Canada becomes second country to legalise recreational marijuana

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Canada has become the second country after Uruguay to legalise possession and use of recreational cannabis.
The nationwide market for cannabis opened Wednesday at midnight amid lingering questions about the impact on health, the law and public safety.

Preparations included mailings to 15m households detailing the new cannabis laws and public awareness campaigns. But there remain concerns, including about the readiness for police forces to tackle drug impaired driving.

Canadian provinces and municipalities have been preparing for months for the end of cannabis prohibition. Provinces and territories are responsible for setting out many of the details for where cannabis can be bought and consumed within their jurisdictions.

This has created a patchwork of legislation across the country as jurisdictions choose more or less restrictive frameworks for selling and using cannabis. Shops in the province of Newfoundland, the most easterly time zone in Canada, opened as midnight struck for the first legal sales of cannabis in the country.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45806255

Congrats to all those living in Canada !

Oct 18, 2010
to americans it seems most canadians are naturally high all the time.
so they don't need any catalysts.
must be the cold like that song,"rocky mountain high".

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Another monumental achievement for the liberal cunts people love so much. The streets of Toronto are already reeking. Every corner you go you smell dope. People are smoking dope out in the open with glory and pride. Soon your rental property will be subject to legal grow ops performed by your upstanding tenants.

This was a very important issue in Canadians' day to day life. We can now move onto legislating gender-neutral bathrooms in public venues.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Another monumental achievement for the liberal cunts people love so much. The streets of Toronto are already reeking. Every corner you go you smell dope. People are smoking dope out in the open with glory and pride. Soon your rental property will be subject to legal grow ops performed by your upstanding tenants.

This was a very important issue in Canadians' day to day life. We can now move onto legislating gender-neutral bathrooms in public venues.
If it's legal then why grow it ?

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I think this was hasty decision.

Not sure about Canada, but i think in the U.S decriminalization is the first right step.

wait 10 years or so. see what the ramifications are.

then decide to move forward with legalization. such large changes with this kind of scale should be done gradually.

To all those who think Weed is bad and should be illegal etc.
Have you done any research on the impact of THC versus Alcohol? do some research, it will shock you! if we want to ban THC i am all for it, but first we have bigger problems, that is banning Alcohol that causes FAR MORE harm to your body than THC.
That's not the point bro. So now let me tell you what happens next and it's very simple. Those who grew before the legalization will offer it for a much cheaper price and what happens after that? More budget will be allocated to hunt those guys down. You heard it here first .

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
That's not the point bro. So now let me tell you what happens next and it's very simple. Those who grew before the legalization will offer it for a much cheaper price and what happens after that? More budget will be allocated to hunt those guys down. You heard it here first .
It is not profitable to grow and sell anymore, that is the main point.
Same as when alcohol was banned in the USA in the 1920s.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'm all for decriminalizing all drugs (not just weed), but really, this is a mundane topic in Canadian economy/politics. These fuckers have truly betrayed this country by wasting so much time/resources on such matters and then portraying them as important in the media.

You have to live here to understand how retarded the whole thing looks/sounds.

Canada faces a housing bubble on the verge of a catastrophic burst and very serious pitfalls within the healthcare system. There are major infrastructure issues and a devastatingly non-performing oil/gas industry. For fuck's sake, Canada can't sell its own oil. It's like a self-imposed embargo (think of Iran deciding to not sell oil because some people in Khuzestan don't like to deal with the smell).

Canadians owe more money than they can possibly pay in multiple generations. This is not necessarily a "Canadian" issue, but it is. Traditionally Canada is known to be fiscally responsible and well protected against banking crisis. Not anymore.

There's currently a currency crisis in Canada. The artificially devalued Canadian dollar is hurting Canadian consumers without providing much relief to the labor market. Life is very expensive here yet there's absolutely no sign of wages trying to keep up.

Immigration issues have gotten out of hand. There are migrant street beggers (gypsies, arabs) at every intersection in Toronto, Vancouver and now even Montreal. There are social housing/welfare waiting lists as long as 12 years. The level of abuse is just insane when it comes to social programs.

The country has pretty much been left to its own device in almost every aspect, yet the liberal government's only (and I mean only) thing to show for is legalized marijuana!

That's why it's a joke.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I'm all for decriminalizing all drugs (not just weed), but really, this is a mundane topic in Canadian economy/politics. These fuckers have truly betrayed this country by wasting so much time/resources on such matters and then portraying them as important in the media.

You have to live here to understand how retarded the whole thing looks/sounds.

Canada faces a housing bubble on the verge of a catastrophic burst and very serious pitfalls within the healthcare system. There are major infrastructure issues and a devastatingly non-performing oil/gas industry. For fuck's sake, Canada can't sell its own oil. It's like a self-imposed embargo (think of Iran deciding to not sell oil because some people in Khuzestan don't like to deal with the smell).

Canadians owe more money than they can possibly pay in multiple generations. This is not necessarily a "Canadian" issue, but it is. Traditionally Canada is known to be fiscally responsible and well protected against banking crisis. Not anymore.

There's currently a currency crisis in Canada. The artificially devalued Canadian dollar is hurting Canadian consumers without providing much relief to the labor market. Life is very expensive here yet there's absolutely no sign of wages trying to keep up.

Immigration issues have gotten out of hand. There are migrant street beggers (gypsies, arabs) at every intersection in Toronto, Vancouver and now even Montreal. There are social housing/welfare waiting lists as long as 12 years. The level of abuse is just insane when it comes to social programs.

The country has pretty much been left to its own device in almost every aspect, yet the liberal government's only (and I mean only) thing to show for is legalized marijuana!

That's why it's a joke.
Bloody hell..... Houston we have a problem.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
It was about time, kudos to fella Canadians and Canada as a nation.
There is not much I like about Canada (I am sure that is a mutually matter of concern), but to give up the fascist obsessions about drugs is the best stuff they've done in a long time!
I can't stand all these damn whiners and their sadistic and fascists bull crap about the cons with free & controlled drug use.

Don't forget it's a matter of legalizing marijuana possession, home growing and sales for adults.
"The federal government will oversee remaining criminal sanctions (for, say, selling to minors) and the licensing of producers, while provincial governments will manage sales, distribution, and related regulations as such, provinces will be able to impose tougher rules, such as raising the minimum age. The statute largely follows recommendations made by a federal task force on marijuana legalization."

And if you still are reluctant about this decision, take a look at the experimental country Netherlands and the present state of their GDP, check what is expected to come from this nation with their liberal drug policy!

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Canopy shipped approximately 1 million orders of medical cannabis in its first four years of operations. It expects to ship more than 1 million units of recreational pot in the first four weeks after legalization, Linton said.
The Online Store In BC was sold out ! I am just waiting for them to release the tax collected in the first 60 days.