Asian Cup 2019 UAE (Brackets/ Team News/ History)

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
This is only the 1st game and 1st round.... Watch for Korea to warm up, I expect Japan to do well tomorrow, and Saudi already showed great signs too. I would not count Australia out either. We will have a better idea after the 2nd game but I think so far Iran, Saudi have impressed and I much expect Japan to do the same.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I'm actually not worried about Iran meeting anyone. Our downfall will definitely be due to lack of chances and scoring. Iran's elimination or loss will only come in the form of an unlucky defensive mistake or in penalties. No team is going to beat Iran comfortably.

Unfortunately Iran's offensive play still leaves a lot to be desired. CQ never found the players or confidence to improve that aspect of Iran's game.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Iran is playing as the favorites. With that in mind you must come out attacking and attempting to score. To control the ball and the game. I think we do have the capability to score on all teams as long as we control the pitch and the scoring which I think we should be able to do so against all Asian sides. However I am worried about the defensive error, pk's, and a ref fuck up indeed. I really hope it does not come to that. But we know how it goes with Iran and how hard it is in these tourneys.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Oman are the current ******* Gulf cup champions but when it comes to big competitions they're biggest bottlers out there, never make it out of group stages.
I lost count of how many chances they wasted today & got beat. They will lose to Japan as well by 1 a goal margin as they always do.

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Japan is very solid. They were taking it easy a bit and also resting some players. I think they approached this game like a warm up and did not come out guns blazing. You can tell from their goals and passing they are very well in tune and will cause a lot of issues.
Since the world cup number of key Japanese international players have retired and been replaced by new players.
Japan did not take Turkmenistan lightly since they got two tough matches against Uzbekistan and Oman. They were very poor today.
Based on today's performance Iran got nothing to worry about.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I beg to differ that Iran has nothing to worry about. Japan is a team that has the highest Asian Championships with 4 and is the most professional team in all of Asia. I hope you are right and that they are going through a rebuilding process and have actually declined but I would take that with a grain of salt. They will improve on a per game basis and the more I think of the Yemen game and the great result for Iran the Yemen side was indeed very weak and had nothing really to give. The real games are to come as we progress. TM is motivated and a great side but this competition is by no means easy and no team is here to just give it up. Japan showed some brilliant passing in what I saw and also the guy that scored the 1st goal had some great foot movement and speed on the play. He can be very dangerous in the box.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
I beg to differ that Iran has nothing to worry about. Japan is a team that has the highest Asian Championships with 4 and is the most professional team in all of Asia. I hope you are right and that they are going through a rebuilding process and have actually declined but I would take that with a grain of salt. They will improve on a per game basis and the more I think of the Yemen game and the great result for Iran the Yemen side was indeed very weak and had nothing really to give. The real games are to come as we progress. TM is motivated and a great side but this competition is by no means easy and no team is here to just give it up. Japan showed some brilliant passing in what I saw and also the guy that scored the 1st goal had some great foot movement and speed on the play. He can be very dangerous in the box.
That's Osako. he scored the winner for Japan over Colombia in World Cup. he plays for Bundesliga side Werder Bremen.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I agree, not only japan but also other teams are no push overs, there is no easy game anymore, even Yemen could have been a handful if our players didn't give their best.
Keep your guard down and you will get punished like Japan goalie on the first goal.
To win the cup we have to give our best and add a bit more effort and magic touch on top of that.

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
I agree, not only japan but also other teams are no push overs, there is no easy game anymore, even Yemen could have been a handful if our players didn't give their best.
Keep your guard down and you will get punished like Japan goalie on the first goal.
To win the cup we have to give our best and add a bit more effort and magic touch on top of that.
And perhaps a bit of luck is also needed in such competitions.