Favourite music band/group/song

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Having wandering between and from genres to genres and listened to almost load of nonidentical music from all over the world (however, I don't think I will be able to discover all the good music during my entire life), yet being surprised every time listening to something new which sounds very modern for its time (pop/rock 60 to 70's) and very fast realize that the song has been colored by classical music, looks like much of rock/pop coming from the baroque epoch!

I found this single among my folks' old LP records, sounds very baroque music (Piano sound) in the background?
The song was made almost a year before I was born, Procol Harum's big hit ever it says, a song that grows and grows and moves upwards.
A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum

10 hours of the Baroque Collection.
Johann Sebastian Bach, Antonio Lucio Vivaldi, Georg Friedrich Händel, Tomaso Albinoni & Henry Purcell

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Having wandering between and from genres to genres and listened to almost load of nonidentical music from all over the world (however, I don't think I will be able to discover all the good music during my entire life), yet being surprised every time listening to something new which sounds very modern for its time (pop/rock 60 to 70's) yet and very fast realize that the song has been colored by classical music, looks like much of rock/pop coming from the baroque epoch!

I found this single among my folks' old LP records, sound very baroque music (Piano sound) in the background?
The song was made almost a year before I was born, Procol Harum's big hit ever it says, a song that grows and grows and moves upwards.
A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procol Harum

10 hours of the Baroque Collection.
Johann Sebastian Bach, Antonio Lucio Vivaldi, Georg Friedrich Händel, Tomaso Albinoni & Henry Purcell
It is a organ playing, thanks for posting it.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Are you sure they playing Organ (sounds like Yamaha MM6 Synthesizer Keyboard/Piano), sounds almost as if they try to mimic Baroque organ instrument.
Either way, this struck me with great amazement, great work!
I am not that familiar with the instruments of keyboard family but this song is from the 60s if I am not mistaken.
It sounds like the church organ. But it's beautiful sounding.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I am not that familiar with the instruments of keyboard family but this song is from the 60s if I am not mistaken.
It sounds like the church organ. But it's beautiful sounding.
Synthesizer Keyboard/Piano is a powerful instrument, easy to imitate almost any sound whatsoever.
And a church Orgel is a sturdy built-in installation, not easy to bring it everywhere, places like recording studio or live on the stage.
The only possible explanation is that the recording of this particular song "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" has taken place in a church!

Here are two different clips when the Synthesizer Keyboard/Piano sounds like a church Orgel.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I didn't say it was a church organ, I said it sounds like it, I know that much that synts can imitate the sound of many instruments.
Thanks for the exchange of experience, what I heard from the beginning were the tones of classical music in the background of this song, that made me to wise up a bit. I do play pretty a few instruments myself, thats why I engage very fast as soon as I find it interested.

Fairly ingenious & brilliant work!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Thanks for the exchange of experience, what I heard from the beginning were the tones of classical music in the background of this song, that made me to wise up a bit. I do play pretty a few instruments myself, thats why I engage very fast as soon as I find it interested.

Fairly ingenious & brilliant work!
That's interesting Arash jan ,playing few instruments ….it's a beautiful thing to be able to play your own music ,you must be quite talented and started early ,nothing can replace the sound of real instrument playing . I play acoustic guitar and love the sound of it but I also enjoy listening to other instruments like keyboard ,violin and cello …

in the very late 70s and early 80s sound generated by computers came along and for a while it was interesting to hear it but soon it became boring and not so good comparing to the real thing ,and I can not stand to hear the artificial drum beat and sound generated by computers.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
That's interesting Arash jan ,playing few instruments ….it's a beautiful thing to be able to play your own music ,you must be quite talented and started early ,nothing can replace the sound of real instrument playing . I play acoustic guitar and love the sound of it but I also enjoy listening to other instruments like keyboard ,violin and cello …

in the very late 70s and early 80s sound generated by computers came along and for a while it was interesting to hear it but soon it became boring and not so good comparing to the real thing ,and I can not stand to hear the artificial drum beat and sound generated by computers.
Thank you Oghabalborz, frankly I dont know if I am that talented.
As a kiddo, I liked playing different musical instruments and I received a lot of encouragement from my close and loved ones. During the high school, I started with sport activities and dropped almost all of my interests in musical instruments, and above all I stopped practicing.
It was later on at the college I started with practicing my electric guitar again, at that time I've had giving up my dreams of becoming a great K1 fighter, I'd realized I'm not enough tough & hungry hombre for K1.

Looking back in the mirror, I think I picked the right one, a musical instrument and I think my folks' heaved a sigh of relief too!

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Thank you Oghabalborz, frankly I dont know if I am that talented.
As a kiddo, I liked playing different musical instruments and I received a lot of encouragement from my close and loved ones. During the high school, I started with sport activities and dropped almost all of my interests in musical instruments, and above all I stopped practicing.
It was later on at the college I started with practicing my electric guitar again, at that time I've had giving up my dreams of becoming a great K1 fighter, I'd realized I'm not enough tough & hungry hombre for K1.

Looking back in the mirror, I think I picked the right one, a musical instrument and I think my folks' heaved a sigh of relief too!
What do you like to play?

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I meant what do you like to play on your electric guitar? Any videos on YouTube?
Oh...sorry, my favorite play going off the slide guitar, you know "the train's A coming", "like the sheriff coming with mirrored sunglasses, calling you 'boy'!", "big wind comin, moaning blues" and the boom chuck'a sound!

And hell no, I would never pull up any clip with me involved playing guitar, I remember m'nigga hAji TeamMeli loaded up a clip while playing Piano, that was hilarious. I miss that hombre.
I often play the instruments when am home alone or sometimes with my dear hombres, never play when the family are around, they are ridiculous with their damnd comments about how good I am.....bla bla.... they are deaf-dumb down to the marrow of their bones, they can't even see the differences between a polished cock and a regular pencil, them clowns, yet they think and say I'm SuperDuper playing instruments.

More categorical & specifically, there goes my Hero #1 (Alan "Blind Owl" Wilson)