Floor Lamination !!!!

Long boring winter nights and I decided to get my brush rolling and paint my house and then I said to myself since I've got my hands dirty, then why not ditch the carpets and trade them with some shiny laminates. I've talked to some masters and also watched a few youtube videos but wanted to know if you have recently done any work and can share the tips and tricks with me ?

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
Agha RM, I think BT meant Matte finish rather than shiny.
Are you putting this floor in the main living space or basement/playroom area?
I installed Pergo laminate flooring in the basement last year and it's not hard to install. The pieces are about 27" x 5' interlocking for easy installation. The surface is very hard and scratch resistance. It is so hard that you'd probably need a new blade after 80-100 cuts.
It is best to remove your baseboard molding, install the floor and then put the base back over the floor to cover the corner cuts. You might need a tool specifically sold to pull in the last row as you get close to the end wall and have no room to swing a hammer. There is also a tool to tap the pieces so they lock into each other which I think you won't need to buy. Instead, you can use a scrap piece of the laminate to tap the board in with a hammer.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Look at luxury Vinyl flooring. They are waterproof and have great look and feel. Much better than laminate. I had it installed recently. I chose weathered gray wood color 9” wide. Very easy to cut. Again being 100% waterproof, makes it ideal for bathroom, kitchen and basements

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Look at luxury Vinyl flooring. They are waterproof and have great look and feel. Much better than laminate. I had it installed recently. I chose weathered gray wood color 9” wide. Very easy to cut. Again being 100% waterproof, makes it ideal for bathroom, kitchen and basements
I absolutely love vinyl flooring. The problem is for some reason they're putting the ugliest and least appealing textures on most of them. Very little selection compared to laminate textures. Otherwise they're fantastic. Specially for homes with kids.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I absolutely love vinyl flooring. The problem is for some reason they're putting the ugliest and least appealing textures on most of them. Very little selection compared to laminate textures. Otherwise they're fantastic. Specially for homes with kids.
Then you haven’t seen latest. I’ll post pictures of the one I had installed.