weeks to ship though.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
bunch of overpriced items for people to buy !
I have a friend who LOVES Apple, i am sure if they produce "SHIT" he pays and gets it, once I asked him, why do you pay so much for Mac laptops, he said "They last forever and excellent built quality" ... then I asked when did you get yours "I got the latest 2 months ago" when did you get the one you replaced? "1 year ago when they announced it" .... I am like so how do you they last forever if you are upgrading every year !

What Apple has created is BRILLIANT and I admire them for it, not for their technology, but for their marketing skills, I have NEVER seen ANY company have so many loyal fans.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I have a friend who LOVES Apple, i am sure if they produce "SHIT" he pays and gets it, once I asked him, why do you pay so much for Mac laptops, he said "They last forever and excellent built quality" ... then I asked when did you get yours "I got the latest 2 months ago" when did you get the one you replaced? "1 year ago when they announced it" .... I am like so how do you they last forever if you are upgrading every year !

What Apple has created is BRILLIANT and I admire them for it, not for their technology, but for their marketing skills, I have NEVER seen ANY company have so many loyal fans.
Macbook yes ... but iPad no ... I have used many windows (Surface Pro) and android (Samsung tab S2 and S3) tablets and I think the iPad pro is really great ... specially the pen which I use a lot. I got one from my wife's company and it is not the same.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik

then your friend has too much money and he should flush some over to me, but I bought my MacBook Pro 6 years ago and it still works perfect and I haven't been nice to it. Even the battery still lasts for 2.5-3 hours. But I agree that Apple products have lost a lot in quality and have just gained in price. New Macbook Pro models are also maybe good looking but they are all cramped together and you can't replace anything on them really. It's a bit a pain in the ass. But really, anything Apple did between 2010-2015 is kind of untouchable in terms of quality and build.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
then your friend has too much money and he should flush some over to me, but I bought my MacBook Pro 6 years ago and it still works perfect and I haven't been nice to it. Even the battery still lasts for 2.5-3 hours. But I agree that Apple products have lost a lot in quality and have just gained in price. New Macbook Pro models are also maybe good looking but they are all cramped together and you can't replace anything on them really. It's a bit a pain in the ass. But really, anything Apple did between 2010-2015 is kind of untouchable in terms of quality and build.
Quality and BUILD Absolutely, but another issue is, how much did you PAY for that QUALITY and BUILD... What *majority* of people fail to do is, compare PC and Mac PRICE points. You can NOT compare a $400 Acer laptop with $2000 Mac Book ! you just can not !
I had my Surface Pro 4 for close to 3 years now, its perfect, no issue, build quality is amazing too...but i didnt pay $400 for it! so that is the issue, compare what you paying with what you getting.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Quality and BUILD Absolutely, but another issue is, how much did you PAY for that QUALITY and BUILD... What *majority* of people fail to do is, compare PC and Mac PRICE points. You can NOT compare a $400 Acer laptop with $2000 Mac Book ! you just can not !
I had my Surface Pro 4 for close to 3 years now, its perfect, no issue, build quality is amazing too...but i didnt pay $400 for it! so that is the issue, compare what you paying with what you getting.
High end laptops such as Dell XPS, Microsoft Surface Book 2, HP Spectre are also expensive similar to Apple.
But yes you can find cheap laptops as well but they suck.
Hell you can get a chromebook for 200 bucks :D

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
High end laptops such as Dell XPS, Microsoft Surface Book 2, HP Spectre are also expensive similar to Apple.
But yes you can find cheap laptops as well but they suck.
Hell you can get a chromebook for 200 bucks :D
Correct, that is my point! you can NOT say Apple is the only one making Quality Laptops, there are many choices out there BUT due to Apple BRILLIANT marketing, people so willingly pay for APPLE products and not for any other brand.

Another thing is, Apple has created a status, if you own iPhone, iPad, or apple products, you are cool, you are rich etc. this is again due to their brilliant marketing, honestly, I dont think anyone can come close to them for many years to come in terms of marketing.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Regular price. I think it was close to 1200-1300 Euros. I just switched the regular hard drive with an SSD and the cd rom drive with the old hard drive. That was like a 100 Euro upgrade and then years later I upgraded to 16GB Ram. Overall I spent like 1500 Euros on it. I didn't even get close to 2000$.