Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif announces resignation

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
(CNN)Iran's foreign minister, Mohammad Javad Zarif, who played a key role in the 2015 nuclear deal, announced his resignation Monday.

"I sincerely apologize for the incapacity to continue serving and all the shortcomings during the service," Zarif wrote on his Instagram account, adding, "Be happy and upbeat."
Deputy foreign ministry spokesman Sayyed Abbas Moussawi confirmed Zarif's resignation in an interview with Iran state media IRNA.
Zarif was the key architect in the landmark deal aimed at reining in Iran's nuclear program -- which US President Donald Trump withdrew from last year.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/25/middleeast/iran-foreign-minister-javad-zarif-resigns-intl/index.html

Attachments

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
no love lost with that motherfucker. Think soon Rohani will have to do same.. within months there will be lots of shit unfolding imo.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
After 6 years, a failed Barjam and failing to get Palermo through it was time for him to go.

next time who comes will be a guy designed to send a signal that iran is gone get "tougher" and time for smiles is over.

Talk about a guy who went from darling of iranian society to having no friends.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
یعنی تازه فهمیده هیچ کاره است؟ این دیگه چه خریه
He wasn't a nobody at all. Of all the 2-faced cunts I.R has introduced to the world (starting with Khomeini himself), very few (if any) came close to this cocksucker in terms of claiming something and doing the opposite. People mistakenly think this guy was trying to do 'good' but couldn't. That can't be farther from the truth. This motherfucker had the qualifications of a good spy and a good "Public Relations Agent" at the same time. That's no easy feat. He did a wonderful job for his bosses.

This resignation is another PR stunt to bring him back at the right time. There are tens of millions of goosfands who will actually vote this guy into the presidential office. He ain't going anywhere.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ Plausible but a bit far from reality, Rohani/zarif all are recyclable goods... In this shitty environment of Iran, he's finished.. he may serve as an abas-a-door some place at best, like far east or eastern Europe or shit hole like it.

IR will start beefing up ranks like no other time. Zarif was a kid in adults game.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2005
He wasn't a nobody at all. Of all the 2-faced cunts I.R has introduced to the world (starting with Khomeini himself), very few (if any) came close to this cocksucker in terms of claiming something and doing the opposite. People mistakenly think this guy was trying to do 'good' but couldn't. That can't be farther from the truth. This motherfucker had the qualifications of a good spy and a good "Public Relations Agent" at the same time. That's no easy feat. He did a wonderful job for his bosses.

This resignation is another PR stunt to bring him back at the right time. There are tens of millions of goosfands who will actually vote this guy into the presidential office. He ain't going anywhere.
He won’t be president. I don’t think there’ll be another president. My guess is a rahbar and a PM somehow appointed by Majlis.

Oct 18, 2010
the most incredible thing about the pictures of assad's visit to iran
is the lack of any syrian flags or other syrian delegations in the
meetings with the leader and the president of iran.

it is as if assad has come to give a report of his performance to his
bosses.he must consider himself part of iran so no syrian flag is required.

this is how the great achaemenid kings like cyrus ruled the ancient persian
empire which incidentally included phenicia where today's syria is located.

zarif wore out his welcome by becoming too flexible.it's fitting that he
resigned on the day assad came to iran as iran's winning horse.

back in spring of 2016 mr. zarif was pushing for a peace plan put forward by the
usa that included the removal of mr. assad.he even fired the chief iranian envoy
in syria over his refusal to go along with his surrender plan.
(SEE https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/or...minister-ansari-abdollahian-arab-affairs.html)
mr. abdolahian is a leading candidate to replace zarif now.

fortunately general solaymani and the rest of the nsc of iran rejected that idea
and went along with the general's plan to preserve mr. assad and hand a humiliating
defeat to iranian enemies in the process.hence it is fitting to see the good general at
the meeting and no mr. zarif.

i think the presence of assad in tehran and the meetings with general solaymani signals
a significant hardening of iran's position towards it's enemies.i now expect a quick attack
by syrian forces to capture idlib and get rid of the residual isis presence.next syria will demand
turkey leave the occupied parts of syria and threaten military action to forcefully eject them.
and last but not least from now on any isreali attack in syria will get a military response from
syria and their iranian allies.

in short, iran will not play mr. nice guy any longer.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
He won’t be president. I don’t think there’ll be another president. My guess is a rahbar and a PM somehow appointed by Majlis.
Na aziz, why do you think there won't be presidents? People are already fighting over who should be president next time and this guy Zarif is actually being mentioned left and right. There are hordes of comments online about AN making a comeback. Even Jalili and Raeisi are being propped up. There is nothing to fear domestically for the regime. Outside is a different matter (oonam hich khabari nist)

Yes it's true people are more aware than they were in the past, but that hasn't translated to anything. It's like someone learning to drive but not having the money for a car. They will still walk, only wishing more often they had a car.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Never say never in politics. I don't think IRI will eliminate the presidency position, because it is one source of responding to some of the public's frustrations ( in the short term).

as for Zarif, he is not very good in iranian politics. HE is better suited to smile and act charming.

His very bad deal in Barjam basically have damaged his credibility for quite a while to come.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
the most incredible thing about the pictures of assad's visit to iran
is the lack of any syrian flags or other syrian delegations in the
meetings with the leader and the president of iran.

it is as if assad has come to give a report of his performance to his
bosses.he must consider himself part of iran so no syrian flag is required.

this is how the great achaemenid kings like cyrus ruled the ancient persian
empire
which incidentally included phenicia where today's syria is located.

zarif wore out his welcome by becoming too flexible.it's fitting that he
resigned on the day assad came to iran as iran's winning horse.

back in spring of 2016 mr. zarif was pushing for a peace plan put forward by the
usa that included the removal of mr. assad.he even fired the chief iranian envoy
in syria over his refusal to go along with his surrender plan.
(SEE https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/or...minister-ansari-abdollahian-arab-affairs.html)
mr. abdolahian is a leading candidate to replace zarif now.

fortunately general solaymani and the rest of the nsc of iran rejected that idea
and went along with the general's plan to preserve mr. assad and hand a humiliating
defeat to iranian enemies in the process.hence it is fitting to see the good general at
the meeting and no mr. zarif.

i think the presence of assad in tehran and the meetings with general solaymani signals
a significant hardening of iran's position towards it's enemies.i now expect a quick attack
by syrian forces to capture idlib and get rid of the residual isis presence.next syria will demand
turkey leave the occupied parts of syria and threaten military action to forcefully eject them.
and last but not least from now on any isreali attack in syria will get a military response from
syria and their iranian allies.

in short, iran will not play mr. nice guy any longer.
We should move this to "just came in" thread.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
ناامیدی خود ظریف در نجات رژیم از فروپاشی حتمی است که نباید نادیده انگاشته شود. ظریف از آندسته آدم های بزدل و بی جربزه است که فقط دروغگویی مقابل چشم دیگران را یاد گرفته اند و هرگز فرصت یادگیری راههای نجات خود و خانواده شان در روزی که ساختار کلی رژیم به بن بست رسیده باشد را نیافته اند.

یک خبری که امروز تحت الشعاع خبرهای دیگر قرار گرفت که میتواند بعنوان افتضاح دستگاه دیپلماسی ج ا. باشد خبر دستگیری سفیر ایران در کنیا بوده که برای فراری دادن دو متهم سپاه قدس رشوه داده بوده.
این خبر یعنی افتضاح وزارتخارجه.
همه این چیزها میتواند اهرم فشار بر روی یک آدم خسته ای مثل جواد ظریف باشد.

استعفای ظریف، عملاً یعنی استعفای روحانی.
ظریف این مزیت رو داشت خودش رو از شر خامنه ای و یه وزارتخونه هیچکاره خلاص کنه. روحانی باید بسوزه و بسازه.

یک موضوع دیگر:
امروز بریتانیا حزب الله را کلا یک گروه تروریستی اعلام کرد که از نظر خامنه ای معنایش کم کاری وزارتخارجه است

دو هفته پیش جلسه ای با مسئولین مجمع تشخیص داشته تا راضیشون کنه برای جوش دادن معامله با امریکا دست از حمایت از بشار جسد وردارن و مسائل یمن و منطقه رو با عربستان حل کنن اما بعد از چند ساعت بهش گفتن ما تو رو نمیفهمیم بعد از دو هفته این حرومزاده نسل کش بشار اسد رو دعوت کردن و به طرز تحقیر امیزی بهش اطلاع هم ندادن طبیعیه وقتی میبینه مردم ازش بیزارن و تو حکومت هم بهش گوش نمیدن استعفا بده بره

src: balatarin

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I think zarif may be pulling a Kepa before any IPL player, stayin in the game.

.....در نخستین اظهار نظر پس از استعفای ناگهانی، محمدجواد ظریف صبح سه‌شنبه، هفتم اسفندماه، ابراز امیدواری کرد که این اقدامش «تلنگری» باشد و وزارت خارجه را به «جایگاه قانونی‌اش» بازگرداند.​
اگه واقعا دلیلش این باشه پس داره عشوه میکنه. چند روز دیگه هم با یک کمی اختیارات بیشتر برمیگرده.​